• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no new op or ed for the anime.

We gonna get daily updates again for arc 7, i assume.

Rem and Subaru are in Vollachia, and Rem is a completely different character, doesn't trust Subaru. Obvious Rem character development incoming, this is good. Subaru gets killed in the first chapter by an arrow[/SPOILER]

WCT finally translated chapter 87 of arc 6.

Chapter 2 of arc 7 though, holy shit, it's arc 2 all over again.

Subaru's reset point is after Rem knocks him out and doesn't trust him, and she is leaving traps behind to stop Subaru, one of which significantly injures Subaru. This man can't catch a break, after everything he has been through for Rem and how much he cares for him, after she finally wakes him, she still doesn't remember him, doesn't trust him and is actively trying to harm him[/SPOILER]

Yeah... It really sucks, and this is just the beginning. Man, Rem can be such a headache sometimes.

Yeah... It really sucks, and this is just the beginning. Man, Rem can be such a headache sometimes.
She's that one item that is so hard to get yet so useful later on.
For all her loyalty and love for Subaru, Rem is indeed pretty hard to win over and can cause a lot of troubles.

Still amazing how most of the fandom basically expected this plotline

It gives a good opportunity to develop Rem as a character. Meanwhile arc 4 and 6 has made Ram a lot more likeable. Still think she needs to let go of that toxic relationship with the clown though.

This is a good way to torture Subaru, even Tappei was tweeting about the new suffering of Subaru.

Speaking of suffering next 2 episodes of the anime should be good, can't wait to see Regulus and Pandora, Juice going killing Fortuna and going insane, Emilia freezing everything[/SPOILER]

Yeah, Tappei is honestly doing the best he absolutely can with Rem's character, despite the suffering that comes with it lol.

Without any of it, Rem would honestly be one of the worst characters in the series. Even now, she's very below average (Within the series) in my book.

Imo Rem is a good character, the issue is her fanboys who hype her up to be the greatest thing ever, and completely crap on Subaru and the series cause their waifu is gone.

Her character certainly peaked in arc 3 though, it became stagnant, with her character revolving around Subaru, it can come off as wish fulfilment, this is a good way to develop her.

Arc 7 was suppose to feature the Pricilla camp, wonder if Priscilla will get some development, or forever stay a c***, the c word is probably blocked on here so censored it.

The thing is, during the time she's been asleep, MANY other characters overtook her spot. And, keep in mind, being below average in re:Zero is still really good in general lol. There's a lot of good, interesting character.

I'd really love to see a Priscilla chapter that goes into her backstory, I'm interested in how she got such a personality.

For real, a lot of good characters in the series, even side characters are more developed than some mc's in other series.

As for Priscilla's backstory, based on what i know from some monthly novel Tappei publishes, some of which as been translated she is connected to Vollachia royalty, obvious due to her Yang Sword, but i remember something about her being involved in the royal selection, which as we all know is a blood bath where candidates murder each other and anyone in their way, Priscilla was able to escape due to help of one of Vollachia's current generals[/SPOILER]

That's what i remember, but could be wrong. Her mindset makes since if she is from a place like that.

Arc 6 was a godsend for Ram tbh.
She would probably be my fav if it not for her ties with that shitty clown

And yeah other characters got to jump Rem cuz she was sleeping for 3 arcs so no wonder Tappei focusing on her as soon she wakes up.

She's still the most popular character by a milestone tho

Still, it's interesting flip on their previous dynamic tho with having Subaru being the one chasing after her this time around.

It's also a throw back to arc 2 Rem chasing after Subaru in a forest except their positions are now flipped. Subaru needs to stop being a bitch and use force with Rem if neccery tho

Ehhh using force would just make things worse in this case I think. But, yeah, he's a little too lenient, understandably.

I'm interested in seeing where they go.

And man, Ram is definitely top 5 for me in the series. I've always liked Ram as much as, if not more than Rem, and the past few arcs have just amplified my liking for her. One of my favorites for sure.

I doubt Rem would listen to reason tho lol.
The crazy bitch strangled my man twice just because he was suspect a bit :unsure:

3 straight chapters of Rem causing troubles :cautious:

Also, the title is misleading, only the last section is his face-off with Rem and he doesn't even attempt anything
He just talk more and Rem reject him again

"Q: If one of his friends died, would Subaru give up on that loop? Or does he have something like a personal ranking?

A: He has a ranking."

Would Subaru really move on without one of his points at this point? Always had the impression that Post Arc4 Subaru would die even for Otto.

Arc 4 Subaru every time somebody died already made up his mind to reset, however he doesn't just instantly kill himself, cause he wanted information.

He can't solve all the problems, if he doesn't know what's going on.

Though post arc 4 is a bit different cause before he didn't value his life, and just saw it as a tool, doesn't care what happens to him as long as everyone is safe, while post arc 4, he does value his life.

You could say Subaru was on the road to becoming Greed if Subaru who kills himself just to know the weather, while current Subaru wouldn't do that, but would do it to save the people he cared for.

I mean, you could say in opposition to Greed, Subaru doesn't view his life as that "cheap" but his comrades live as that "valuable" there before they are worth risking his life for.

Subaru would kill himself either way for any of his friends, but in this context it has a whole different meanings

I really don't like the implication that is written here as to how Subaru could overlook one of his friend's death.
I still dislike Tappei interviews because sometimes is different than what he writes

Next episode preview, good to see Geuse again.

To think he used to just be this crazy, entertaining villain, but he wasn't always insane. It's like with Otto, you wouldn't think he would get a good role in the series.

tenor.gif

Chapter 4 of arc 7, now out.

Not related to the new chapter but imho episode 3 of the anime tried fitting a little too much into one episode. I'm honestly surprised if any anime-only actually knew what was happening lmao.

Also, yikes, the webnovel version of those scenes was so much better imo...

Episode 3? It's not that hard to understand, Garfiel wanted to be barrier that protects the outside cause his mom died as long as she went outside.

Subaru gets invisible providence due to the witch factor being stabilized by Echidna which was already established in previous episodes.

Garfiel overcomes his past, what's there to not understand besides what Garfiel was referring to when he said he saw Subaru being desperate.

I saw a lot of anime only reactions to the episode and many of them got what was going on.

This stuff was already established in previous episodes, ie Beatrice talking about the witch factor, Echidna as well.

Another thing i guess that wasn't too clear was that Garfiel is a coward who can't kill anyone and has to rely on his transformation which is just an animal, to do it, so he doesn't have to think about it.

Chapter 5 now out too.

This whole situation is making me anxious, the group being separated means another Rem situation is possibly.

Subaru is now also a POW, lets hope he doesn't get tortured.

"Between me, the hunter, and the Snake, who would you choose?"
"The Snake"

"It's not a suicide, besides even if we die we will be togethere"
"Absolutely not"

Damn this is actually hilarious Lol

Last edited:
If Subaru is a prison of war they will probably use him to get info out of him because Subaru is probably pretty famous by now.

I wonder if Rem and Louis were captured with him or they just abandoned him and escaped.

We have full translations for the first 3 chapters on witch cult translations now.

Also vol 15 of LN has been delayed to March, so anime will be deep into that by that time. Man yawn press is so slow.

Today we had Subaru crying because he can finally spend time and talk with Rem.
Then Rem called him a creep

I wonder what with these flashbacks that keeps taking half of the chapter everytime.
It's annoying.

Volume 26 is coming March, so i am assuming Tappei is gonna do like 15-20 chapters of the WN, then use that for the LN.

We got full translations for the first 4 chapters of arc 7.

Looking at today's episode made question again HOW THE HELL are you supposed to fight Pandora if she rewrites reality just like that :unsure:

Did Tappei mention if Reinhard can resist her ability or not? I mean she must have some limits to what she can do right?

Apparently she can only direct the black snake, and Echidna also said in terms of power, child Emilia as in, the one going berserk, freezing everything, was stronger.

Think Echidna also said something about her ability being for herself or something like that, basically seems like there are limitations to it.

We won't know all the details till she shows up again, and it's not gonna be pretty considering how much stuff she has masterminded, and her ability, gonna be hell for Subaru and Emilia.

Do you still think Pandora will be the final boss or you have someone else in mind after all these years?

Unless there is a special connection, Pandora's power working on a top tier guy like Regulus is still screaming broken

Haven't changed at all, she is behind too much shit to not be.

Satella is someone Subaru wants to save, how it's gonna happen who knows, and yes the Witch of Envy is bad, psychotic, but Pandora is literally the leader of the cult, probably killed Emilia's parents, wants to unseal something that can "destroy the world", the whole Theresia situation etc.

She is final boss material.

I'm not completely caught up with re zero right now, will Subaru get the gluttony witch factor?

• The author once mentioned there's a very high chance Reinhard would not be able to draw the Dragon Sword if he ever was to face off against the first generation's Sword Saint.
^Where was this stated again? Because at this rate Rein-chan will probably get rekt against Reid :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back