• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about GER

Quibster

She/Her
TL;DR is...

Does Giorno Giovanna's GER RtZ and Death Loop affect Robots? And do all Robot have Willpower, along with mindless characters that supposedly don't have willpower?

What defines Willpower?

Edit: Guess we can use this thread as a Q&A about GER

The willpower manip doesn't work on robots as it never shows doing so, the rest still works. Some may say that willpower manip is just a part of its Causality Manipulation, but there is no evidence of it.

So RtZ can't work on some Robots, same with Causality Manipulation?

Does Causality Manipulation only apply to beings with life?

No, Willpower Manipulation doesn't work on robots cuz they have no emotions nor mind, they can still be affected by Causality Manipulation.

It would most likely be an incon or giorno gets AP stomp. But if you manage to find a cool ger match that'd be nice,i personally hate ger matches due to the stand's vagueness . There was a discussion about ger having a bfr ability but no one did a crt on it

No, no. Only the willpower manip doesn't work. GER may have bfr but only after killing its targets.

Yh but willpower manip is ger's only way to beat someone with higher dura,without it it'd just be an incon

Only the Manga and Databooks are canon according to Lonliosite.

Everything else is not canon. That true?

Edit: Just changed the thread title to "Questions about GER"

Although, technically a robot can't be killed due not being alive to begin with, so I doubt it can be "death-looped" (it could "destroy-loop" it, but that wouldn't have any sense against a robot), in whose case transmutate it into a living being should be enough. And as I said, Causality Manipulation still works.

Quibster said:
Only the Manga and Databooks are canon according to Lonliosite.

Everything else is not canon. That true?

Edit: Just changed the thread title to "Questions about GER"
Correct. I still believe novel ger should have its own profile. For starters it was shown that ger is thought-based,well at least it was implied to be. Ger also bfred pucci which actually makes sense as it bfrs diavolo an infinite amount of times. The only diff is ger bfred pucci without killing him first

@Antoniofer

But GER has never performed RtZ against a robot, and is a life-based stand. Are Robots bound by the Laws of Causality?

Zel97 said:
Yh but willpower manip is ger's only way to beat someone with higher dura,without it it'd just be an inco
No, it's not. Going by "ignore durability=use hax" then the Causality Manipulation is still there, if the targets have nothing to do about it then their actions still get returned to 0, leaving them helpless.

Quibster said:
@Antoniofer
But GER has never performed RtZ against a robot, and is a life-based stand. Are Robots bound by the Laws of Causality?
GE's powers are life-related, GER has the same and Causality-based powers. The latter is being used. Causality means "the relationship between cause and effect" and/or "the principle that everything has a cause.", I hope you can see how robots have no reason to be exempt to this due to being robots.

No, it's not. Going by "ignore durability=use hax" then the Causality Manipulation is still there, if the targets have nothing to do about it then their actions still get returned to 0, leaving them helpless.

Im terribly sorry but i cant understand your point,how can causality manip give ger the win? Its mostly use defensively. If ger cant incap people with high dura via willpower manip then it should be incon via rtz constantly resetting the enemy's actions to 0

BoomerKuwanger1 said:
Can Giorno revert any action or just attacks.
Attacks i believe,diavolo was still able to erase time but when he attacked ger he got reverted to 0 meaning any hostile action towards giorno will be revert to 0

GER reverts everything but it activates with attacks/something wanting to harm Giorno. Mista was shooting before the RtZ and had to do it again afterwards.

Zel97 said:
Im terribly sorry but i cant understand your point,how can causality manip give ger the win? Its mostly use defensively. If ger cant incap people with high dura via willpower manip then it should be incon via rtz constantly resetting the enemy's actions to 0
We don't really know how much time they will have their willpower put at 0, same with their actions. But if that could happen one time then so can a second one. GER will have to punch them over and over or use poison from animals, idk. I don't have much more to say about the matter.

BoomerKuwanger1 said:
Does GER lose the ability to make animals that hurt the enemy if they attack them?
Ger is able to use the life-giving ability as shown when he shot the rock at diavolo so i dont see why it cant use that ability as well

I believe they shouldn't, manipulating causality is something more "deep" or "primal" than mind manipulation, like someone that is immune to biological manipulation can't avoid being age reverted by time manipulation.

Stands usually have one ability, and they can use other powers that are similar to that ability even if doing so looks like bullsh*t, that's canon in JoJo. GE's ability to create life gives it all the powers you see in Giorno's profile, as GER can do some of that it is assumed that it can do all the other powers that are based on the same ability to create life, because "it didn't lose its other Stand ability" is better than "it can use some of its other powers from its other Stand ability but not all of them to an interpretable/random extent".

The pen or the sword said:
Can he bypass resistances to mind manip or not? Just trying to be clear here as I was told it would bypass resistances/immunities.
Now im not sure,its either ger's willpower manip directly targets the enemy's mind or it is done by reverting causality(which indirectly resets the opponent's willpower)

I asked chariot once about this issue and he said this

"idk, RTZ technically isnt even causality manipulation, its just what it most closely resembles and it can perform causality manip. RTZ itself isnt c&e manip, otherwise shit like giving diavolo a brand new uniqe death would be literally impossible as if it was only c&e manip GER would only be able to give it deaths that had already happened or deaths that will happen, not force a new death completely unrelated to anything ad infitum. Completely ignoring GER can do things like BFR with RTZ which isnt related to c&e manip or fly or etc. Will power manip though, it could be causality manip or empath manip or even mind manip, we dont know, GER only had one canon appearance and Araki was vague on what it can do and how it does things. So the answer is idk, maybe, maybe not."

If thats the case Im leaning more on no then, simply because theres no evidence to really support it being a result of causality manip and the stand clearly doing other things that don't make much sense in the grand scheme. It just feels odd to wank off and ability so ill defined... Thats just my take though...

The problem is that, in canon, GER's power is barely even defined. Non-canon material go on more deep regarding GER, but we can't use that.

Back