• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So what's up with the Kingdom Hearts tiers?

So I don't follow these things super closely, but from what I understand the cosmology in Kingdom Hearts got downgraded to 2-B ages ago, and yet some characters are 2-A still. I looked at the scaling chains and everything, and they just make no sense to me. If Drive Form Sora scales to the Lingering Will, shouldn't they both be the same tier? And if it isn't scaling to the Lingering Will that gives the 2-A rating, is it the Drive Orbs? Because that seems to have several problems, mainly that it's upscaling into a tier you can't upscale into.
The same problem exists if we try to use Young Xehanort being superior to the BBS trio to justify the tier increase, which brings me back to the accepted cosmology just not being big enough...

Is there something on the technical end preventing certain characters from getting the downgrades they need? Because even the characters from KH3 that should scale to Sora are still being listed as 2-B... And it's been this way for a while too...

The Kingdom Hearts characters were never downgraded, they were upgraded. Initially they were High 6-A, then they got upgraded to Low 2-C and at the end they were 2-B and 2-A.
It was agreed in this CRT, and there is a blog that explains the cosmology.

I am aware of both of those, however there was a brief window where most of the relevant characters were 2-A. Then they got downgraded to 2-B, except for the few I have tagged. It just seems weird tp me how these few have managed to stay 2-A for so long despite all the obvious problems with the scaling...

I was on a break during that time, so I am not the best one to tell you, but it's a bit strange. Was there a CRT to downgrade them or they just went down to 2-B?
In any case, Bobsican is probably the one that could answer your question considering he made the original revision to upgrade them.

Several characters currently have 2-B as a placeholder tier as I still am working on the pages to just eventually update everything at once.
Please be patient, several characters should indeed be 2-A currently, but as I'm working on the editing, please don't try to update them either, especially without warning.

Back