• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 10 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly that might as well be like light magic in FT where it is said wizards use the actual elements,the very essence,but in the end most of it is not real.

Plus with light speed he would never get hit by Emilia or julius,plus julius wouldn't move as long those lasers are traveling unless he is lightspeed as well.

I have to got to class but we should get it translated, you can ask in this thread for that, emilia and julius hitting him would simply be pis as there is no way in the hell they should be able to hit him regardless, they are supersonic+ while even ignoring this reid is hypersonic+.

There's sort of a difference between light not being real so it has a different speed, and light having literally written as 'speed of light'.

I already have it translated in Korean. It does say speed of light in both Japanese and Korean.

So we are going to translate it into English.

You might want to cut that down to the relevant paragraph of two before posting it, i have to go now.

The texts are kinda big for that thread, so I don't think it would be appropriate to post them there...

Zero do you think you can ask your friend for some help still?

Arc 6 Chapter 26

ÒÇîÒé©Òâ»Òâ½Òâë――´╝ü´╝üÒÇì

ÒÇÇþå▒þÀÜÒüîÒÇüõ©¡þ®║Òüºµö╗Úÿ▓ÒéÆþ╣░ÒéèÕ║âÒüÆÒéïõ║îõ║║Òü©þø«µÄøÒüæÒüªµö¥ÒüƒÒéîÒéïÒÇé
ÒÇÇþÖ¢ÕàëÒü»ÒüØÒü«ÒéÀÒâ│ÒâùÒâ½Òü¬Õ£¿Òéèµû╣Òü¿ÕÉÿÒü½ÒÇüµüÉÒéìÒüùÒüÅþ½»þÜäÒü½õ©ûþòîÒéÆÕëèÒéèÕÅûÒéïÒÇéÕì│ÒüíÒÇüÕ░äþÀÜõ©èÒü½ÒüéÒéïÒééÒü«ÒéÆþä╝ÒüìÕ░¢ÒüÅÒüùÒÇüþä╝ÒüìÕêçÒéèÒÇüÕêçµû¡ÒüÖÒéïþå▒µ│óÒü«ÕêâÒüáÒÇé
ÒÇÇþø┤þÀÜþÜäÒüºÒÇüÚü┐ÒüæÒéëÒéîÒéäÒüÖÒüäÒéêÒüåÒü½µÇØÒüêÒéïÚøúþé╣――ÒüùÒüïÒüùÒÇüþå▒þÀÜÒü»ÒüØÒéîÒéÆÕàëÒééÒüïÒüÅÒéäÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÚǃÕ║ªÒüºÕ╝ÀÕ╝òÒü½µ¢░ÒüùÒÇüþì▓þë®Òü©Òü¿þ£ƒÒüúþø┤ÒüÉÒü½ÞÑ▓ÒüäÒüïÒüïÒéïÒÇé
ÒÇÇÒüòÒüùÒééÒü«『µúƵî»Òéè』ÒééÒÇüþ¼¼õ©ëÞÇàÒü½ÒéêÒéïÕàëÒü«õ©ÇµÆâÒü½Òü»õ¢òÒü«µèÁµèùÒéé――ÒÇü

ÒÇî――Òé¬Òâ¼Òü«ÕëúÒü»ÕàëÒééµû¼ÒéïÒü£ÒÇüÒé¬ÒâíÒé¿ÒÇì

ÒÇÇÕÿ»ÒüÅÕú░ÒüîÞü×ÒüôÒüêÒéïÒéêÒéèµù®ÒüÅÒÇüµö¥ÒüƒÒéîÒéïþ«©µÆâÒüîþå▒þÀÜÒéƵ¡úÚØóÒüïÒéëÕêçÒéèÞúéÒüäÒüƒÒÇé
ÒÇÇÒüØÒéîÒü»µâ│ÕâÅÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüƒÕàëµÖ»ÒÇüÒüéÒéèÒüêÒü¬ÒüäÕ╣╗Õ¢▒Òü½Þ¬░ÒééÒüîþø«ÒéÆÕëÑÒüÅÒÇéÒüƒÒüáÒÇüþöÀÒüáÒüæÒüîÒüØÒéîÒéÆÕ¢ôþäÂÒü¿Õÿ▓þ¼æÒüäÒÇüÒü¬ÒüèÒééþ®║ÒüäÒüƒþëçµëïÒüºÒâªÒâ¬ÒéªÒé╣ÒéÆÕ¼▓ÒéïÒü«ÒéÆþÂÖþÂÜÒüÖÒéïÒÇé
ÒÇÇÒüèÒüíÒéçÒüÅÒéïÒéêÒüåÒü½――ÕɪÒÇüõ║ïÕ«ƒÒÇüþøøÕñºÒü½ÒüèÒüíÒéçÒüÅÒéèÒü¬ÒüîÒéëÒÇé

ÒÇî――Òââ´╝üÒÇÇÒé©Òâ»Òâ½ÒâëÒüëÒüëÒüë――´╝ü´╝üÒÇì

ÒÇÇÒüØÒü«õ║ïÕ«ƒÒü½þø«ÒéÆÞíÇÞÁ░ÒéëÒüøÒÇüÞ®áÕö▒ÒüîÚçìÒü¬Òéï――ÒÇé
ÒÇÇõ©íµëïÒéÆÕ║âÒüÆÒÇüþå▒þÀÜÒéƵö¥ÒüñÚ¡öµ│òÒéÆÞ®áÕö▒ÒüÖÒéïÒü«Òü»ÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÕÅ»µåÉÒü¬ÚíöÞ▓îÒéƵ▒║µ¡╗Òü«Þë▓Òü½Õ¢®ÒüúÒüƒÒéóÒâèÒé╣Òé┐ÒéÀÒéóÒüáÒÇéÕ¢╝ÕÑ│Òü»Õ║âÒüÆÒüƒõ║öµîç――õ©íµëïÒü«µîçÒÇüÕÉêÒéÅÒüøÒüªÕìüµ£¼Òü«Õàêþ½»ÒüïÒéëÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒü×Òéîþå▒þÀÜÒéÆÕÉîµÖéÒü½µö¥Õ░äÒÇüÕìüµØíÒü«µ¡╗þÀÜÒüîõ©ÇµûëÒü½『µúƵî»Òéè』þø«µÄøÒüæÞ©èÒéèÒüïÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒÇé

ÒÇÇ――ÒüØÒéîÒéÆÒÇü『µúƵî»Òéè』Òü»Ú®ÜÒüÅÒü╣Òüìµû╣µ│òÒüºÕø×Úü┐ÒüÖÒéïÒÇé

ÒÇîÒüïÒüú´╝üÒÇì

ÒÇÇ『µúƵî»Òéè』Òü»Þ©èÒéèÒüïÒüïÒéïÕàëÒéÆþø┤ÕëìÒü¿ÕÉîÒüÿÒéêÒüåÒü½þ«©ÒüºÕêçÒéèµëòÒüäÒÇüµ¼íÒü«þ×¼ÚûôÒü½Òü»õ¢òÒééÒü¬ÒüäÒü»ÒüÜÒü«Õ«ÖÒéÆÞ╣┤ÒéèÒüñÒüæÒÇüõ©Çµ░ùÒü½þ£ƒõ©ïÒü©µÇÑÚÖìõ©ï――Þç¬ÕêåÒü«õ¢ôÒü½õ©ïµòÀÒüìÒü½ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒâªÒâ¬ÒéªÒé╣Õà▒ÒÇàÒÇüþÖ¢ÒüäÕ║èÒü©ÚÖìÒéèþ½ïÒüñÒü¿ÒÇüÒâªÒâ¬ÒéªÒé╣Òü«Ú│®Õ░¥Òü½þ«©Òü«Õàêþ½»ÒéÆÕ¢ôÒüªÒÇüÒüØÒü«Òü¥Òü¥ÒâªÒâ¬ÒéªÒé╣ÒéÆÕ£░ÚØóÒü½µôªÒéèõ╗ÿÒüæÒéïÒéêÒüåÒü½ÒüùÒüªÞÁ░ÒéèÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

Is it short enough?

I just finished doing an essay so yea alive.

Summary of arc 6 chapter 26from the wiki:

Before their battle, Julius threw the trial's sword to the man for him to use, however he rejected his offer, kicking the sword back past the knight. The fight began with Julius' attack, though the man effortlessly stopped it with a pair of chopsticks, then kicked him away, following up by repeatedly attacking him with a chopstick in both hands. Seeing this, Anastasia tried to help by using Jiwald, but to her surprise the man easily cut through the magic with a chopstick. She tried increasing the amount of Jiwald she cast, causing him to drop down to the floor with Julius, then drag the knight along the ground by placing the tips on his solar plexus, all the while taunting her to aim properly. Eventually, Anastasia's body reached its limit, prompting Julius to try to force his way over to her. At first the man was happy that Julius was taking it seriously, nonetheless he began mocking the knight when he began to disappoint him, labelling him as an ugly failure. Agitated by his words, Julius was unable to stop the man as he broke his sword in two and punched him, sending him flying over to where Anastasia was

As he looked around to find his next opponent, Emilia activated Ice Brand Arts: Icicle Line, creating a barrier of ice particles around the man, and confronted him. She pointed out that he'd been running around despite mentioning to Julius to try and move him, to which he answered that he only said that as a part of the mood and wasn't serious about it. Regardless, she tried negotiating with him to keep his original promise, and, after thinking about it for a while, agreed to make it her win if she managed to move from his position. Using Icicle Line, she formed countless numbers of weapons around him, which she launched all at once, but he easily destroyed them with his chopsticks. Noticing that the barrage of weapons had no effect, she attacked him herself with a huge battleax, though like the ice weapons he easily dealt with her, deflecting her attack down onto the floor. Not giving up, she used the various weapons formed through Icicle Line to attack him again and again, nevertheless they also proved to be ineffective. She soon missed an attack, forcing her to take a step back as recoil, and the man took the opportunity to attack by stroking her breasts with his chopsticks from below. With him distracted by her breasts, she took the opportunity to smash her ice glove covered fists down on his head, making him flail around in pain. He quickly became angry with her, demanding to know why she didn't get embarrassed by having her breasts stroked, then directed that anger to Subaru, telling him to do his job properly as her attendant. Despite this, he admitted his defeat, but only to Emilia, as she was the only one so far that was able to move him.

I got the scene btw there you go :

"Jiwald!!"

The heat ray was unleashed towards the pair who were exchanging blows in their mid-air battlefield. The white light's simplicity was mirrored in the fearsome way it ate away at the world around it. In other words, it was a heat-wave of a blade which burned up, burned away, and eliminated anything it touched.

As a straight-line attack, it might seem like it would have the weakness of being easy to avoid - however, the heat ray forcefully smashed things at a speed not unlike that of light, attacking straight at it's prey. Even the 'club wielder' offered no resistance to the shot of light from a third party...

"...My sword can cut even light, punk."

Before the mocking voice could be heard, the heat ray had been cut apart from the front by a chopstick slash.

The scene exceeded imagining, and everyone stared at the impossible illusion. But, the man simply smirked as though that was perfectly normal, and continued to make sport of Julius with his empty hand.

Almost as if mocking him - no, actually, grandly mocking him.

"...! Jiwaaaaald!!"

In the face of that, eyes became bloodshot, and the incantation echoed again. Spreading both hands, incanting the magic to fire the heat ray, Anastasia pretty face was twisted into a death mask. From her outstretched fingers - the fingers of both hands, ten points in all, each simultaneously fired, sending ten rays of death dancing all at once towards the 'club wielder'.

...but the 'club wielder' used an astonishing method to dodge them.

"Ack!"

Just like before, the 'club wielder' slashed away all the lights with his chopsticks, and in the next instant kicked at a spot in the air that should have been empty, suddenly diving straight down... taking Julius with him, crushed beneath his body, to where they landed on the white floor. He struck Julius in the center of his chest with his chopsticks, knocking him to the floor.

Also daphne is immortal, which she gained it from being experimented on, from the wiki:

A long time ago, a man was afflicted with an incurable disease, and, as he was afraid of dying, he began using various methods to try and prolong his life. Daphne was one of the many people he used in his experiments, and eventually he succeeded in achieving his goal by using her body. In his joy, he forcibly undid her binds, and when she came to her senses she found herself all alone in the man's castle, suffering from hunger. To satisfy her hunger, she began eating everything in the castle, including things like the throne and the carpets, and resorted to eating what she threw up when necessary. As she was immortal, she couldn't die, however she felt like she was going to die from hunger. Eventually, she somehow began creating Demon Beasts in the castle, which she considered to be illusions at the time, and started to use them as a food source. After a while, her binds broke from the fighting between her and the beasts, allowing her to leave the castle. The Demon Beasts also left and spread across the world.

All the witches have messed up backstories

Thanks for the help, Zero! You and you are waifu are the best!

Oh by the way, if you still have time, can you kindly ask the translator whether we can just simplify 'speed not unlike that of light' to 'speed of light' instead? give him my many thanks!

Speed not unlike that of light clearly means speed of light, and reid said his sword can even cut light so yea, this upgrade is happening.

Okay. That's good.

By the way, do you want to use this for a likely Planet level Satella, if she is not stopped by the Reid, Volcanica, and Flugel?

Panicked at Garfiel's response, his feet not touching the floor as he sways in Garfiel's grip, Subaru looks down—and shivers at the endless range the shaded ground encompasses. And excessively belated, Subaru truly realises the threat the shadow presents.

Subaru: "No way—"

—The forest was shrinking.

The trees of the forest surrounding Sanctuary were tall, boasting a canopy thick enough to conceal the moon and stars. That forest sky, right now, was plainly visible.

It wasn't that the trees were felled, or the leaves burned away. The foliage stands properly and as usual, the leaves rustling in the wind.

—The forest was low enough that, if Subaru jumped, his head would likely emerge from the treetops.

Subaru: "The forest's sinking!?"

Garfiel: "'S what'll happen 'f yer ain't keepin' moving. 'Said, 's gettin' stronger more it eats, too!"

The threat of a shadow engulfing all of SANCTUARY compounds, the blackness beginning on swallowing the entire forest.

Front back left right, no matter where Subaru looks there isn't anywhere untouched by shadow.

They could cross the barrier, leave the forest, and it still seemed there'd be no end to it.

The unforeseen development, and the sudden appearance of the Witch of ENVY. With those two matters robbing his attention, Subaru had misread the threat this opponent presented.

This was the Witch of ENVY—the one who swallowed half the world, whose aftermarks of terror still gouged thick, the utmost of calamities.

Here it's shown that she's not just affecting the surface; she's sinking through the planet itself. Minerva also says that she can swallow the whole world.

Echidna: "Yes yes. Now, about the parallel universes. If that last example didn't work... right. What do you think would've happened if Flūgel hadn't been able to form a covenant with Volcanica?"

Finger to her lip as she smiles mischievously, Echidna asks this question of Minerva. Minerva swallows her breath, her blue eyes narrowing.

Minerva: "If Volcanica and Flūgel had no covenant, with only Reid to stop her it wouldn't be enough... the world would've been swallowed."

Echidna: "Swallowed, and then who knows what. I suppose only a single person, the WITCH OF ENVY, would remain then. Potentially, even a world where that did happen exists out there as a parallel universe. And if it does, don't you just find that incredibly interesting?"

Minerva: "Your eyes get so gross when you're talking about her, Echidna. —I'm really not that mad at her. You're not gonna be getting me sharing that wrath with you."

So At least Multi-Continent level, likely Planet level

Hmm yea that could work, though this might go back to that whole discussion about how big the re zero world is again. Probably no need to overcomplicate it though.

My theory about reid being all about cutting things is coming true, since he can cut even light which means he can cut intangible things, which means it wouldn't be strange for him to be able to cut through dimensions, which is why he can behead regulus, reinhard is all about the defense, reid is offense.

Is it just me or are the villains really weak in this story? The neutral/good side is way stronger than them.

If what you guys are saying about Regulus's authority is true (the dimensions and whatnot which I doubt) it basically means that Subaru/Beatrice/Roswaal/lots of other characters are stronger than him since they all can go through dimensions or whatever. His authority is already limited with the wives deal, he really doesn't need another minus factor with his shield actually not being absoulate and even can easily be made in magic in even better way. (EMM)

Btw I think I replied like 4 times and I can't see any of my replies so sorry If I'm spamming the same thing lol

New chapter is up and julius is up agiants reid again , tbh he is at big disadvantage he can't use magic he's fighting reid relying completely on his sword skill

although i think julius should try and put fake boobs it should work

so according to subaru based on what he saw reid is actually reinhard class without doubt , it's also mention he fought the dragon and satella before , he was able to hold satella back for while before the sage and the dragon came to aid

reid should scale to reinhard easily so no need for "likely"

Yup villains super weak especially the archbishops lol

Why did the author make such a horrible balance of strength...

Satella is only one villain and I'm not sure that we can even call her that because so far she's been helping and she isn't working against the heroes. She is strong but she isn't stronger than Reinhard so the good guys already have an equivalent for her.

The evil side is just pathetic in the world of Re:Zero, you would think that the author would make them really overpowered because Return by Death is already a huge bonus for the good guys but noooooo they aren't even that strong.

The villains aren't weak satella is so op the best the sage, dragon and reid could do is seal her, all the bishops except betelguese are op, jiwald can be overcomed by just not letting the person use it by overwhelming them with speed or aim dodge it, it's not that big a game changer, sirius could manipulate emotions before the attack was used, and killing her means you die, capella has ridiculous regen so even if it hits her it won't mean anything and the attack woudn't work on regulus, roy dodge crusch hundred man strike an invisible attack, before he even knew what it was and before it was used, the same would happen with jiwald, don't know why you think the villains are weak

nothing said satella fought the three of them at once , it's only reid who fought her for sometime before the sage made contract with the dragon then he added reid and the dragon power to the seal and sealed her away , she is immortal not even reianhrd can kill her

Satella is only one villain and we can't even call her that, she's been really helpful so far. Reinhard can stalemate her so there is an equivalent in the good guy already.

The archbishops aren't that strong, they mostly all have an equivalent on the good guy/neutral side.

Beatrice/Puck/Roswaal/Reinhard/Shaula/Julius/Wilhelm/Reid/Flugel/Dragon/Even Rem managed to hit Ley/Al managed to fight Capella/Emilia/Priscilla. They really are weak, they all have MAJOR weaknesses that the story can do without.

If Regulus is about dimensions and not stopping time then Beatrice can easily beat him. Even Subaru's powers(EMM) are superior to Regulus's authority.

Edit: The story also could have done without Sirius's major weakness, the stupid singing trick is just ugh

It's pretty obvious as i was saying from long before, reinhard>satella since reid could hold her off, her immortality is why the battle would be a stalemate.

Yea, then even reid can beat satella but just can't kill her then, she won't die and eventually would overpowered reid.

Just because he could cut her doesn't mean she couldn't kill him first. Honestly I still say Satella=Reinhart.

Satella isn't even the strongest in the story so saying that they don't need other "overpowered" villains is wrong imo.

The archbishops are really weaker then what they should be. Unless the story is planning to add another villain group - which I doubt since there isn't much time to introduce new villains unless they are solo villains.

it said serval times reinhard is "the strongest character" in the series but a battle with stella will go no where , most likely it's the same case like when he fought regulus PLUS she's immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back