• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A true Isekai Character fights a Pseudo-Isekai Character | Kirigaya Kazuto vs Natsuki Subaru

FantaRin_The_First

Username Only
Kirigaya Kazuto v.s Natsuki Subaru

Hey all, Fanta here! I was browsing Vs Battle Wiki cuz I was very bored and discovered that Kirito has a key that shares the same place as Subaru... And here we are. On my end, SAO is the first anime I ever watched, and Re: Zero was the anime that bought my interest back into anime, so funny that I suppose... Still have no idea how the hell one can put pictures in Versus Threads but I will learn someday!

• Speed is not Equal
  • They start out within 3 meters of each other
  • Win through death, incapacitation, or knockout
  • Both are In-Character and are willing to kill
  • Both are 10-A
  • They are fighting at Sanctuary, i.e, a poor village located in a clearing within a forest
  • Subaru is in his Arc 5-7 Key and can use Invisible Province but he cannot utilize Beatrice in any way, shape, or form
  • Subaru has his Whip on hand but doesn't have his mount, Patrasche
  • Kirito is in his Real Life Key.
  • Kirito starts off with the prior knowledge of most of Subaru's abilities and the fact that Subaru can redo but not of the fact that death is the activation

Subaru: 0
Kirito: 0
Kazma comes out of nowhere and steals their underwear (Incon): 0

this is a straigh up stomp. Even without all of his items he'd still stomp cause Subaru has higher LS and would just kick Kirito. Even if kirito somehow killed him he'd just return. It's a stomp through and through

Subaru just whips him to death lol.

Btw Subaru's RBD is active here, "win by death" only works if you permanently kill them I believe. Thus, Kirito has absolutely no chance at killing him. And if he manages to incapacitate him, it is likely Subaru will just kill himself. (Not like Kirito can incap anyway)

Otherwise, you would be restricting his type 8 and resurrection. In which case this match wouldn't be added.

Well, I mean you did restrict his standard equipment as well (Beatrice), so it wouldn't be added regardless I guess.

Huh, I thought Beatrice is only a thing in Subaru's 7-B Key? Hmm... Should I switch this into Subaru's Arc 1-4 Key, or just limit Subaru to only his Arc 2 Stuff or something?

Huh, I thought Beatrice is only a thing in Subaru's 7-B Key? Hmm... Should I switch this into Subaru's Arc 1-3 Key, or just limit Subaru to only his Arc 2 Stuff or something?
What 7-B key? Also, It doesn't matter. Kirito can't permanently kill Subaru. And incapacitation is extremely unlikely, if not impossible.

In the 1-3 key he has Shamak btw, which is basically an instant win for Subaru. Not to mention, Subaru is capable of one-shotting other 10-As.

How exactly is Kirito supposed to win here?

Oof, I meant 8-B Key! ... And I actually forgot about Subaru's feat of one-shotting other 10-As, since I kinda keep considering him as a weakling in all regards. I honestly thought Kirito who is the one who had better reactions, and prior knowledge about Subaru's capabilities gave him a fair chance of winning.

... Also, I'm pretty sure Subaru never actually abuses RbD In Character as well, with the fact that the only time Subaru abused it in character was the time that he was an amnesiac in Arc 6.

Last edited:
BUMP - Am just curious if anybody else can post their opinions about this match to settle if this is a stomp or not; if the former is true, I will request a mod to close this thread or something.

Subaru stomps FRA. Also, no one's even mentioned Invisible Providence yet, which pretty much wrecks Kirito.

Wouldn't it take a character with some kind of destructive hax (soul manipulation, conceptual attacks, existence erasure, 4D destruction, power null, etc) to actually beat Subaru? Otherwise he just keeps trying either until he wins or his mind collapses from the strain.

Wouldn't it take a character with some kind of destructive hax (soul manipulation, conceptual attacks, existence erasure, 4D destruction, power null, etc) to actually beat Subaru? Otherwise he just keeps trying either until he wins or his mind collapses from the strain.
Exactly. Kirito can't do any of that.

Back