• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the legitimacy of High 6-A Devil May Cry

Explain to me how those cloud change from being moved via KE at Sub-relativistic speed to completely stop in their place 1 second later. This doesn't make any sense

@rebuble and matt - Claiming they are "way way/far far" stronger than Griffon to justify a MISINTERPRETED feat, and a AP scaling to billions above the next highest feat in verse is incredibly strange.

And rebuble, you can't make a time-frame assumption to try and state "clouds reformed in x hours" when that's not supported either.

CinCameron, using caps lock and bolds wo'nt make you right.

The gap in numbers is absolutely meaningless. We have verses which go from Tier 9 to High 1-B.

CinCameron20 said:
@rebuble and matt - Claiming they are "way way/far far" stronger than Griffon to justify a MISINTERPRETED feat, and a AP scaling to billions above the next highest feat in verse is incredibly strange.
And rebuble, you can't make a time-frame assumption to try and state "clouds reformed in x hours" when that's not supported either.
1) You misnterpret the feat, not us. The clouds are blatantly blown away by the portal.

2) I did not make any assumptions, I just stated that it's possible that the clouds reformed themselves, since the timeframe is vague. You are the one making the "1 minute" assumption here.

@Matt - Resorting to straw-mans to try and debunk my points (despite there being more than one feat supporting Beerus universe rating and an abundance of statements... not one outlier feat that's also misinterpreted and wrong, tyvm)... Wow.

RebubleUselet said:
1) You misnterpret the feat, not us. The clouds are blatantly blown away by the portal.
Explain to me how those cloud change from being moved via KE at Sub-relativistic speed to completely stop in their place 1 second later.

Sins32 said:
Explain to me how those cloud change from being moved via KE at Sub-relativistic speed to completely stop in their place 1 second later.
Fiction doesn't care about such details, here.

CinCameron20 said:
@Matt - Resorting to straw-mans to try and debunk my points (despite there being more than one feat supporting Beerus universe rating and an abundance of statements... not one outlier feat that's also misinterpreted and wrong, tyvm)... Wow.
What strawman? It is literally the same argument.

>God Tier makes a feat astronomically higher than others

>Fodder feats are astronomically lower

>Because of this the God Tier feat is an outlier

... That's not how it works.

RebubleUselet said:
Fiction doesn't care about such details, here.
Nice answer, literally doesn't answer anything. It make much more sense if the cloud just vanished, especially when nothing suggest that the cloud being blow away.

@Rebuble - Incorrect on both accounts.

1) They vanish. No sign of movement. And if they did move, show me otherwise. They fade away on-screen, and don't move.

2) 1 minute of SCREEN-TIME, as I pointed out. I then went onto say that the time-frame couldn't be big considering Morrison and Patty were going up the building while Trish and Lady were fighting, meaning even an hour assumption is unlikely.

Whatever the case, a statement of "the night would have been 1 hour" using my assumption does not justify your claim that the clouds reformed when they were exactly the same as before, and that over 4 hours must have passed between the time it took for Trish and Lady to attack Abigail.

Sins32 said:
It make much more sense if the cloud just vanished, especially when nothing suggest that the cloud being blow away.
Just the opposite, actually.

And yes, "lol fiction" can be a fair point.

@Matt - Again, in the case of Beerus (Totally irrelevant topic here, and just pulled to make an invalid point), there's more than one feat and many statements supporting him. Not to mention, again, i'm referring to this feat being done by a portal opening, but again, there's no indication the clouds even moved. They vanished. Didn't disperse. Didn't move. Didn't do anything other then disappear.

Then we see clouds in the same spots again when we next see the sky. Why are you making a massive argument about dispersion when that's clearly not the case?

CinCameron20 said:
1) They vanish. No sign of movement. And if they did move, show me otherwise. They fade away on-screen, and don't move.

2) 1 minute of SCREEN-TIME, as I pointed out. I then went onto say that the time-frame couldn't be big considering Morrison and Patty were going up the building while Trish and Lady were fighting, meaning even an hour assumption is unlikely.
1) And why do you think they vanish?

2) Yes, screen-time. Not actual time. Also, you can't really judge the timeframe between Patty and Morrison going up the building & Trish and Lady fighting.

Beerus was upgraded to 3-A even when there was only one feat, Cin!

And they did move, they dissipated after being pushed. Do you expect an anime from 2006 or so to realistically detail the clouds moving with such an extent? Of course not. The cloud-split happened and they dissipated.

RebubleUselet said:
Sins32 said:
It make much more sense if the cloud just vanished, especially when nothing suggest that the cloud being blow away.
Just the opposite, actually.
And yes, "lol fiction" can be a fair point.
See? You answer with literally nothing but believe your answer to be correct. Ignoring other possibility and explanation who can perfectly explain the cloud behavior.

Sins32 said:
See? You answer with literally nothing but believe your answer to be correct.
Excuse me? I've presented plenty of points on my part. And Matt is right, you shouldn't expect a low-budget anime from 2007 to go into details about such things.

@Ant - What makes sense? So far neither of them have brought points to counter mine, and have merely been stating again and again "x characters are stronger than y characters, therefore the billions in AP power is justified" and "the clouds moved and dispersed" when the source clearly suggests they just vanished from view, and the clouds that could still be seen are unaffected. And the sky in the same episode shows clouds sprinkled in the same exact locations in the sky.

The High 6-A calculation is based off of the clouds moving, when they did not move. Nothing on the screen shows them moving. They disappeared, nothing more nothing less.

The only thing I'm seeing is "low budget anime, made in 2006/7 wont show proper animations, therefore you shouldn't disregard it" doesn't debunk either of the two points I made regarding it.

1) Clouds not shown moving, they disappear.

2) Clouds are shown in the sky moments later in the same locations.

RebubleUselet said:
Excuse me? I've presented plenty of points on my part. And Matt is right, you shouldn't expect a low-budget anime from 2007 to go into details about such things.
What point? I ask you to explain those cloud behavior, you answer me with Lol fictio when there are other way to explain those cloud behavior.

Lol fictio works if there are no other option to explain something.

Cin is right. There is clearly no movement whatsoever and any other interpretation is a deliberate misinterpretation of what is actually happening suit their narrative.

1) What obvious reasons? Enlighten me instead of dodging the argument at hand. This is important for the verse.

2) Assuming?! The NEXT, VERY NEXT time we see the sky, the clouds are in the same spot. And even if an hour had passed, it's not enough time for clouds to form around miles in the sky, especially at night time. Even during the day. I said 1 minute screen-time, and said it must've taken up to minutes the next time we see Lady and Trish. You're the one assuming (wrongly) that I said a 1 minute time-frame when I clearly pointed out I was speaking screen time, and said "it shouldn't have taken more than an hour" for my original statement regarding the matter.

Sins, enough with this non-argument.

The clouds dissipate. How hard is that to understand?

The clouds disappear with no indication of movement.

CinCameron20 said:
1) What obvious reasons? Enlighten me instead of dodging the argument at hand. This is important for the verse.
2) Assuming?! The NEXT, VERY NEXT time we see the sky, the clouds are in the same spot. And even if an hour had passed, it's not enough time for clouds to form around miles in the sky, especially at night time. Even during the day. I said 1 minute screen-time, and said it must've taken up to minutes the next time we see Lady and Trish. You're the one assuming (wrongly) that I said a 1 minute time-frame when I clearly pointed out I was speaking screen time, and said "it shouldn't have taken more than an hour" for my original statement regarding the matter.
1) The clouds being dissipated, duh.

2) Yes, you said "moments later", which is arbitrary. It is also possible that these clouds moved in instead of forming.

1) They disappeared. Again, show me them moving and dispersing.

2) rolled in... from hundreds of miles away when cirrus clouds move no more than 100mph at top speed. What happened to them being pushed away from the portal, then? Now you're making assumptions.

RebubleUselet said:
Which is the case here, bro.
There are. They just vanish, and those cloud are vanish is make much more sense because it can explain why those cloud have an area of effect on when they are vanish, It a portal to another world, it will have certain range on how far it can affect the climate around it.

CinCameron, calm down. I already asked you to stop using caps lock as an argument. You won't convince people by screaming at them.

@Assalt - They did not move, though. they vanish in-place. Yet they are suddenly where they used to be in the sky again by the next time we see it.

@Matt - I am calm. I'm using caps to put emphasis on words, not to yell. It's not like I'm making whole sentences caps-lock.

Back