• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Verse/Profile Creation Thread!

I'm a little confused about what you're asking, cause the link is just the main page for the IOS/Android Game.

Right now we're pulling all our information from PADZ first, since that game has the most feats and statements and set a standard for scaling the rest of the verse. Once I get into pulling information from PAD itself, I do plan on updating evolution lines with missing information.

I hope that answers your question?

Speaking of the main PAD game, Deus ex Machina finally has a profile, which finally links PADZ to the main PAD

...So go nuts, every character in PAD should be good to go for profiles now, and we have enough refrences to properly rate them all. I'll do my best to update all the current profiles with information missing from the main PAD game.

I've some experience with the original PAD game so if you want help with profiles you can maybe contact me, though I'm busy with two other verses on this site right now.

ID: 318600401

I'm fairly inactive on PAD and I've had multiple accounts. This current one is Rank 385 and 3 years old.

It's always nice to have more people who know about the verse, so even if you're busy it's super appreciated! I'm not quite done with PADZ, but we're slowly moving into the original PAD so you help could be used from time to time. I've knocked out the slimes, so there's at least that.

I was inactive too, honestly. It wasn't until I started working on this project that I got back into playing. I'll be sure to check your account out!

Really nice that PAD is well established now. I tested this game years ago, and it was pretty fun for a while. Until my tablet with PAD on it broke, and it was lost.

However, now I'm pushed even harder to try to bring Dragalia Lost onto the site as well.

It's probably one of the things on the wiki I'm most proud of doing. I was dispointed to see no one had cared up until now, and now we have reasonable ratings for most of the monster ranks...There's still a ton of work to do, PAD's roster is ridiculous, but baby steps, baby steps.

Glad you at least enjoyed it while it lasted, always a shame that backing up can be a pain though, had the same thing happen to my first account. Pretty sure some of the collaborations and guest characters I have are now 'retired', we haven't seen the DC characters in a while...

I honestly wish you luck! I tried downloading Dragalia Lost to see if I could play it enough to help, but I haven't gotten far at all unfortunately.

Some updates to talk about, I've been hard at work updating profiles with abilities and information from Mobile PAD. First thing's first: Everyone EXCEPT the Mystic Knights are updated with all the information I could scrape up. Mystic Knights are going to need a lot of extra work with how PADZ gave them new branch evolutions and how PAD focused only on one line and broke some of the branches up, and reintroduced 'Z' versions of some evolutions. TLDR, Mystic Knights are a mess that will need their own dedicated cleanup when I get the time

Second, asking for some help here. I searched dungeons for all the abilities that certain monsters will use, but most wikis don't detail the information for a monster appearing in a dungeon unless they're droppable...which means event/gache-only monsters that appear in bosses go unrecorded. Which means we're missing an easy way to search for monsters like Odin, Vritra, Hades whenever they show up in a dungeon with new unique abilities. If you ever notice these monsters, make a mental note, that information will be important for their profiles...I wish people documented that stuff, oh well.

And finally, something funny:
PAD and MS
What are the odds the moment I get done with this round of updating PAD...And Monster Strike appears in the Activity Bar right after. XD

Forgot to add:

The Awoken Zeuses have 'Black Hole' and 'Super Nova' attacks. Clearly we're lowballing PAD, High 4-C for the god tiers now

Also Zeus' most powerful form is World's Omnipotent God, Zeus Verse, so clearly that's proof of true omnipotence.

I can't stress enough that this is a joke

I'm going to start working on profiles now, apologies for delay... currently working on profiles for Dragonbound & Dragon Caller Series characters and ex-Exclusive God Series characters. Starting with Zuoh for ex-Exclusive Gods and Ideal for Dragonbounds & Dragon Callers

It's all cool, take all the time you need. We're in no rush here, there's literially thousands of characters so...We'll take them as they come.

Nice picks though, definately glad to see some Dragonbounds and Dragon Callers to the roster with how importaint they are.

XitSign said:
Forgot to add:
The Awoken Zeuses have 'Black Hole' and 'Super Nova' attacks. Clearly we're lowballing PAD, High 4-C for the god tiers now
Hold on, black holes normally need a calc, but if there are no pictures at all, it may not even meet the criteria for a valid black hole.

The Super Nova move needs more information to be valid, as the sheer name alone obviously isn't enought to justify High 4-C.

Sorry! Looking back, I see how that wasn't written well, I thought both of them sounded jokey

But yes, I was aware we couldn't get away with a Black Hole and Supernova feat that are just the names of the attacks. Honestly, unless we're allowed to use card art, find more website stories, or dig into the manga/anime I think we might be a bit tapped for feats in general.

Its all about pushing out series' roster into profiles now with the ratings we have.

Are you sure? Not to keep bringin up Monster Strike, but I've been keeping tabs on them because they're a very similar series to PAD, and they've been repeatedly scolded for using card art for feats.

I believe the summary of the argument was that there was no sense of scale, and that the stars and planets in question for some of these characters could be much smaller than the art is implying without further proof? Do not quote me though, I might be misinterpreting what the problem was.

Then just put the pictures and put them up to a calc.

After that they can be evaluated as needed, as if that's the problem, just adding a low-ed should fix it.

But yeah, first show some scans for further input.

What I mean is the art is shown, and was still rejected on those points, which is why I'm concerned that PAD will probably see the same pushback unless we can do better than just card art.

Though, in complete honesty, so far the only art of interest is Azathoth, so it's not like we have a lot of material to work with for the moment anyways.

Fair enought.

Keep other noteworty pictures (Even if card art ones) in the back for later however, they may be useful when they are needed to set a proper tier to something.

I definately will, just in case, but I have some doubts they'll be super useful. Diving into things like the anime might stir up something better.

Or not, who knows? There's all sorts of content we still need to disect...but I think we're in a pretty good postion for now. A lot of star rankings have clear ratings so plent of notable characters can be filled out in the meantime.

Speaking of...it's only a matter of time, we're gonna have to talk about PAD's many, MANY, MANY, guest characters eventually.

I can tell, but those (the Guests) likely will be the hardest ones (Except maybe Mario ones), especially considering we need someone that understands japanese for most of them (We all know P&D Z had a sequel, but only in Japan, for instance).

If I'm honest, I THINK the Mario guest characters are completely out. In context, PAD was invading Mario in that instance, not the other way around. If I'm right, I think that situation means they won't meet the requirements outlined in the Crossover page for alternate profiles.

The characters that appear in PAD itself might be easier to argue for though, since in that case the characters are comming into Puzzle & Dragons where they're capable of interacting with the full roster of character (Having their own dungeons, being recruitable, being taken out of their events into the mainline dungeons, all that jazz). Plus some collabs have unique collaboration monsters like how Hello Kitty's even had unique Hello Kitty slime monsters, which are even easier to argue for based on the Crossover page.

...Hello Kitty Slimes aren't exactly the more INTERESTING possibility, but I hope I'm making my point clear?

It can actually be taken as canon to Mario (thank dubious continuity), similarly to the Rabbids crossover, otherwise a separate profile can be made.

Yeah, every crossover character meets the criteria for a separate profile, overall.

Verse page updated. Follow the same format when making profiles. Get images from http://puzzledragonx.com/. You don't have to name the file "[Name]0" but use the distinct final evolution icon. Try to organize by attribute, and alphabetical order within each attribute, I'll fix the DC/DB profile icons later.

Thanks you so much for making additions, I'll just check them a-Oh my god.

You, uh...You've been hard at work there. Color me surprised. Thank you SO much for making the verse page look so much nicer.

Only thing I wanted to point out, why does Zuoh resist Light-based elements? He's a Dark Type, he should be weak to them. Does he have a Light Resistance when you fight him that I don't know about?

Okay, just checking to make sure I hadn't messed something up. Some characters do have elemental resistance abilities is all, so you never know.

Everyone's thoughts on alternate versions of the PAD characters, since that's likely another thing that will need clearing up:

1. Elemental Alternates. Things like the various types of Hera (Hera-Ur) or the alternate Valkyries like 'Burning Maiden' Valkyrie. Are they differant from the 'main' versions? Or alternate forms that should go on the main Profiles. I lean the former, since they have their own evolution lines and (for the sake of cleanliness) would be easier to manage spliting them up

2. Varients based on events/holidays, like Santa Claus Hera or Pumpkin Drawn Joker. I have no idea where to put them, if they should deserve their own profile or be alternate keys for the main profile for that monster

3. The 'Machine' versions of characters. I think these are pretty cut and dry robotic duplicates of other characters, and as such are their own entity. So that one seems like an easy decision in my mind.

I want everyone's thoughts on where to put these though, since PAD loves reworking characters from time to time.

1: They could be in a single profile, but it would easily turn into a mess, so just separate profiles would be better.

2: Also a separate profile unless they don't have at least the same powers as the "base" form.

3: Yeah, separate profiles seems better.

1. Seems reasonable and a lot cleaner

2. Most Event versions have alternate powers, and sometimes even typings and elements

3. That one seemd pretty cut and dry, yes, just glad to get confirmation

It can be done then, given time. Though naming the profiles might be a bit tricky.

For example: Alraune's Halloween alternate is called 'Spirit of the Masquerade, Alraune', and I don't know how much people are going to like us having names that long for a profile. 'Alraune (Spirit of the Masquerade)' isn't much better either...

Back