• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 11 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't attach the dragon to the sentence if it was just a random sword saint. Since he said the dragon AND the sword saint it was probably Reid. Reid can behead Regulus but it wasn't explained how, for all we know Reid could kill his wives or Reid could push him out of the authority effect zone easily. Reinhard can also behead Regulus. Reinhard can easily kill the wives or even push Regulus away from them but his attacks won't affect Regulus while he is using his authority. We aren't talking about who is stronger but rather if Regulus was using his authority the attacks of the dragon and sword saint won't affect him.

There is no reason to think that Fortuna has never seen the dragon, isn't she an elf? She probably lived for a long time. Maybe you are right that she never seen the dragon but Fortuna never heard Regulus say that he is immune to the dragon and the sword saint, only Petelgeuse heard that. But Tappei must have chosen that particular comparsion for a reason.

I think he was talking about Reid and the drago

Reid would make Regulus corss the ground like amature and their talk mean nothing when the author himself said Reid would kill Regulus

Kill Regulus doesn't mean that his attacks would affect Regulus while he is using his authority. I don't doubt that Reid can easily kill Regulus but my point is that while Regulus is using his authority Reid's attacks won't affect him. Just like Reinhard. Reinhard is capable of killing Regulus easily but he isn't capable of damaging him while he is using his authority. Reinhard and Reid both can destroy the whole place and kill his wives and both of them are capable of overpowering Regulus out of his authority effect zone but both of them also can't damage Regulus while he is using his authority.

You're still making far too many assumptions to confirm that somehow regulus is dragon/reid level or stronger, when tappei already said reid>regulus, this is clearly hyperbole, i have my thoughts on this and so do you and neither of us is going to change our opinions so i am done discussing this.

I wasn't saying that Regulus is Reid level, there is a big difference between withstanding their attacks and being as strong as them. For example, Reinhard the strongest character couldn't damage Regulus, does that mean that Regulus is stronger? No. it just means that while using his authority even the strongest cannot damage him.

I feel like the evidences are all pointing toward Regulus being equal to the dragon. Sekhmet rekt the dragon and she is weaker than Regulus, Fortuna said that his strength is identical to the dragon which are the words of the writer who could have used a less confusing comparsion to the readers. Using Reid is no evidence since Reinhard used Reid on Puck.

Regulus said he can't be beat by anyone even the sword saint and dragon, you're assuming he meant reid, when reid would be long dead by then and it would be more logical to assume the current sword saint. It has also been stated that reid can behead regulus, but you're saying nope regulus is invincible when using his authority and reid is just gonna kill all regulus's wives, why would you assume reid would do that and not just accept that reid can behead him?

You're assuming reinhard and reid have the same power set, which is clearly wrong as reinhard is all about defense when from what we have seen so far reid is the opposite, being able to cut even light, why wouldn't reid be able to behead regulus regardless of his authority when a younger version of reid can cut light? Light isn't something you can physically cut, regulus wouldn't be any different.

I don't buy regulus being invincible when using his authority, especially since pandora can affect him.

He said the dragon and the sword saint, I would assume that he meant the only pair of dragon and sword saint that happened which is Reid and The dragon. Reid can behead Regulus but do you think the writer when asked if Reinhard can behead Regulus that he would say no? It only proved that Reid is far stronger than Regulus, not that he is capable of reality warping like Pandora. Reid killing all his wives is just one way, pushing Regulus out of the authority zone is even easier for Reid. Regardless of the ways, Reid in the end would behead Regulus without Reid being hit even once. Unless Reid shows some certain skill that can bypass the time stop. Not that I find it unbeliveable and I do see your point, Reid fought against Satella so he must have some kind of super attack but unless he demonstrates that in the story soon I'm more inclined to believe this. But then again Reinhard is stronger than Satella and is stalemating against her but still couldn't manage to damage Regulus, I'm hoping that you are seeing my point now.

Cutting light and cutting someone who is time stopping everything around him including attacks is very different imo

Regulus's authority is already limited by a lot of factors so I don't see why would the writer take the only good thing about his authority which is invincibility .

The point is that tappei said regulus and satella can fight reinhard the longest, he never said anything like reinhard beheading regulus, cause he can't in base, and can't use reid, he said however that reid can behead regulus, why would he make this difference? Why would reid kill the wives and reinhard wouldn't? It's clearly must be a difference in how reinhard and reid's abilities work.

Reinhard has a crap ton of defenses, which we haven't seen from reid, however he has been shown to cut light, an intangible thing, so it wouldn't be strange that he could behead someone like regulus who is essentially intangible, not exactly as it's different but you see my point. If a younger version of reid can cut an intangible thing, an older version beheading someone who has stopped their time making himself essentially intangible as no one can harm him, isn't unbelievable.

Anyway again not going to address this anymore, still need to finish the chapter, and got some work to do, neither of our opinions will change here, so going any further is a waste of time.

So lightning combat speed incoming for reinhard, if what this says is true. Ceclius is apparently lightning speed.

Cecilus Segmunt: "First" of the divine generals. Age 20. The man who can fight a thousand. According to the text, his true strength lies in his aberrant speed, said to reach the speed of lightning, and he uses sayings that refer to lightning, such as 'It doesn't feel like lightning' and 'I'll raise the lightning'. Groovy calls him battle-crazed. With his fifth sword broken by Julius, he fights with his third and fourth swords the size of short swords, against Reinhard, who uses the blade and grip of the fifth sword.

Could mean upgrade for julius as well.

Just got a little more done with this story before I go to sleep. Turns out Roswaal had already coerced Rem into making a deal with him to save Rem, a deal which included terms that he wouldn't force Rem into anything. So he just manipulated the situation so that Rem would make the suggestion instead.

Not sure how one word is supposed to be translated, but I'm pretty sure Ram is saying Roswaal just f*cked them both. Figuratively, of course.

WTF i am reading 0_o lamo the clown is goat

from 4chan

Genius villian, comes with the territory being over 400 years and always plotting to revive his waifu. Ram is also pretty smart, despite how stuck up she acts.

More snippets of other sidestories

Parts i found interesting:

• Sword Demon Love Ballad: Their Later Tale
Describes events directly after the book EX2 Sword Demon Love Ballad, as Wilhelm looks for work after being imprisoned.

Wilhelm was imprisioned? He is easily the 2nd most developed character in this series

Orphe: A marriage wrecker infamously known as "The Six Tongued". Was seeing six different women in the noble's section of town. A long-haired, pale Casanova. Imprisoned in the dungeon beneath the prison tower.

WTF

Theresia (supplement): Requested amnesty for Wilhelm from the king, for his actions during the Demihuman War. Was given a house in the noble's section of town immediately after her first battle as the Master Swordsman. This is still kept as a separate residence of the Astrea family.

Cool

Miklotov (supplement): Around 30 years old at the end of the Demihuman War, he works as an assistant minister for the kingdom.

Pretty sure this is one of the guys on the sage council, we saw in the capital

• Sword Demon Love Ballad: Wedding Day
Depicts the three days after "Sword Demon's Love Ballad: The two of them afterwards", up to Wilhelm and Theresia's wedding.

Tems Astrea: Theresia's older brother. Killed in the Demihuman War.

Carran Astrea: Theresia's older brother. Killed in the Demihuman War.

Cassiles Astrea: Theresia's younger brother. Killed in the Demihuman War.

Theresia has a lot of dead siblings

Conwood Melahau: A veteran of the Tselgef corps. Participated in the Great Conquest and the White Whale Subjugation. Carried the Dragon Sword Reid back after the Great Conquest.

Great Conquest? Need more info on what that is

Nest of the Earthsnakes: Nickname of a cave in the side of Mount Cordor, near the town of Cramlin southeast of the capital. According to folklore, the earthsnakes living in Mount Cordor cause earthquakes. (Note: It's not clear if Earthsnakes should be plural or not.)

earthsnake: An earthworm-like mabeast. Over ten meters long.

Gross

• Royal Election Prequel: The Successor of Blue
Garitch Fabless: Ferris' predecessor as the 'Blue' master healer. Along with being Ferris' master, he is called a national treasure. From the onset of Luanna's illness, he is her main physician. Bordeaux's main physician as well. Cares for Ferris in spite of the way that Ferris has abilities that exceed his confidence but still underestimates himself, and also teaches him the limits of healing. Stabbed by one of his followers over baseless resentment. Ferris takes over caring for that patient.

Good to know

Roswaal (extra notes): Comes to Garitch to borrow a healing arts teaching textbook for Rem. Declares himself not suited to healing magic. Seeing Garitch and Ferris' interaction, briefly recalls himself and his own teacher. Advises Ferris to study in a way that will leave him with no regrets. Garitch thinks of him as a decent noble who judges people based on what's inside them. It's only been six or seven years since Ram and Rem started working at the mansion, so it seems he ordered the book before he met them.

Been plotting stuff then if he order the book befor he met them

Clind (extra notes): Notices Ferris' gender immediately.

What female? We all know felix is female

Heinkel (extra notes): Verbally abuses Garitch for being unable to heal Luanna. Nevertheless buries his sorrows in wine when he hears of his death, as he no longer has any hope of a cure for his wife.

Hate this dude

• Orcos Territory's Red Snow
Elsa speaks kindly to her work buddies, she can't remember faces but she can remember people's scent, she's asked if her black hair and black eyes mean that one of her ancestors was a summoner, she was an orphan that ran away from a slave trader just before being sold, her hobby is making dolls (she gave the dolls to Meili), and other details about her upbringing and day-to-day life.

(Note: summoner may actually have been 'a summoned person'; perhaps they're asking if someone from another world is in Elsa's family tree.)

Interesting

Huh.... So, only Rem is dumb here.(why am I not surprised) no that was not hate.... Probably.

I love Wilhem's character especially after he practicly figured out Subaru's secret when he said Subaru looks like someone who faced death several times and he has no idea just how right he is.

And of course Felix is a female. Why are people still having doubts about that?

We all know you don't like rem william, no need to hide it lol, yes ram is the smarter of the two sisters, rem isn't dumb though, as she said before, just average, no way she could uncover the plot of someone with over 400 years of experience and knowledge.

Agree, wilhelm is my 2nd fav character in the series, and to think tappei only meant for him to be a carriage driver at first.

Who? me? Always Rem fan boy, if only she stops saying stuff like "only I can smell Subaru-kun" like really... Overdoing is just overdoing Tappei.

Leaving that aside, I am glad Tappei changed his idea cause honestly he and his wife have a beautiful story and that "do you like flowers" is just perfect beginning for a romantic storie... The only decent in the entire series.

Tappei has to please the waifu fanboys and make that cash after all, rem is a cash cow, interested to see the response when she gets taken out in season 2, there will be an uproar no doubt, hopeful the sales don't drop too much.

True, wilhelm and theresia do have a good story and the best romance in the series. Crusch x fuhrer was decent though, too bad he died that could have been great.

^Well with fuhrer death we lost another decent romance...

Wait, is Tappei killing good romance in this series on purpose,leaving trash just because people seem to prefer it (have no idea why thou) I mean that's just sad...

Yeah,everyone will just comment "where is Rem" and similar,but in the end no one truly cares, since she is just a support character for Subaru most of the time.

Well i don't think the other romance are trash, romance isn't that big a deal in the story, well that's a lie, the entire point of the story in arc 6 is to wake up rem who subs loves. I don't particularly care too much on romance though, so might be a difference of taste. Except roswaal x ram that pairing is trash and needs to end, hate that pairing.

I don't think you understand how big of an influence rem has on the fanboys, i am just hoping the japanese fanboys don't freak out and drop the series or something and not buy the bluerays and dvds. You would think they would have read ahead and drop the series or whatever by now though, which if that is the case re zero LN still sells pretty good, so probably nothing to worry about.

Yeah, the point was to wake her up,but just because a reason is good doesn't mean realisation is as well... And of course it depends on taste,since my favourite are rom-com and in general anime with romance.

Okay, you are not being serious right? I mean, I know Rem is being fan boyed quite a lot,but man that's just ridiculous... Guess Japan is full of perves which is the only reason they like a character that's an "ideal wife". Of course no offence for anyone...

Well i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, people are pretty attached to their waifu's and if they just suddenly got taken out they would be pretty upset, there is some solace that she is perma dead though so the reaction shouldn't be too massive. Rem's popularity is massive, if you didn't notice, she was topping polls of best female characters of 2016.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Rem's popularity is massive, if you didn't notice, she was topping polls of best female characters of 2016.
Of course we talk only about Japan I hope,because seriously she has just an average development which ended actually pretty bad by any normal standards. Unless there wasn't any other female character with better development because that's just sad...

I don't usually follow those things.

Not just japan, korea and america as well. As i said rem is waifu bait, the perfect girl, wish fulfilment for dudes, which is why she is so high.

90% of romance purpose in this series is for the plot device , Re:zero just doesn't have the best couples "main ones" , 90% of the fans agree Emilia romance is poorly written even her own fans , Rem is good but feel forced and once she goes to sleep MEH , subaru x beatrice is great tho XD

Other romance are jokes than actual ships , Ram\Roswaal , julius\anastasia , otto\ground dragon etc

Agree OP grandpa and his waifu are the best tho

4 chan chapter 121 is out Roswaal: "Weeeeeeeeell, if it iiiiiiiiiiiiiiisn't Subaru-kun. How nice of you to come. Even though you must be veeeeeeeeeeeery busy." Subaru stands wordlessly with his hand still touching the opened door as Roswaal glances back at him, and speaks in that untouchable tone. He gives a joking kind of shrug, which prompts Subaru's heart, for an instant, to want to think that nothing is irregular. But Subaru suppresses that thought and instead faces Roswaal. The room is an absolute mess. The bookcase has been overturned, and the ripped white bedsheets lie dumped upon it. The bed is broken in two, wood chips everywhere. The warlock stands in the middle of this destruction with his hands dripping blood. Seeing the splinter-wounds on his hands, Subaru recognizes: He just smacked the bed apart

Anger issues

Roswaal: "Exactly! Like how you believe in others' strength, and expect things from them! I believe that everybody remains consistently weak! They are weak, frail, minuscule people, incapable of actualizing their love for their precious one outside of merely clinging to them, that is what I believe!" Subaru: "—!" Roswaal: "I have gone four centuries without ever forgetting about her! The time we've spent apart is infinitely longer than the time that I spent with her, and still she is emblazoned in my heart and never going to leave! My heart is still in pieces from that day of our goodbye, nothing about me has changed!!"

Takes love too far seriously what's that good about echidna?

Ram: "He is preoccupied with delusion. A curse of a delusion, which has kept his heart bound for a long, long time. Perhaps I would have been happy even with that. Even should he never cast his gaze upon me, and never regard me as more than a tool to accomplish that delusion, I would have been happy."

Why though, why are you ok with being a tool? I seriously can't understand their relationship

Good thing is finally we are heading to the mansion.

No just really obsessed, tappei taste coming out, so many obsessions in the series, he is obsessed with obsessions, roswaal is obsessed with echidna, echidna is obsessed with knowledge, satella is obsessed with subaru, wilhelm was obsessed with killing the whale (for good reason), regulus is obsessed with his rights, sirius is obsessed with betelguese, beteleguese was obsessed with satella etc.

Well, I kinda like Roswaal's obsession for the person he loves the most(but that's just me).

Subaru obsessed with Emilia's and Rem's body fluids...

That body fluids stuff was just a one off comment, not like subaru is constantly thinking about it, but hey he has gotten emilia's body fluids twice from those two times he has kissed her, so good for him.

^you think he is not thinking about it constantly? like the first time he kissed Emilia he was in coma off screen from happiness (of course that's not what happened)

Considering the fact emilia's mind was completely shattered and he had severe injuries like losing several fingers among other things, i don't think he was enjoying it, especially since it tasted of death, i mean they were getting eaten alive by the rabbits.

He definitely enjoyed the 2nd kiss though.

You think Roswaal's obsession should be considered a weakness?

Yes in that situation he wouldn't enjoy in it,but just the memory of kissing her... The first time is still the first time at least in his memory he can ignore everything else.

Is it though? I mean everything he does is for echidna, but in a fight, don't really see how that could be exploited, idk unless you say something like you can revive echidna, but in exchange roswaal has to let them kill him or something or not attack back and let himself get beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back