• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 11 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regulus is pretty broken character,but it's kinda hard to tell when he didn't face certain opponents and in the end Reinhard still reckt him. Seriously Tappei...

I will see to upgrade the dude,but not now I am not in the mood and my internet gives some problems thou I will see to do it soon. Anyway, that's it for derailing I guess. And you should totally finish the anime it's quite interesting in particular his sudden changes in character,but still staying the same.

Wait something got in my mind. If Regulus was to fight someone that stops time what do you think would happen? Would with verses equalised his body become tangible? Since if he was to fight likes of Jacob that create alternative space his body should become tangible since Jacob can hit even ghosts (Jacob from FT)

Reinhard only rekt him cause subs found out his weakness, reinhard couldn't do anything to him in base, he is that broken.

Regulus's time stop only works on himself and anything he is wearing or touch, so another timestop shouldn't change that i think, you would have to be able to restart his stopped time or something. But i don't think that's enough as i saw a translation about him being in a different dimension so yea...

As a byproduct of his stopped time he is in another dimension, at least that's what i think, we need those arc 5 translations, i don't fully understand how his ability works but i know what he can do with it: cut through anything, make gravel inevitable shots that will keep flying forever, can phase, doesn't neeed to eat, drink, can survive in space etc.

I am pretty sure his time stop would work in same way as Satella's since there really isn't actual indications of being truly diffrent I mean time stop might as well be only for him,but I don't think it's designed to ignore other types just like in FT two diffrent time manipulation users ended up sharing the same time/space even thou their ability was actually completly diffrent.

Well yeah translation would be helpful,but I think that if someone creates a dimension where it can hit ghost which more or less is what Regulus becomes since Mavis(ghost in FT, well was a ghost) was capable of using spells and sensing presences just like Regulus can attack means that person (Jacob) should be able to attack him considering Mavis in that state as ghost seems to be same as Regulus in his time stop. Thou it would be nice if Tappei explained his ability better with those translation whenever we get them.

Idk satella's timestop, stops everything around subaru and most likely the entire world, when he tries to say anything about rbd, regulu's only works on himself, seems a bit different. What i am thinking is that think of it like this, you have a object in stopped time, what happens if that only that object's time is stopped but it can still move in normal time? Seems like it would no longer be bounded by the laws of physics, but can't really explain it.

This is the japanese where his ability is explained, i had it translated before but the person wasn't too familiar with the kanji, so i don't think what i got before was as accurate. Zero should probably ask one of his translator buds translate this, maybe it will help.

ÒÇÇÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òü«『Õ╝Àµ¼▓』Òü«µ¿®Þâ¢Òü»『þäíµòÁÕîû』ÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇÇÕçÂõ║║Òü«Õ£ºÕÇÆþÜäÒü¬µ¿®Þâ¢Òü«µ¡úõ¢ôÒü»ÒÇü『þë®õ¢ôÒü«µÖéÚûôÒü«ÚØÖµ¡ó』ÒüáÒÇé

ÒÇǵ║ÇÒüƒÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇüµ║ÇÞÂ│ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇüµ¼áÞÉ¢ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇÇõ║ïÒüéÒéïÒüöÒü¿Òü½ÕÅúÞÁ░ÒüúÒüƒÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òü«µ¡¬ÒéôÒüáÞç¬Þ½ûÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒü»ÕÑ┤Òü«Õ£¿Òéèµû╣ÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒüºÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒüîÒÇüÕÉîµÖéÒü½ÚÜáÒüÖÕ┐àÞªüÒü«Òü¬ÒüäÞç¬ÒéëÒü«Þâ¢ÕèøÒü«µÜ┤Ú£▓ÒüºÒééÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüáÒÇé

ÒÇîÞéëõ¢ôÒü«µÖéÚûôÒüóÒü¥ÒüúÒüªÒéïÒüïÒéëÒÇüµö╗µÆâÒü®ÒüôÒéìÒüïµ░┤Òü½µ┐íÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéµèòÒüÆÒüƒþáéÒü«µÖéÚûôÒüóÒü¥ÒüúÒüªÒéïÒüïÒéëÒÇüÕúüÒü½Õ╝¥ÒüïÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒü¬ÒüÅþ¬üÒüìµè£ÒüæÒéïÒü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü½þ┤áÚÇÜÒéèÒüÖÒéïÒÇì

ÒÇǵ╝½þö╗ÒüºÒü»ÒüèÚª┤µƒôÒü┐Òü«þò░Þâ¢Òü½ÒÇü『þ®║ÚûôÒü«µû¡Þúé』Òü«ÒéêÒüåÒü¬ÕèøÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇé
ÒÇǵûçÕ¡ùÚÇÜÒéèþ®║ÚûôÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«Òü½õ║ÇÞúéÒéÆþöƒÒüÿÒüòÒüøÒÇüÒüØÒüôÒéÆÚÇÜÚüÄÒüÖÒéïÒééÒü«Òü«Õ╝ÀÕ║ªÒéÆÕòÅÒéÅÒüÜÒü½Õêçµû¡ÒüÖÒéïÒÇüÒü¿ÒüäÒüúÒüƒÕèøÒüáÒüîÒÇüÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òü»Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒüîÒüéÒéïþ¿«Òü«ÒüØÒéîÒüáÒÇé

ÒÇǵÖéÚûôÒü«µ¡óÒü¥ÒüúÒüƒÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òâ╗Òé│Òâ½ÒâïÒéóÒé╣Òü»ÒÇüþ®║ÚûôÒü«µ¡¬Òü┐ÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«Òü¿ÒüäÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇǵ¼íÕàâÒüîÚüòÒüåÒü¿Òü»Òü¥ÒüòÒü½ÕÑ┤Òü«Þ¿ÇÞæëÚÇÜÒéè――『þäíµòÁÕîû』Òü»『þë®õ¢ôÒü«µÖéÚûôÚØÖµ¡ó』Òü¿ÒüäÒü嵿®Þâ¢Òü«Õë»þöúþë®ÒüºÒüùÒüïÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇÇÒüñÒü¥Òéè――ÒÇü

ÒÇî――ÕçìÒéîÒéïµÖéÒü«þºÿÕ«ØÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒüîÒüèÕëìÒü«µ¿®Þâ¢Òü«µ¡úõ¢ôÒüá´╝üÒÇì

That seems too simplistic, and regulus ability doesn't act like normal intangibility, you can still touch him, just that no matter what you do he will be unharmed, and apparently he can also phase right through things if he wants, plus the whole cutting through anything stuff and manipulating physics.

Well, it's all confusing because we don't have proper translation and or explanation of his ability, but I do believe that he becomes a ghost since he has all characteristic. Being able to attack could as well be a bonus added by the author. Than again I also think that because it would have sense in a world with that type of set up with spirits,witches and similar.

TC chapter 18 part 3 and 4 are out

[Dad: You said there was someone you like, and then you said there's someone who likes you, but, what? You… are you a two-timer? With only a Subaru-rank?]

[Subaru: Don't call it a Subaru-rank! Although I totally realize it's too luxurious for my level! But so what! There can be two stars in the highest place, what's wrong with that!]

Lol

[Dad: Well, that's alright. Do as you like. Long as you get a perfect ending out of it without breaking the law, I won't have any objections. Looks like, you got some talent for duping girls too, huh]

[Subaru: If I had talents like that I wouldn't have failed so miserably on my first day of highschool and ended up all alone. I can't pull off miracles like you, dad]

Subaru is a proud 2 timer, and dad supports

You gotta love when the MC said he's two timer proudly and his dad approve it , i wounder what his mom would said about it tho

Celestial Pegasus said:
Oh i see, none of those would work on regulus though due to his time being stopped and his body literally no longer functioning, none of the other bishops authorities which include empathetic manipulation, death manipulation, transmutation, deadly poisonous blood etc would work on him, regulus waves his hand and haimura is dead.
Regulis is wasted potential , he's the stronger sin yet he get killed so early and he never had the chance to fight other opponents to display his power , tappei immediately throw him under the bus with reinhard and got defeat due to the MC "finding his weak point " , we didn't even had chance to see him forcing rei-chan to draw Reid which still bullshit imo

Enemy can cut through anything and manipulate physics, but still not op enough to make reinhard draw reid ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Arc 4 trials, which are constrcted using the memories of the challengers, the first one has the challenger face their past and they either have to accept it or reject it.

Not really the trials are constructed using the book of wisdom which basically knows everything, the past, present and future, so the trials are an accurate depiction of how their past went and what not.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Enemy can cut through anything and manipulate physics, but still not op enough to make reinhard draw reid ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
You forgot the part where base reinhard couldn't do anything to him , even though he used reid agiants puck when he could clearly beat him in base , forcing reinhard todraw reid isn't about hax as much it's about raw power

you sure reinhard fanboy xD

You would think he would need it more in cases of hax than dc but nope, can't draw it against the guy who can cut through anything and is invulnerable but can draw it against but when he didn't need it, and against thearesia who he could already one shot.

So not any parallel universe/time line, instead its time reversal right (In the same universe/time line)?

That hasn't been confirmed yet, subaru has however been shown hypothetical worlds in the trials which continued after he died, they were constructed using his memories and the book of wisdom, so they are fairly accurate, anyway it wasn't pretty, everything goes to hell.

Parallel world only happen if the author want to put more suffering "that will by joy for pegasus tho cause he will run to upgrade Reinhard into 2-A " LOL

i doubt it will ever be a thing , he most likely re-doing the same time line over and over

Could see it being confirmed and we get back ends with satella destroying everything, especially after reinhard gets nerfed, no one could stop her, and the whole world gets screwed.

Reinhard won't get anywhere near 2-A, all i would want is a god of the verse for that, but we all know reinhard is the god of the verse right ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Reinhard will be tier 0 once he get the blessing that make him invincible even for god

apparently there prequel coming for Re;zero , it's about OP grandpa and his waifu

no cursch no part ~

Anon newest translation implied that the dragon sword doesn't have any kind of reality warping or anything that might affect Regulus, since he kinda said that the sword saint's power and the dragon power won't affect him. This comparsion of witch gene + Dragon + Sword Saint kinda reminded me of Satella. Satella's authorities must have been close to Regulus in the complete defense/attack aspect but without the drawback of needing wives. Also Regulus's power level is the same as the dragon? It could have been just an expression but seeing as Regulus is stronger than Sekhmet I believe it.

Regulus: "How about toning it down and taking a moment to realise? To realise the discrepancy. To realise that between you and me, there is a clear power discrepancy. And you can disregard however good your compatibility against me could hypothetically get, because that isn't even the issue here. There's nobody out there who can beat me, or can wound me. You can go ahead and subsume a witch factor, and then go ahead and bring the Dragon and Sword Saint along with you, it's still not going to work."

+

Regulus Corneas possesses transcendental powers in attack and defence. And that incredible power is locked up in a body which hosts an egotistical, infantile mind. A dangerous entity, as if power identical to the Dragon were given to a petulant child—such is how Fortuna judges this monster.

Hyperbole, regulus is really egotistic he thinks he is the strongest ever so of course he thinks the dragon and reinhard can't do jack to him. And he is correct that reinhard can't do anything to him, queue arc 5 where he couldn't do anything and couldn't draw reid. It says "as if power identical to the dragon", clearly metaphorical, which i am not buying unless it directly says he is equal to the dragon.

I wouldn't buy anything comes out of Regulus mouth tbh , he think he's the strongest in the world when Pandora was bitching him around

remind me of garfiel

I was thinking that it is metaphorical and that Regulus is just being narcissistic in both cases but you have to think that the writer put that in for a reason. The writer could have used many other comparsions and metaphors that won't confuse the reader so I'm thinking that it is legit. There is no reason to constantly doubt the text. If Regulus was pulling a Garfiel the text could have easily doubted his statement like Garfiel by making Petelgeuse say something among the lines of "The dragon and the sword saint can obliterate you in seconds," or even make him monologue about it if Petelgeuse is incapable of speaking.

Especially with the Fortuna case. She could have described his strength as the blacksnake or any other strong entity that isn't the dragon.

Neither fortuna nor betelguese knows how op reinhard is, people just assume he is on a certain level like comparing him to those other 3 people who are supposedly reinhard level, which is complete bs, cause reinhard is the strongest character in the series, so i am not buying their statement.

Now that i think about it, this was over a 100 years ago, reinhard wasn't even born yet, so yea i could buy that regulus was stronger than the sword saint at the time, it doesn't prove anything about reinhard though. As for the dragon, i stink think it's hyperbole, and just regulus being narcissistic.

I think he was talking about Reid and the dragon. However, Regulus didn't say that he is stronger than them, he merely said that even their attacks wouldn't affect him. That even if Petelgeuse brought them all with him that they won't damage him. Which is the truth considering that even Reinhard couldn't damage Regulus.

With the dragon it wasn't Regulus being narcissistic since it was from Fortuna's point of view. There is no reason to think that the dragon is stronger than Regulus except that Reinhard wield Reid when fighting against him but we already established that the majority of drawing Reid cases is bullshit. (Thearesia/Puck aren't tougher than Regulus) I'm thinking that they are tied in strength since the author hinted at it, that is of course assuming that the dragon wouldn't easily figure out Regulus's weakness.

Holy s***, this chapter has 38 freaking pages, that's the longest chapter by far twice what we have got before. Reading it is going to take a while.

It's not reid, cause reid can behead regulus as stated by tappei, clearly referring to the then current sword saint.

Fortuna has probably never even seen the dragon, she would just assume with a bs power like regulus his statement must be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back