• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this thread is slept on as **** but it feels wrong to let it die and go necro, given how peak the OP is
we gotta get this passed

Show a statement saying GER by a reliable source (wog, ger itself, guide, even a shitty game, literally anything that isn't Pol who is going off a sample size of 1) can do this or him doing it flat-out (I will accept noncanon as well, just give something).

Otherwise this ain't it, it'd just be a character making an assumption and being wrong. his wouldn't be the first, nor last time in JoJo a dude said something as fact, and ended up being wrong, especially in regards to stand abilities.

Btw "Requiem" in the Chariot scan is referring to the Stand itself (SCR is referred to by "Requiem" almost exclusively).

Show a statement saying GER by a reliable source (wog, ger itself, guide, even a shitty game, literally anything that isn't Pol who is going off a sample size of 1) can do this or him doing it flat-out (I will accept noncanon as well, just give something).

Otherwise this ain't it, it'd just be a character making an assumption and being wrong. his wouldn't be the first, nor last time in JoJo a dude said something as fact, and ended up being wrong, especially in regards to stand abilities.

Btw "Requiem" in the Chariot scan is referring to the Stand itself (SCR is referred to by "Requiem" almost exclusively).
Ok actually I’m gonna address this real quick
Statements from Chariot Requiem's stand description

On Chariot Requiem's stand stats it states:

"A stand energy that evolved from Polnareff's Sliver Chariot when it was pierced by the arrow. Due to the decline of Polnareff's stand ability, it has gone out of control. Requiem is an energy that dominates living souls. In this stands's case, it has switched the souls of bodies near each other."
It says that requiem as a whole dominates souls, and chariot requiem the stand is specified afterwards as having switched the souls
In other words, the statement that requiem in general dominates souls is not the same as when characters are referring to chariot requiem as just requiem, but is referring to the arrow itself.
And as GER had full control of the arrow, it should be more capable of doing this than chariot requiem.
Admittedly Polnareff isn’t hard evidence, but he is directly corroborating what the stand stats say, so his exposition dump doesn’t necessarily have 0 truth to it.

Oh sweet summer child, the raws.
It isn't saying "Requiem (Stands) have soul manip", it's saying "Requiem (This specific entity that is now exclusively referred to as Requiem, including on the very same page this statement is from) can manipulate souls".

It even puts "Requiem" in brackets/parentheses much like they do with Stand names all the time. Like here's a detail you might have missed, notice how Chariot Requiem's Stand name in his stats isn't listed as "Chariot Requiem", but simply "Requiem". Kinda fishy huh?

The issue with that statement is that it simply doesn't mean Requiem in general ignoring how GER didn't exist at the time and the only Requiem Stand was SCR, aka still working with a sample size of 1, but talking about Requiem the Stand.

And Pol is objectively full of shit. And besides, if GER had this don't you think the 2 LN, the 5 games, the 2 guides, the anime, the manga, the 8 websites, the 34 Part 5 interviews, the funny ass anv waffer cards, and more would've mentioned it at least once?

Oh sweet summer child, the raws.
It isn't saying "Requiem (Stands) have soul manip", it's saying "Requiem (This specific entity that is now exclusively referred to as Requiem, including on the very same page this statement is from) can manipulate souls".
So are you saying it’s a minor mistranslation or something

Im saying it's slightly less vague in japanese, but also reading comprehension.
The funny part is, they refer to Chariot itself as "an energy" in the immediately preceding sentence, and then they say "Requiem" (Bolded in faneng, but bracketed like a Stand name in the raw) is an energy.

Why would you assume Requiem, worded as if it's a specific Stand, on the page that states its name is just "Requiem", after having already called the Stand itself "energy" in the same paragraph, means "Requiem energy as a concept" and not "Requiem energy the Stand".

Okay, I’m going to take this one at a time
assuming requiem does mean chariot requiem in this specific instance, here is another way of saying that sentence

“[chariot requiem is] a stand energy that evolved from Polnareff's Sliver Chariot when it was pierced by the arrow. Due to the decline of Polnareff's stand ability, it has gone out of control. Chariot requiem is an energy that dominates living souls. In this stands's case, it has switched the souls of bodies near each other.”
The wording of the sentence becomes weird, because it follows up with explaining chariot requiem dominates souls, to specifying “in this stand’s case”
I’m not an English teacher or anything, so I apologize for not being able to more comprehensively explain this, but just the way that is structured, does it not at least invite the possibility that “requiem” refers not to the stand, but to requiem (arrow thingamabob) in general? At the very least, can you confirm that you understand what I’m trying to say with this, since it’d be a bit harder to go into the more specific inner workings of sentence structure and whatnot.

And even then, If the stand isn’t actually called chariot requiem by anybody, wouldn’t that just mean that golden experience requiem being stated to have control of it, possibly even still mean “GER has the abilities of chariot requiem”
Just throwing this out there

Adding "Chariot" to every word doesn't make you right.
The wording of the sentence is weird because it's a fantranslaton of japanese text, ignoring that, you realize it's stating an objective fact right? It isn't saying "this is how this Stand uses requiem", but rather "This is what the Stand DID", we already know for a fact SCR can do way the **** more and the soul swap wasn't even a fraction of its ability, as revealed like, the next chapter after that.
And even then, If the stand isn’t actually called chariot requiem by anybody, wouldn’t that just mean that golden experience requiem being stated to have control of it, possibly even still mean “GER has the abilities of chariot requiem”
Just throwing this out there
No, what in the actual **** Ziller. We're told what GER's ability is, time and time again. It has the abilities of GE but enhanced, and RTZ, that's it. That's its ability.
Stop adding "chariot" to shit as if that's a viable interpretation. If it was talking about the Stand it would be bracketed.

The worst part is they don't even say that, Trish says that's Giorno's Requiem. Not Pol's.

And then GER, the Stand itself goes out of its way to explain what its Requiem is. "This is Requiem" "This is G.E.R".

Gio's Requiem, and Pol's Requiem, are not the same.
Which is to say you're grasping.

Wish Drw would give me something better to work with here 🗿
Post an actual statement saying he has these powers or show him doing it, in any media and I will take that as evidence enough. Just one thing, all ya need 🗿

Post an actual statement saying he has these powers or show him doing it, in any media and I will take that as evidence enough. Just one thing, all ya need 🗿
Doesn’t have to be canon? Alright I have a good one actually, I’ll give it to you in a few once I get back home

IMG_1468.jpg

Alright it’s not canon but it gets the job done

Is it bad I expected you to go home and draw a picture or something as the "evidence"?
I expected MS Paint, not hand drawn so I'll give you that at least.

I like that shade of blue/green though btw.

Is it bad I expected you to go home and draw a picture or something as the "evidence"?
I expected MS Paint, not hand drawn so I'll give you that at least.
oh hell no he has analytical prediction too
damn
I'll just take the L...I swear I'm never gonna outmatch chariot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back