• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to ask, I didn't check the profiles in a long time, but does Reinhard still have resistance to all of the witch of envy abilities based on Tappei's statment few years ago?

Nope, he doesn't have any resistances to authorities.

It's said many times authorities>blessings, not to mention he couldn't get to the sages tower cause of the miasma and what not, plus Sirius authority worked on him.

Damn I forgot that he can't get past the Miasma of the tower.

How could he logically fight her in in an endless battle then?

He can, he couldn't get past the space warping so he never reached the tower. The miasma there isn't even that severe, people like Julius seem to be doing fine enough.

The miasma is mind hax + space hax, he couldn't get pass the space warping.

As for how he can statelmate her in an endless battle, no idea, Reinhard with Reid and Satella are very vague, we don't know much of anything about them, for all we know he gains resistances to Satella's abilities with Reid.

It's Base Reinhard that has shown these sort of limitations, with Reid he just one shot whatever he comes across.

Without

sample

as well

If anyone is wondering

Vincent Vollachia, 77th emperor of Vollachia, older half-brother to Priscilla

Chisha Gold, 4th ranking God General of Vollacia

We are also supposed to get 8 more if the translator is to be trusted

Btw there will be a special edition of S1 with scenes cut from the novel. Subaru's VA already confirmed that he recorded new lines for it. Also a 1 hour special airing in January (likely re:cap).

Adding in the skipped stuff i assume, like Al also being from Earth, would they continue the end of season 1 to Subaru talking about Rem though? Don't know about that, just thinking it's adding skipped stuff.

It's a lot of dedication to add skipped stuff, not to mention how they skipped the op and ed to get more stuff in the episode.

Really i think it's possible White Fox will indeed adapt the entire story, and we probably will get more ova's too, just a matter of time for the EX Novels to get ova's.

SuperKamiNappa said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
It's gonna be 2 cours as expected, no way arc 4 could have been done in 1 cour.
They did arc 3 in 1 cour and it had the same amount of volumes as arc 4.
Arc 3 is 6 volumes totaling 1802 pages, it was addapted as 14 extra long episodes and they still needed to cut scenes and only coveres like 5 and a half volumes. Arc 4 is also 6 volumes and is 1968 pages.

The first arc is a single volume and it took up 3 (technically 4) episodes.

Meh it's gonna be dragged as hell if it 24 episode. People forgot that Re;Zero arc usually boils down to Subaru dying for 70% of the arc before any meaningful progression happens

I agree that 12-13 is short, but 24 would be stretching it. It's not unusual for an anime adaptation to cut many stuff from the LN so expecting a scene for scene adaptation is is wrong already. MAYBE they can fit in arc 5 cuz it mostly battles and not dialogue-heavy like 4 but eh.

Arc 5 isn't happening, arc 5 was 5 LN volumes, and Tappei said if season 2 did happen it's gonna only be arc 4, plus side stories.

I rather an adaptation that adapts everything, which makes it slow, than an adaptation that cuts stuff.

Saying nothing happens 70% of the time is wrong i think, especially in arc 4's context, every loop we learn something new.

Couldn't care less about what Tappei says tbh. He's not the one who decides what is the ultimate product.

>I rather an adaptation that adapts everything, which makes it slow, than an adaptation that cuts stuff.

Almost never happens in LN adaptations.

>Saying nothing happens 70% of the time is wrong i think, especially in arc 4's context, every loop we learn something new.

The arc is literally Subaru going back and forth between a mansion and a forest. The beginning and the ending of the arc are whats good., middle of it is usually Tappei just satisfying his gore fetish

I could very likely be wrong but I dout it for now. In the end it's all about presentation, if they could keep our interest even with dragged out plot then by all means go ahead White fox.

Which is why Re Zero's adaptation is special cause they took the time to remove the op and ed to adapt stuff and even the stuff they skipped, now they are planning on adding those skipped scenes in.

Zero, you're trying to tell me that learning about the witches, the great rabbit, Roswaal, Emilia's past, Subaru's past, Garfiel, Beatrice past etc, are alll meaningless? This is literally the most important arc in the series especially if you're an anime only who was no idea where the story of Re Zero is going, and had a lot of question like about why Roswaal never showed up in arc 3, or who is Satella.

If anything 24 episodes makes it better cause they can spend time on stuff and the audience will be hooked cause there be a lot of cliffhangers like idk Satella showing up absorbing everything, Subaru and Emilia kissing while being eaten alive, Reinahrd vs Puck etc.

Yeah they could do the same here, it's really a problem, cuz 2 cours for 6 volumes is DEFINITELY a stretch, especially when you consider Re;Zero repetitive nature, but like you said adding arc 5 is also an overkill.

Did you even read my replay? I don't know if you read the LN version of the arc but many stuff got cut from that version, almost 50 chapters during the middle of the arc is just Subaru dying meaningless death and it keeps happening until he finally have a talk with the 7 witches and plot finally kicks in. It's not about the info and context it's about the presentation of the story and its progression. People already were combining about arc 3 progressing slowly.

There's absolutely no way you are gonna convince me that arc 4 can carry 2 cours long anime and keep it interest regardless of everything you mentioned I still see 17-18 being it max.

The idea of adding side stories to fill in the time is cool tho. Maybe arc 4 will be 17-18 episodes and the final 6-7 episodes will be side stories, kinda like SAO season 2.

Would arc 5 fit in 10 episodes realistically speaking? It's battle centric so it's a lot easier to adapt and cut stuff without hurting the narrative too much.

In an ideal world I would take Re;zero season 2 being 26 episode with 16 episodes for arc 4 and 10 episode for arc 5.

Just my opinion.

ZERO7772 said:
Yeah they could do the same here, it's really a problem, cuz 2 cours for 6 volumes is DEFINITELY a stretch, especially when you consider Re;Zero repetitive nature, but like you said adding arc 5 is also an overkill.

Did you even read my replay? I don't know if you read the LN version of the arc but many stuff got cut from that version, almost 50 chapters during the middle of the arc is just Subaru dying meaningless death and it keeps happening until he finally have a talk with the 7 witches and plot finally kicks in. It's not about the info and context it's about the presentation of the story and its progression.
I don't even know where I could read the LN. The official English release only has 2 volumes of arc 4 released and as far as I can tell fan translation don't exist for the LN period.

Tbf vol 11 gave us a lot of info Daphne and the great mabeasts. On top of that the fight scene in the mansion was expanded. I don't even think Fredrica had transformation in the WN.

I didn't read the LN either I just checked from time to time on the changes the LN made from the reddit.

Frankly, I am not big on Re;zero anymore cuz I moved on to other series and don't have a lot of free time as I used to 3 years ago so maybe I am missing on a lot of stuff but judging by the above post, arc 4 is longer than 3 by 150 pages which is less than a half volume.

season 1 did arc 3 in 14 episode after cutting some stuff and cutting OP and ED a times, add 2-3 episodes to arc 4 adaptation and you will end up with same result which was more or less satisfying narrtive wise.

Even with the OP and ED being removed a few times there was still a hand full of info in Arc 3 that I don't remember in the anime. And it cut out some massively important scenes invovling Subaru and Rem's relationship. I really hope they don't do the same thing for arc 4.

I think they did that purpose. At the time they probably thought of the anime as a one-shot thing so they didn't want to complicate things.

I mean come on, if they had time to animate Felix licking's Subaru's face surely they could have fixed Subaru and Rem's relationship in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back