• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Characters are as depicted in the fate series.

The ground is open(with nothing in between). Could Be desert or open Sea.

No prior information and Characters make decision based on established personality traits.

Winner by Death or incapaciation

Who do you think would win?

Even if you say that, Saber is like, his worst class. He become saber via forcing himself to be summoned as saber so he can meet Sita.

I don't think they call it his worst class, just that he favors archer. Or his true power can be unleashed in that class.

5c, 6c stomp?

What's that. By the way like i said they are as they were depicted in fate series with all their personality quirks and feats.

"Fate series" includes Fate/Extra CCC where Gil is 5-A (Planet buster) at base, whereas Rama as we've seen him at his best is 6-C (Island buster). Gil destroys Rama with utter ease.

Unless you specify the use of Gilgamesh's base key (which is closer in power-level to Rama), this is a stomp and won't be added to the profiles.

Solacis said:
"Fate series" includes Fate/Extra CCC where Gil is 5-A (Planet buster) at base, whereas Rama as we've seen him at his best is 6-C (Island buster). Gil destroys Rama with utter ease.
Unless you specify the use of Gilgamesh's base key (which is closer in power-level to Rama), this is a stomp and won't be added to the profiles.
Gil's planetary feat is limited only to Ea, And Rama's feat was limited to only his brahmastra not to visnu-buja. With Visnubuja I think he has capability to match Gil.
With Base Gil only using Gate of Babylon i think Rama would have upper hand considering how he eclipses Gil in every parameter other than luck and phantasm.

Extra Gil is 5-A physically and higher with Ea. Base Gil is City physically with a bunch of higher tier stuff with GoB.

Regardless, Gil stomps pretty hard. Rama is at least as deadly as Berserker Herc in Gil's eyes (he is indian after all) but has nothing to let him survive GoB spam or (quite possibly) Enuma Elish and doesn't make much use of Vishnu Bhuja's OPness.

>Auto-defensors

>Vimana to close

>Sword spam

>Enkidu

Before i begin, Thank you all for answering.
As for the tier system i am not entirely conviced how it actually works it's gonna take me some time to digest the comprehensive version.
Regardless As to the fights i will put in whatever i thought of this fight.
I think so Brahmastra could be a spoil for Ea but i could be wrong considering its specifcs being only on demons.
As for Gate of Babylon i think so Visnu Buja is superior. Rama brings out quite the arsenal of Indian Mythology including weapons of the highest gods. So i think it might outclass Gil's treasury. Not to mention his skill allows him to wield anything to best proficiency. If my assesment is correct, rama is mix of Herc's skill and Lancelot's skill which are deemed to be quite comparable to Gilgamesh. As for his other skil Curse of Separation isn't gonna do anyhting.

I'm just going to assume you're using Base Gil to make it fair.

Brahmastra is nothing compared to Ea. Brahmastra's rank is A+, and Ea is ranked EX. Even ignoring feats, this automatically puts Ea much, much higher than Brahmastra through background lore alone. Karna's version of Brahmastra, and the superior Brahmastra Kundala, are only rated Anti-Country at best. Ea is Anti-World, and has shown planetary feats to prove it.

Vishnu Bhuja is inferior to the Gate of Babylon. This has always been the case from the very beginning of Fate, that no matter what weapon or tool a hero possesses, the Gate of Babylon will have something with the same function but better, with few explicitly mentioned exceptions. Gilgamesh has everything humanity has ever invented throughout all of time, from something as ridiculous as interstellar travel to something as mundane as a hot spring or wine.

Heracles and Lancelot have never been comparable to Gilgamesh. In close combat, they - as well as Rama - far outclass Gilgamesh, but close combat alone has never worked against him. The one time Lancelot took on the Gate of Babylon, it was barely opened. In the original LN it was even stated that had Gilgamesh opened the Gate just a little further, Lancelot would've been overwhelmed.

When it comes to Heracles, even if he was busy protecting Illya instead of fighting all-out, he was still killed several times. Unlike Heracles, Rama doesn't have multiple lives. He doesn't stand a chance in hell.

That Herc was Beserker. True Archer shows that Gil needs Ea to win.
Vishnu Buja has weapons of the Gods themselves which allows Rama To wield weapons of any Weapon class with Mastery of Lancelot. I think so its more than enough to overpower anything in Gil's GOB.
For Ea's Argument, Can you say for sure that it's superior to Karna's Vasavi Shakti or Arjuna's Pasupatastra? Because that's what's gonna take to take down Vishnu Buja. Weapons even superior to that are part of Rama's treasury.

Herc being a Berserker changes nothing, Gil still stomped him. True Archer just shows how good the Nemean Lion is and Gil can fire off Ig Alima or Sul sagana to end the fight. Ea isn't needed at all and with hindsight, both the readers and characters know he was bullshitting si he could steal it with Reincarnation Pandora.

GoB also has Divine Constructs. And the idea that DC are inherently suerior to non-DC is false. Rama may not even remember what he has and even then needs to actually take it out and use it one at a time. Gil just drops a wall of weapons and calls it a day.

Ea is superior. Even just the energy blast alone completely overpowers Excalibur immediately and Excalibur is definitely on the level of Brahmastra. Balmung was able to hold off VS for a few seconds without the amp to EX so nerfed Ea >>> Excalibur = Gram > Balmung << Vasavi Shakti.

@OnePunchSaitama

You must be new. Here's a run-down of how things work with Gil.

Rule no.1 of Fate: Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant.

Rule no. 2 of Fate: If Gilgamesh isn't the strongest Servant, new lore will be revealed to make sure rule 1 always applies.

Honestly, if you wanted battles between Servants using just Nasu's lore and none of the calcs and feats of VSbattles, go to Beast Lair's "Badass Versus" thread. Even then, most of them would ask you if you were stupid before telling you that Rama gets destroyed; because anyone with any knowledge of Fate knows that Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant bar none.

Did you even read the profiles before you made this? Or the rules and guidelines pages for making versus threads?

Solacis said:
@OnePunchSaitama
You must be new. Here's a run-down of how things work with Gil.

Rule no.1 of Fate: Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant.

Rule no. 2 of Fate: If Gilgamesh isn't the strongest Servant, new lore will be revealed to make sure rule 1 always applies.

Honestly, if you wanted battles between Servants using just Nasu's lore and none of the calcs and feats of VSbattles, go to Beast Lair's "Badass Versus" thread. Even then, most of them would ask you if you were stupid before telling you that Rama gets destroyed; because anyone with any knowledge of Fate knows that Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant bar none.

Did you even read the profiles before you made this? Or the rules and guidelines pages for making versus threads?
Well these new rules are quite interesting?! First time i am hearing them. I am pretty sure they have already said quite a few counters with Karna equally paralleling Gil. Kiara too might be very close.
I will check out the thread as you suggest. But i am pretty sure that wherever people that say Gil's strongest are often accompanied by those who say Karna is equal. I did read profile but i still had difficulty with the whole setup of tiering. I am still bit confused there and how feats are factored in.

AnonymousBlank said:
Herc being a Berserker changes nothing, Gil still stomped him. True Archer just shows how good the Nemean Lion is and Gil can fire off Ig Alima or Sul sagana to end the fight. Ea isn't needed at all and with hindsight, both the readers and characters know he was bullshitting si he could steal it with Reincarnation Pandora.
GoB also has Divine Constructs. And the idea that DC are inherently suerior to non-DC is false. Rama may not even remember what he has and even then needs to actually take it out and use it one at a time. Gil just drops a wall of weapons and calls it a day.

Ea is superior. Even just the energy blast alone completely overpowers Excalibur immediately and Excalibur is definitely on the level of Brahmastra. Balmung was able to hold off VS for a few seconds without the amp to EX so nerfed Ea >>> Excalibur = Gram > Balmung << Vasavi Shakti.
Even if Gil spams divine constructs what stopping Herc from deviating the projectiles with his Archery skill? Without Ea and Enkidu i don't think Gil would win. True Archer's stats are too high in that regard.
At least if i recall correctly the weapons given to Rama are knowledge rather than just weapons. And those wepaons allow him to deal with both Demons and Gods(according to Nasu lore). And I think so you are assuming Rama brings out one weapon and uses it. When actually the number of weapons released depends on his divinity which in this case is really good.
And yes i have heard Ea is superior. But i never heard of comparison where it's compared to some of the other top class Phantasms. And VS also depends on divinity so that damage would be more on Gil i am guessing?

Gil, using his passive Clairvoyance detects Rama to be a dangerous threat like Karna and uses Enkidu to bind him before peppering him with Noble Phantasms. Like he does in almost every single VS match against Servants since he has a lot of advantages against them.

RegisNex1232 said:
Gil, using his passive Clairvoyance detects Rama to be a dangerous threat like Karna and uses Enkidu to bind him before peppering him with Noble Phantasms. Like he does in almost every single VS match against Servants since he has a lot of advantages against them.
Possible hence why i added the personality quirk.

This is not OOC for Gil, since he does realise Karna's threat in Extra CCC and is willing to stop holding back. Again, there's not much Rama can do, just like every other Heroic Spirit since Gil is the strongest one.

@OnePunch
IgAlima
In what world is Herc deflecting this (see the giant sword to the right)? Skill doesn't mean anything against this without stupidly high stats.

High stats meant nothing for every other physical juggernaut Gil stomped.

Enkidu does nothing against True Archer.

You don't know how Vishnu Bhuja works do you? The higher Rama's Divinity the more weapons he has access to, it isn't like GoB where Gil just spams waves of passive effects. Rama also has access to a half dozen or so NPs from it which doesn't help against thousands of comparable NPs.

Ea is at the very top of NP available to standard class Servants and beats out most of the non-standard class Servant NPs.

VS actually needs to hit Gil for it's anti-divine trait to factor in.

That's from Fate Kaleid prisma Illya right? Isn't that dodgable with riding beasts? And i am pretty sure Gil never faced anyone with those absurd stat like Alcedies.
https://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Vishnu_Bhuja According to this maximum limit of number of weapons he can bring out increases. He is "bringing out" More than one...
So Vasavi Shakti would lose out to Ea's power output?

Yes vs would lose to ea

Alcedies was only really pushing gil due to the pelt which nulled every man made weapon in the gob

He could have won with divine constructs the whole needing ea bit was so he could steal ea with reincarnation pandora

RegisNex1232 said:
I don't know why you'd use unrelated material from Prisma when it runs off different mechanics...
Since Gil in prisma illya has the same stuff in the gob as in the main universe?

Yes it is.

Why would riding an animal make it dodgeable?

... never fac- Herc, Lancelot, Saber, Karna, Cu, Enkidu etc etc Believe it or not dude, Alcides is nowhere near the pinacle of Servant stats.

Yes, bring out ... into his hands ... where he must wield them ... often requiring both hands ... because the indians loved their bows and spears. Unless he has a few more arms that I am unaware of, Rama is using one at a time.

ah okay. Well isnt Gil like the strongest servant? so wouldnt any servant vs him End in a victory for him?

ah AnonymousBlank said:
Thats what most of us are saying yes. There seems to be some disagreement for some reason.
Ah okay. THe only time i ever see him losing to a servant is if its a Grand servant and thats an entire issu in itself lol

AnonymousBlank said:
Yes it is.
Why would riding an animal make it dodgeable?

... never fac- Herc, Lancelot, Saber, Karna, Cu, Enkidu etc etc Believe it or not dude, Alcides is nowhere near the pinacle of Servant stats.

Yes, bring out ... into his hands ... where he must wield them ... often requiring both hands ... because the indians loved their bows and spears. Unless he has a few more arms that I am unaware of, Rama is using one at a time.
YEah about that i am bit confused too. Vishnu depending on picture/situation can have more than 1000 hands. That is pretty bad if that statement about Rama's existence becoming closer to Vishnu is true.
As for riding animals, Isn't speeding away dodging weapoins not a possibility? last i checked Being Divine Construct doesn't nessearily mean a Homing missile.
And yes you could say it's a new endeavor for me(in fate series) considering i am very impressed by Gil's personality and power. You could say it's more like a "test". There were few others who I liked. Karna, Hercules(as true Archer), Gintoki, Saver, rama, Lancer Artoria and so on. And Right now i am pretty mcuh trying to figure out who sits on top..

Paul Frank said:
Yes vs would lose to ea
Alcedies was only really pushing gil due to the pelt which nulled every man made weapon in the gob

He could have won with divine constructs the whole needing ea bit was so he could steal ea with reincarnation pandora
So what's stopping him from stealing these Constructs you named?

Rama getting more arms seems like a pretty notable thing that should be mentioned. If it doesn't say, then it doesn't matter.

I assume you are referring to Kerberos, it doesn't matter seeing as plenty of faster Servants have been tagged by smaller weapons. Ig-Alima is just as fast, is much larger and the gaint puppy makes for an easier target.

The endeavor is pretty pointless imo. Most of the ones who can step up to Gil are, understandaby, divine in nature which means Enkidu insta gibs them. The few who aren't just aren't impressive enough even with potential counters to GoB like KoH and UBW.

Outside of Grands, Gil is king.

Back