• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the profile like 2 days ago. That's how the wiki and Ex Novel had his name as, so it's what i went with.

I have plenty of other profiles to make, was just waiting on the revisions to happen.

yeah, but it's far better than having the WN (Which is objectively better than the LN) canceled.

My first thought when I looked at it was "That's Satella?!"

Where does that image come from?

So Rem wakes up but with no memories as lot of ppl have been saying for years, me included. The arc ending while Subaru and co are transported is a cliffhanger.

Can't believe I have lived long enough to see Rem finally waking up.
Her having no memories is pretty much what everyone expected. Subaru building up his relationship with her from scratch again would be a nice subplot for next arc.

Was trying to use the spoiler tag so ppl who aren't up to date wouldn't get spoiled. Albeit in this case, i think those ppl would actually be happy to know that spoiler.

Last edited:
The reaction to Rem waking up is ..... less than I expected
Did fans just lose interest because Tappei dragged arc 6 for so long? Many people were reading this arc just so they can see Rem wake up and when it happens boof barely anyone talks about it.

Rem waking up was a forgone conclusion.

Personally i am more interested in where Subaru and co are, and the whole revelations with the hand prints, Volcanica having regrets about hesitating etc.

I'm just hoping that the 3rd trial isn't over because it was very anticlimactic how Tappei ended it for the sake of a bait and switch. I'll also be severely disappointed if we don't see a Volcanica that's right in the head. Plus, arc 7 was supposed to be about Vollachia, I don't see how we're going to get there now...

So, now we have sub-relativistic speed due to Volcanica?
We're waiting for translations.

It's not particularly surprising, but I'm salty it's not Volcanica.
zuobkdxnik161.jpg

Could we put the Top tiers at least at Relativistic+ given the case that Jiwald isn't treated as light speed anymore?, in my opinion Hypersonic is a huge lowball as we crearly have Massively Hypersonic+ (Cecilus) and Relativistic Feats.......

Jesus **** it's like Ootsuka ignored everything that Tappei said about Volcanica's appearance, but I'm glad that he did?

Looks more demonic than divine.

Beginning to think the legends/lore romanticized the 3 heroes. Case in point Reid, from lore you though he would be like Reinhard, but he is more of an asshole than a hero.

Not really a fair point. Ootsuka just didn't bother to read the description of Volcanica's appearance that Tappei wrote.

shiny pale blue scales ✗

two large milky-white horns ✗

intelligent looking gold eyes ✗

TWO wings ✗

Divine ✗

Face of an earth dragon ✗

You can see that he really messed up the last illustration too, because Rai was at that point an amalgamation of all the people whose names and memories he's eaten (well, at least the few that we were showed) with Rem's horn sticking out. Instead Ootsuka just drew a creepy looking Rem in a maid uniform that came from who knows where. I'm not surprised, this is the same guy that in a story about how Joshua got eaten by Roi, he drew Ley.

Am I wrong or was there a lot changed from the WN for this one? I could've sworn Puck & Subaru's dialogue was shown in the WN.

Anyway, this was obviously another great episode, albeit a little more on the dialogue-heavy side. It's a nice start to what will likely be another masterpiece of a season. I like how they showed Subaru here, made him look like a true, confident shounen protagonist. He's even got that epic theme from season 1 playing when he talks to Roswaal. Subaru leaving Emilia is just as annoying as it was in the WN when I first read it, though I'm sure he has his reasons. I look forward to their conversation next week.

The LN changed the order of events, Puck and Subaru's dialogue is shown later. I remember in the WN Puck didn't even talk to Emilia.

Next episode should be amazing, it's gonna be "A Reason to Believe" i think. This is where things really pick up.

I already see ppl who think Subaru's confidence is a temporary think, not that i can blamed them. This is why i think arc 5 will be much more accepted to more ppl cause we don't get Subaru constantly being crying and fumbling around, it being action focused helps too, and arc 6 kicks it up even more, showing the contrast between the current Subaru and the past Subaru.

Last edited:
Aha! It's been animated!

Subaru can no longer be shamed as a simp! (Maybe...)

Beautiful!

Just like that Ram vs Garfiel fight, damn they made her look badass.

Otto's backstory was cool to see as well. I honestly don't know which half of this episode was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back