• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 2 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regulus.jpg

Rem begin redicoulsy popular isn't new She have way more fan art the Re:Zero cast combined , but how i missed about 90 fanart of satella lol

Have you seen the hax satella has everyone in opm gets stomp if speed is equalized, even if it wasn't they would still get stomp cause they can't kill satella.

No satella isn't a planet buster chill dude.

I don't think she's a planet buster since RZworld is flat. Continent+ to Multicontinental is where I'd put her at with them black hole eating half the world.

Unless...

The reason the world is flat is because of her black hole?

We know at least there's another expanse of world beyond the Great Waterfall that the Dragon disappeared to.

And the water that falls should have to be replenished back to the world's hydrosphere. I don't think it's getting lost; the depth of the world must be very big and the water are coming back up somehow.

I proposed using this image to get Re:Zero's potential circumference via curve calculator:

Rz curved horizon

And as I've mentioned before, Satella's feat has a 3-dimensional, omnidirectional effect, not merely a 2-d one like nuclear explosions. If we get the volume of the land that got lost, we can calc how much planetary mass she destroyed.

The Moon, for example, has 1.2% of Earth's mass and Mars has 10%. Exceeding those thresholds would result in an upgrade under the current AP system.

The main issue is that we'll have to prove that the effect of her feat is indeed 3-dimensional, using better LN translation.

The LN Priscilla did not actually say the world was 'flat'... she merely said that there is a great waterfall surrounding the current land mass. Also, take this 'great waterfall' under the context that she was talking about 'people who have claimed to have come from beyond the waterfall'. She does not know what exists beyond it.

Otherwise, all visual representations of the world so far indicates that Re:Zero is at least curved, even if it's hollow, and has a distinct horizon.

We just have a good glimpse of the size of the current land mass because it takes a long time to travel even at dragon speed.

Wait a minute i remember someone telling me that the great waterfalls appeared in the areas where satella consumed so i think it might just be that.

That's also my thought somewhat because she was sealed almost exactly where the expansion of Great Waterfall stopped. The Pleiades Tower is at the far southeastern end of Lugnica, near to the 'sea', the most remote place on the continent.

So it's possible that her void is continuing to slowly suck down water or something... and prevent people from approaching her place... I don't know.

And remember that it all happened 400 years ago, so to many current-day people a lot of history would have been shaped by how much they fear the Witch of Envy. Her resting place - the 'Great Waterfall - is not somewhere anyone wants to approach to see in detail.

I'm just working with the fact that most depiction of the RZ world shows it to be curved.

Okay. Right now, we have to look for any mention that RZ is, indeed, flat. If it wasn't explicitly mentioned that it is flat, for now we have to work with the assumption that the world is still a normal planet, with an unknown total land mass, that just has a Great Waterfall surrounding the known land mass.

Because, you see, at least other celestial objects in RZ aren't flat. The Moon is round for example. Same with those curved horizons.

This one is a bit comical but it shows that RZ is curved, yeah. Tappei is the Scenario Supervisor so it would have been hard to miss visual inconsistencies like this (not once but many times).

RZ horizon

Yup, this is actually what Ram says about the Great Waterfall:

You're right, because in fact. We're Still honor the dragon watching over the well-being of the country from far distant places ---- Beyond the Waterfall., And divided up the royal promise, the fulfillment moment."

So beyond the Waterfall isn't really empty space. They presume there are distant lands still there, but they can't approach it because of the said anomaly.

And Anastasia too reacts seriously when Subaru claims that he came from beyond the Waterfall, contrary to his initial expectation (because of the pep talk Priscilla has given previously). Dunno, multiple characters have different accounts and reactions to this Great Waterfall thing.

Lastly, Wilhelm explains that the Great Waterfall has a permanent mana-negating effect. Anyone who approaches there loses their ability to use magic. The Pleiades Tower (constructed by Flugel and guarded by Shaula) is the closest man-made construct to that place.

So for now the Dragon is the only person who can go beyond it. Oh and the White Whale who disappears beyond the Great Waterfall when he isn't hungry.

I ran Find on the LN for the word 'flat', and what I got were stuff like flat personality, flat bed, flat of the blade, flat chest, etc. I checked up to Volume 8 so far.

Hm, at least I don't think people would dispute it if we claimed that RZ was curved. They won't be able to dispute it using the LN at least.

If the continental size gets approved, I can calc for the volume as well. It's quite easy once we know the surface area (that we can use to represent a hemisphere).

And prove that Satella's feat is indeed 3D with translated WN quotes. Most important part.

Yup the images where the horizon is visible at long distance all show that RZ is curved. And again the Moon that revolves around RZ is round itself, so planetary physics is working normally.

However, the main issue is that we have no proof that RZ is flat. Nobody in any of the adaptations says this, that it won't actually be noticed unless we make the assumption in the first place. In that case we have to assume that the planet is round like all planets, until proven wrong. We can't use the Great Waterfall as proof yet when there are faraway places beyond it, and the Waterfall itself is obviously supernatural with intentional magic-negating effects to deny observation... it's possible that it's flat but not definitive, with many counterveiling evidences as well.

So chapter 3 of the web novel translations is out, and seeing cursch so timid is just weird, and rem, seriously ley needs to die......

That said though i like the release schedule, a chapter every couple of days.

Subaru sound completely like a different person here also the salt tho .... Can't wait for salty subaru with puck

Next part should be out in couple of hours

Well we're Upgrading only reinhard and white whale does this apply to any other character ? i don't think so

Reinhard, White Whale, and Roswaal in the future after we do this speed calc.

Ros
Ros

I got Mach 2.6 Supersonic+ for now. This speed is also for Puck.

The Hakugei durability scales to anyone who can harm Hakugei through his magical durability to solo him.

By the way, Betelgeuse is Wall level Durability physically, since he tanked a surprise 'traffic accident' with Patrasche ramming him at full speed... (remember, 100 km/h and Patrasche is heavier than horses) People who survive car crashes are Wall level. He did this without having time to deploy his Hands.

Patrasche ram

His Unseen Hands just extends the range of his Wall level capabilities, with more hands, and also turn them invisible.

In fact the thin Unseen Hands can easily be Room levels (they only need to have the force of only a few hand grenades or RPGs). Let's wait for the next episode.

His Wall level physical AP also makes sense because his normal hand can crush the head of a Witch Cultist without any weapon (episode 15 in that cave). And he should naturally scale to the Superhuman capabilities of Witch Cultists anyway, whose bodies he is possessing.

Meaning if Witch Cultists do not have Human Skull, but Superhuman Skull, he would naturally be assumed to have exerted more effort, just not know by how much (since we don't want to calc stack).

Surprisingly, Betelgeuse with Hands at full power may go City Block level by suppressing Puck in his Small Form (who scales to Emilia). And this does make sense because, without Subaru's help Betelgeuse succeeds in killing everyone in Roswaal Mansion, except only Puck who transformed.

@Hienkel shoudn't puck also be upgraded, he is stated to be able to bring the white whale down by himself. @Zero

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Well if what i heard is true then i am ok with it if they had tried to fit everything in it would have been a mess and would have probably messed up the chance for a season 2, it's not like they rushed anything they just stopped before the ending.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

- The anime supposedly end after Subaru and Emilia scene , the thing is in the very next chapter "which is really short " is just subaru expressing how he changed his look on love and how he came to love Rem Blah Blah Blah and immitdly tell Emillia he want to marry both her and Rem and the answer comes "who is Rem "

i didn't want all the events i just wanted that line But they feared the fans reactions it seems

Zero man they couldn't just end it there that would be too savage of an ending lol, people would be completely furious with that cliffhanger.

So, did we upgrade Puck/Betelgeuse or what

For Betelgeuse Wall level durability without Unseen Hand, just link to that aftermath of Patrasche's traffic accident.

Or I will come back with vengence that it's 100 times the threshold for Wall level... Calc is for ebil people... *mutters*

Ok so upgrade for puck scaling from the white whale and wall level for betelguese then without the hands.

Yeah i figured out they don't have the balls to do it the reaction from the fans would be too much they can't afford to lose Rem fanbase which is very huge

but i really wanted the salt .... Regulus ....Ley

too much for my Dreams T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back