• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time does stop every time he tries to say anything about his powers, and he is aware of what's happening during that.

Moving while that is happening is a different matter, so it's some resistance to time stop i think, but don't think it's portrayed as a full resistance in the series.

I think Subaru is gaining this resistance from the witch herself when he does that. If the time stop came from someone else he might be able to resist it? But it's not proven as far as I know..

Petelguese in Isekai Quartet, wonder what the others will think of em, but uh.. would Emilia recognize him?

Yeah, Isekai Quartet isn't the best basis for such a theory. I mean they already got some things wrong, like Time Stop is a 10th tier magic not 11th and I'm pretty sure some of the guardians have resistance to it.

Ah, well it is just meant to be a fun little spin-off series, not canon whatsoever. Not sure how they got 10th tier magic wrong though.

Subs has some resistance to witch/authority based powers. 11th tier magic was apparently a mistranslation from what i hear.

That said yea Isekai Quartet isn't to be taken too seriously.

Hey btw, has arc 5 been translated to English in the Light Novel. I know it has been in the web novel but from what I hear there's a lot more extra stuff in the LN?

Re zero translations are extremely slow, it's just at vol 11, arc 4 goes up to vol 15, arc 4 started at vol 10. Bear in mind the raw is up to like vol 21 or something.

It's ridiculous, it's why i am hyped for season 2, cause we can see the content and not wait for years.

You can see why the profiles are outdated.

They're outdated for a bit more than that but still. The WN translations are also going slow but at least we finally got the Reid chapters, that's something, ey?

Though season 2 stars about when we need to move the forums so that's gonna a bit annoying but at least we get some calculable feats, hopefully.

Haven't read arc 6 cause a bunch of stuff all over the place isn't translated.

Waiting for those to be translated before reading it which should be relatively soon.

Don't care, also before stuff was translated to the point it is now I kept up to date with summaries of the latest chapters, though I fell off at some point so don't know what's happened recently.

Ah, I'll continue reading the WN then. I'm currently at the end of arc 4 (ch.121)

And yeah I'm confused as to why in arc 6 there's a bunch of holes in the translation of chapters.

Arc 5 had those too, it's usually because it's all fan translated by a bunch of independent translators that usually do something like this:

"Oh, it's Julius birthday, lemme translate his name chapter"

"Oh, a new chapter's out, lemme translate it"

And so you end up with a bunch of holes that have to get filled by the regular translators and it takes some time, a lot of time. Btw the arc 5 translations were not the easiest to read lemme tell you.

Oh man, hopefully they aren't to bad. But usually stuff like that just gets fixed in my mind.

Kinda miss Chicken's translations, they were a very easy and fun read.

So just read the events following up to Juice going insane. And.. just Wow!

Also why not use Subaru's light novel appearance for his page?

Imo he looks way better:

SubaruPNG

Well, most characters' pics are takes from mobile game sprites where there are any present, I got some for Subaru as well if someone feels like rendering some of the background out.

Here you go, one is already pre rendered it seems, two of those have Puck in them aaand one just looks like hell to deal with. But hey one of them looks like it could work.

I like either the first one you sent earlier or the 3rd and 5th on the slider. The others wouldn't fit imo. But they are nice.

I think Echidna might need an update, as well as Wilhelm and possibly a few others.

If you ask me the verse page is lacking hard in consistency completely aswell.

Fifth one in the slide is good with me.

@100 Any estimates on when your crt will be? What exactly are you gonna add/change, i got some things to revise too.

@Phoenks: Well post-anime characters are though, there's nothing official really, I'd have to search appropriate fan art. Actually I don't have ones for Wil and Theresia I don't think, they're just very hard to find anything for. Got some others though.

@Pegasus: I'm literally reading through Volume 9 right now, I'll begin calcs next week (this one is almost over if you wonder/live south to me), Mostly covering arc 3 abilities that were missed, our general explanation of the way magic here works needs some work too, and trust me the calcs will be usefull. I'll get to arc 4 and 5 when I can reread them (gonna take forever), I'll go through EX stuff too when I can, not gonna take too long, this mounth hopefully.

Also it's "Petelgeuse" not "Betelgeuse" just noticed. It actually matters why it's "p" and not "b".

Was wondering why Petelguese's page was named Betelguese.

His name confused me for a very long time as in the anime the translation says "Betelguese"

The anime translation also says that the White Whale killed "the first" Sword Saint whereas it's meant to be "the former". Don't trust translations too much, I've seen some shit. Recently due to some acquaintances I found out that in the spanish release part of volume 9 ended up in volume 8... somehow. Good job Delay Press.

@100 Cool, i am gonna do other stuff so can just make mine after yours.

From what i heared the light novel condenses things, so some stuff in the WN probably won't show up. I mean Frederica for example has a transformation now that wasn't in the WN.

Might as well wait for the anime, where we can actually get visualizations of stuff. That said do whatever you want.

There was nothing really calcable in the Ex novels from what i remember, but not really a calc guy so maybe you will see stuff different.

They are great though so they're a definite read.

Choose your favorite, I have more if you need just thought they wouldn't really fit. Can get you other characters as well if you feel like changing them (anime only characters though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back