• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 12 bois~

4zo26b9gb7h61.jpg

Btw, I forgot how the scaling for lower-tier character work.

Garfiel is supposed to be stronger than Rem but weaker than Julius right? How strong is hornless Oni Mode Ram? What about when she's with Rem's horn?
Also, I am a bit confused, is Roswaal comparable to little Puck or Beast of the end Puck?

I could use some refresh in memory since I am getting back into the series

Well for Garfiel i think it was said in a straight up fight against Julius, he would win, but Julius has hax so it's not gonna be just a brawl, Julius wins ultimately with hax.

Oni Mode Ram/Shackles Removed>Ley (Who fought Emilia and Julius at once)

Ram using Rem's horn doesn't increase her power per say, Ram is natural op, but there are restrictions to that, her hornless self can't handle the recoil, but she can let Rem take it, so she can unleash those restrictions.

Roswaal is comparable to small Puck, we don't know how it went with Beast of the End, Rsowaal used some sort of trump card against it, but we don't know what that was.

Roswaal is more of a bitch than I initially thought huh

How would people like Rowaal and Ram fare against Shaula for example? :unsure:

Shaula is weird, in her human form, she was hyped up as being this very dangerous person whom even Emilia wasn't sure if she could beat, while her Scorpion form has being held off by Emilia, and Ley.

The whole hype of making Reid use his hands once every 10 times, is just hype, almost convinced that's due to Reid lusting after her boobs.

I think Roswaal and Ram could beat her.

Is there any reason why Subaru didn't reset again and try to save Shaula this time btw? Was it a dead-end situation?

Kinda hard to buy that Subaru just let her riot after everything that went down

Roswaal got the tongue action from Echidna.

giphy.gif

Ed is out now too, next week is end of vol 14 to beginning of vol 15 content, which still hasn't been translated by Yawn Press who delayed it to March. The polish translations i heard are at like vol 20 or something yet the English is 11 volumes behind.

Last edited:
lmao Roswaal wins via being the TRUE simp. His girl didn't even stay loyal.

F

Imagine how pissed he'd be if Subaru had teased him about something like that

I mean how many girls are lusting After Subaru at one point? Emilia, Rem, Satella, Petra, Shaula, Ekiodna?
Subaru may be a simp but he's also a chad. Clown got only The girl with stockholm syndrome after him:rolleyes:

I thought the same, lmao. Imagine Subaru pissing Roswaal by saying that Echidna somehow flirted with him (even though I don't think it's love).
By the way, Subaru and Roswaal are different faces of the same coin, they're both my favourite chatacters alongside Regulus.
Echidna's kiss was hot.
Also, guys, do you wanna do your personal strength tier list of the chatacters?

Subaru too humble haha. Roswaal in the Greed IF is screaming right now.

Though he did piss of Geuse the same way regarding Satella.

Subaru is definitely my favorite character (in general). Guts is a close second.

Tappei literally stated in a Q/A that the 4pages long speech she did in volume 12 was basically a love confession lol

Clown needs to die anyway, Subaru should tell him when he get the chance

Also, guys, do you wanna do your personal strength tier list of the chatacters?

1. Reinhard / Satella
X - Subaru utilizing Return by Death / Pandora
2. Reid
3. Regulus
4. Sekhmet
5. Puck / Roswaal
6. Rai / Beatrice / Typhon / Pretty much everyone with hax

Last edited:
Decided to come here because why not and instantly got bombarded with novel spoilers lmao.

Also, from what I understand, Cecils is comparable to Reinhard in terms of pure combat ability, and is one of the few people in the verse that can make him draw Reid, but in general Cecils doesn't stand the slightest chance in a fight, due to Reinhard's absurd hax. People also compare Halibel to Cecils, but the only thing really implying they're remotely comparable is Halibel and Cecils both being Subaru's top bodyguards in Oboreru, but that doesn't necessarily mean Halibel can actually fight with him. The Ginyu Force are all Frieza's top soldiers, but that doesn't mean they're equal at all. As for Reid, pretty much everything we have implies he'd be comparable to if not superior to Reinhard in terms of just fighting, but again, he'd certainly lose because of Reinhard's hax.

Also yeah Roswaal is around on par with small Puck for time being. I don't think we concretely know how he would do against The Beast Of The End, but I imagine he would lose pretty easily.

The statements are from ex novel 4, which you could take as hyperbole.

Basically you get things such as "As fast as lightning" and what not, which does indeed tend to be hyperbolic, but you also got stuff saying he is as fast as his moniker, that being blue lightning.

I just didn't feel like arguing it. I do have an upgrade thread to put the god tiers at sub-relativistc in speed, but it's gone nowhere, guess i will bump it later.

Last edited:
For what the upgrade thread or Cecils lightning speed statements?

I posted the link to the thread like a month ago, and you commented.

Cecils lightning statements

With a pleasant smile, Cecils calmly drew one of the swords at his hip. Then he took a single, nonchalant step toward Julius and vanished.
An instant later, faster than lightning, he delivered a blow that transcended all perception.
“Hrrgh!” Julius only just managed to block this first strike with the upraised hilt of his saber. He hadn’t deflected it consciously; it was an instinctive reaction, one born of the heightened reflexes granted to him by his greater spirits. Julius had been forced to use his trump card at the very first exchange.
“My! You managed to block that? You kingdom warriors are more capable than I thought.”
Julius, keenly aware of the pain in his arm, registered the now-distant Cecils’s surprise. The general had widened the gap again as quickly as he had closed it. His movements were almost instantaneous, truly as fast as lightning. Such speed certainly lived up to his title.-Ex Novel 4

That single exchange was enough to convey Reinhard’s unparalleled strength. Eyes shining, Cecils disappeared again. He went as fast as his namesake, then even faster. Multiple images of the man in the blue kimono began to appear until it seemed as though Reinhard was against an army of a hundred. It was beyond anything Julius’s defensive reflexes might have been able to respond to. This surely must have been Cecils’s last resort.-Ex Novel 4

Julius amping himself to be "as fast as lightning", same thing he used before to keep up with Cecils

It happened before Julius could even register that it was coming. From the tip of the spear Balleroy had pointed at him, a magic missile of colorless light erupted. It was the same kind of attack the general had used when sniping atop his dragon mount. The charge, aiming, and firing all took such a short time that it was almost artistic. The projectile flew at Julius’s chest with no sound or warning.
The purple-haired knight could see a furious intent to kill in Balleroy’s eyes, and Julius pushed the limit of his reactions until they were as fast as lightning. The blade of his saber just brushed the magic missile, nudging it off course so that it only collided with Julius’s shoulder. At the very least, the knight had avoided a mortal wound…-Ex Novel 4

Decided to come here because why not and instantly got bombarded with novel spoilers lmao.

Also, from what I understand, Cecils is comparable to Reinhard in terms of pure combat ability, and is one of the few people in the verse that can make him draw Reid, but in general Cecils doesn't stand the slightest chance in a fight, due to Reinhard's absurd hax. People also compare Halibel to Cecils, but the only thing really implying they're remotely comparable is Halibel and Cecils both being Subaru's top bodyguards in Oboreru, but that doesn't necessarily mean Halibel can actually fight with him. The Ginyu Force are all Frieza's top soldiers, but that doesn't mean they're equal at all. As for Reid, pretty much everything we have implies he'd be comparable to if not superior to Reinhard in terms of just fighting, but again, he'd certainly lose because of Reinhard's hax.
Well, Halibel was ready to stop Cecils if the latter would have betrayed Subaru.

"If that, its contents would kill Su-san, to stop that I guess I’ll have to fight."

Of course in a direct fight Halibel isn't on Cecils' level, but he is not that kind of character.
He's overall on the same level of Cecils and Reinhard, but he isn't directly combat based, his specialty is fightning in the shadows, finding your weakness, using poison and curses on you etc.

Those statements are kind of vague and up to interpretation. If you want my opinion though, I think that stuff is enough for "At least Hypersonic+, likely Massively Hypersonic+" if not just blatantly the latter. Those are enough statements about the same consistent level of speed, which fits in line with his whole thing of being a super fast character compared to lightning, for them to not just be disregarded as all hyperbole.

Cecils movements being said to be almost instantaneous, truly as fast as lightning, living up to his title, i think makes it a little more than just hyperbole imo.

I don't think it creates any inconsistency, only ppl who would scale are Theresia, Kurgan, Peak Wilhelm, and the God tiers.

Last edited:
Links for everything are on the very first post i made for this thread.

The anime is adapting the LN, the WN is a rough draft of the story, the LN is the final version that's sold.

Anime has adapted up to chapter 6 of volume 15 of the LN, don't remember what's the WN equivalent, should be around chapter 130 of arc 4 though.

Btw latest episode was amazing. One those lines of dialogue from the 3rd trial sounded like Subaru telling Reinhard he can only be a hero, Reinhard vs Subaru conflict coming in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back