• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about the canonicity of the Kingdom Hearts novels?

Since I saw the manga has its own page (which I assume is because of the changes to the story the more comedic manga does), which means it isn't considered as canon, I've been wondering if we count the Kingdom Hearts novels as canon or if we count them as another continuity like the manga.

The novels are treated as a secondary canon, from what I remember. Nomura oversees its production and approves of them. One of the main novel writers, Tomoko Kanemaki, was regarded by Nomura as knowledgeable enough on the canon to even develop 358/2 Days with him. The novels more strictly follow what's established in the overall series as well, unlike the Manga. Some of the elements of the novels are even incorporated into later games too. It's a combination of these things, basically.

Back