• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raven that is not Branwen vs Ren that is not Fuji

The doppel would be overkill. Anyway, Reb's analysis seems on point, but I have to add that Ren also has means to increase her own stats, so that will also help her.

Ren for Reb's reasons + ^this

What resistance has Ren against city wide timestop? And how would she deal with Ravens intangibility, which is actively used in battle to negate attacks?

Probably being beaten up without actually dying due to immortality/regen for the first one helps a few times. Raven also doesn't really lead with that if memory serves

Nothing for intangibility (yet, although there is possible stuff for that), but i'm pretty sure that Raven has been tagged while tangible before, so while it's an issue, it isn't the "you can't hit me period" kind

Raven pre-S4 finale had her powers not under control due to Trigons influence. Post Trigon fight and separated influence from Trigon she however can. While she may not be leading with TS in character, it is a valid technique at her disposal.

I dont remember her being truly hit when being intangible. Instead I recall active fight moments where she reacts to attacks approaching her and her intangibility, which she consciously needs to use, dealing with the attack. Can you link times where her intangibility got bypassed? Depending what you show I can likely give input on the enemy and if he has anti-intangibility in his arsenal, or if it was simple PIS.

The votes I saw so far have been mostly "fra", which is sad, since the original reasons are what I disagree with and look for a discussion.

Never said that it's not a valid technique, I was explaining Ren's counters.

No, I meant that due to her intangibility being active, even if Ren can't bypass it, it wouldn't be impossible for her to hit Raven, but she'd have to hit her while she isn't intangible. I do agree that it would be harder though

Another thing I like to add: While Raven in blue surely is not as powerful as her white incarnation, her shields have been powerful enough already to protect her teammates from Trigons on screen world wiping, which was calced at 5A. Her shields are way more potent than her AP in blue.

I wonder if that can be calced accounting for surface area or if it would be considered calc stacking

What you mean? The shields blocked the actual attack which resulted in the calculation and tiering in the first place. And it was while she was still in blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFh8vS4rl6s&feature=youtu.be

It was in the first 1-2 seconds. Take a look at the protective black shields surrounding all of the Titans. In the episode later they comment on it. The rest of the clip is the attack which got calced to 5A.

I also have to add another thing: Melchior. a demon spellcaster strong enough to manhandle White Raven in S3 (pre-Trigon) could not put a dent on regular blue Ravens shields in S5 (post Trigon), further underlining her shields have even got stronger.

Oh so near the epicenter. Then it's 5-A in durability I suppose. Shouldn't a CRT be made?

If someone has the ability to bypass her shielding her actual body durability does not live up to it unfortunately. Yes, she can pinpoint her shield to whatever she likes (e.g. an actual orb barrier where she sits in and lets the enemy tire out (happened). or just a flick with her hand which creates a little barrier to block an incoming strike, but her physical durability is nowhere near that level on her own, hanging at ~7C like her profile suggest is valid.

But in this specific match I dont see that happening. At worst, I see Raven realizing that she is outsped and omnidirectional shields herself.

https://imgur.com/a/BbrofhI

By the way this specific scene and incoming attack from the right is from the Melchior dude I mentioned earlier, who in a previous season wrecked her while she was in even white.

Oh i just saw what you mean, somehow her barriers in blue still are "small town level". Yeha that is not correct. I didnt realize the Durability tag also covers her barriers.

Well Kaltias pointed to an important flaw in EOS Blue Ravens profile, which has her barriers at a wrong tier. So that may should have been clarified before this continues, yeha. Can Ren bypass a 5A barrier / has she barrier negation outside of AP?

What does her doppel do? From my perspective Raven, after shielding herself when realizing the forte of her opponent, going for a timestop and dimensional sealing strong enough to keep 5A characters in check is a very valid strategy.

It mind haxes / reality warp stuff, on top of being a projection of her mind and having radio waves that destroy someone's personality

Her Doppel has mindhax up to hundreds of people at once scaling from a fodder who did the feat, it has combat orient reality warp, it is Intangible, and it has limited Existence Erasure.

Reality warping is nothing Raven cant handle. She re-arranged the entire earth (water from lava to water, sky from red to blue, statues back to humans etc.) She also got transmuted into a Pet Bunny and sealed in pocket universe and literally kicked herself out of it - both the pocket reality and the Bunny transmution.Resistance to Mind and Soulmanipulation are a given by her either way.

I dont see Ren taking down Raven honestly.

She re-arranged the entire earth (water from lava to water, sky from red to blue, statues back to humans etc.)

Wasn't that as White Raven? And the reality warping of witches can create pocket worlds with their own independent laws, with everything inside being under their control

She also doesn't resist mind hax, nor Ren destroying her personality

I am fairly sure that Mumbos pocket Universe, which Raven admits is actual real, is at least on a similar, if not even greater level of reality warping than what Ren can dish out. And she dealt with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMfMyUvvjE

-

Can you link Rens mind hax, Reality Warping or Personality destroying? Because I can make nothing out of it.

Either way, as long as she actively needs to launch these things, Ravens intangibility or timestop would prevent that either way.

Edit: And how will her Doppler affect her 5A Barrier in the first place?

You mean, showing people affected? There is this for mind hax, this for RW, personality destruction is just a statement, but it's used alongside this attack. ""The Doppel of electronic transmission. Its form is an electrocardiogram. The master of this emotion fears her Doppel's power, which uses powerful electrical signals to burn away not just a target's evil intent, but their whole personality along with it. However, she is also troubled by this power's allure, as it may perhaps be the sole non-lethal method by which a human's evil intent can be eradicated. This Doppel also has power over life and death; when it appears, its master's mind temporarily separates from her body in an astral-projection state."

Also this statement: "When we isolate it from the power that purifies and ascends magic girls, the power that you called 'laws of cycle' then what will happen to the soul gem? The resulting observation is indeed rather fascinating. An isolated dimension was formed with its own independent law that seeks to guide and capture victims from the outside... This match what you have previously explained, the power of a 'witch'. So long as you are protected by the isolation field, then you would not become a full 'witch'. Like a chick who grew up within its own shell. That is why you formed a labryinth within. It's quite shocking that it is fully capable of replicating and reproducing an entire city. This place we are at right now, is a world existing solely within your own soul gem."

Alright so what I got all these mindhaxed people are infected/affected by these little marks on their necks and body. How do they got affected? An actual attack which causes these effects would have to land to be argued with in the first place. What you linked appears to me be several people already under the mind altering spell.

But how they got mind altered is what is of importance here. Can it bypass Ravens barrier and can it bypass Ravens intangibility to be of effect?

The RW feat and description fits perfectly what Raven already broke out of.

Another thing: How can Ren deal with this:

https://youtu.be/vuOkfXodcjE?t=413

6.55 and upwards.

Back