• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Verse/Profile Creation Thread!

Oh...I feel even sillier on that one then. I thought they were asking us to make them small for now...Should've just made it one big one and got it over with. Yikes.

Been a while since anything was posted here, I feel some major updates deserve being shared, plus some announcements to hopefully get people talking again:

1. We got approved for both major CRTS. This actually happened a while ago at this point, I'm just a very busy guy with multiple projects going on, but slowly cracking on applying the updates. We got both the Powers CRT and the AP and Speed CRT cleared.

Right now, major chunk of the verse is just a bunch of upscaling off the Tier 4 feats and faster and faster MFTL+ upscaling. Hopefully we can get more feats with these new character plotlines so not everything is just upscaling but...What can you do, right?

I'll hopefully get more of the pages up to date, it's just taking a lot of effort of my limited time. The Slimes are all up to date though, if you guys wanna check out what profiles are generally looking like now!

2. The part I hope will get people talking...
main_pc.png

...You think someone should tell them DC is already in the game?

Yeah, honestly, same. Especially with there being multiple DC crossovers I didn't think they'd be willing to do it.

Check out the official PAD website for more information, the lineup seems shockingly pretty diverse. I'm curious to see where this goes.

I wonder if this is because of the Disney collab, I guess it must've gone well enough for them to keep working with Gungho.

Kinda silly for me to advertise myself here, but someone revived my Dragalia Lost discussion thread, and we have gotten to the point in the thread where we have enough fears to start conceptualizing profiles. In fact, I already have a test profile created here.

Suffice to say, exciting stuff is happening on our adjacent mobile gacha game thread.

Whooo, that's always good news to see. Glad to hear things are taking off over on your side of things

Interesting development that might need our attention ASAP: pad_sexy (PAD's Offical Twitter) announced that the Street Fighter collaboration was getting an update and rerun, and in it the translated message claims that this will be held 'on the main story'.

That could be a mistranslation, but PADZ also had collaboration dungeons available in the main game, and that was a full retail release. This might lead to some more lore to further explain the cosmology, and better explain how the collaborations fit into the canon of PAD since it's already a little...wonky sometimes.

Working on some profiles, little by little, typical stuff.

While doing so I've come to the realization that, in theory, ALL of the equips in the game probably count as Optional Equipment. The only restriction any character in this game has on getting their hands on any of the equipables is player choice, to my knowledge there's no other reason a character can't use any of the many, many, many, way too many weapons, charms, jewelry, ect.

Definitely not Standard, a good number of characters very obviously don't bring ANY equipment with them, but I see no reason why it's not Optional.

...Considering the sheer number of gear pieces, that might deserve a CRT of its own with how many abilities that would include. I wouldn't be shocked if tallying it all up, the optionals include every ability in the franchise.

Obviously it needs organized, can't just slap it on every profile. An 'Optional' Tabber is probably the best idea for breaking up the information. Plus the Wiki's goal is to be as factual and as complete as possible, it's reasonable for these characters to get this gear, so it should be documented.

It's probably not that bad, I'll just check the Ilima database and oh my god there's over 500 pieces of equipment are you kidding me?

Well, several of them are most likely just the same but slightly better, so they could be organized into "families" by effect and the like.

Probably, it's just the review process I'm dreading...Gotta check each one to make sure nothing of note is being missed after all.

It just never ends with this dumpster fire of a franchise, does it?

The most recent PAD plotline dropped (and I finally played it, I was NOT on the ball this time). But lets go over some important stuff that's happened since I last posted...anything.

Minor Important Notes:

1. They go to PAD Academy. That's cute. We already knew that the 'seasonal events' are canon thanks to the online stories but it was nice to have that fact referenced in-game, and given a bit of an explanation.
2. Phoenix outright explains that traveling 'worlds' really does mean that the characters are jumping 'universes and dimensions' which gives a wider idea of what the cosmology is like. We've got a multiverse 100% for sure now (and travel through the multiverse is not a big deal in the slightest, everyone seems to be doing it willy nilly), but its size is entirely unclear. At least 2-C, but we'll need a lot more information for 2-B or 2-A cosmology. (No one except MAYBE Terra Dragon scales to the cosmology for now so...doesn't matter.)

Major Important Notes:

1. Last plotline this happened once, but this plotline keeps doubling down on their phrasing. Many characters keep referring to this universe hopping as 'going to other worlds' and seem to keep interchanging the words 'universe', 'dimension' and 'world' without caring about being specific. That means that there's building evidence that when the term 'world' is used, they're not talking about one of the planets, but one of the entire parallel universes.
2. An obnoxious number of characters are claimed to be able to 'destroy worlds', and Vitria's most notable record in the dex is that it totally annihilated its own home 'world' just for its own entertainment. If the loose way these characters explain universes is true, the scale of damage these characters can cause might be a lot higher than where we're currently scaling them...But specifics aren't clear enough for a CRT in my mind. I wouldn't know where to start about what they mean with these statements, but it's something for us to keep in mind for future plots if it keeps coming up. World =/= Planet in all contexts.

3. This is slightly unrelated to those last two points, but for the revival of the Street Fighter and Samurai Showdown's crossovers they added limited-time special dungeons that are basically mini-story modes, (Set teams, a plot you're following that mainly is a big old character callback, and a chapter system) but they'll eventually expire unlike the main story mode. They're charming as all heck, a lot of love and attention to detail went into them, and since they're 'story' dungeons (the twitter even called them as such if you remember my excitement before) that might make the PAD versions of Ryu, Nakoruru, and other Street Fighter and Samurai Showdown characters viable for profiles for being 'plot relevant' ontop of the new abilities and scaling it gives them. Especially since PADZ and PADX have already established that the crossovers are just more 'worlds' and traveling to them isn't hard in the lore.

And c'mon...who DOESN'T want Large Star, MFTL+ combat speed, interstellar range Dan Hibiki? I know I want that.

I think the Death Battle Discussion thread just had a mini-heart attack that the Mikasa profile may one day be on the site and not just a blog.

So the newest batch of original characters is out, and their titles/translations are a bit weird. I'd love to get someone to do more official translations than google translate because it's possible that it's general Tier 4 supporting evidence which would be nice.

The new monsters are called: "Star-Twined Fairies", "Star Weaving Fairies", "Spirit of Spinning Stars", and "Spirit of the Stars"

Their announcement page is all space/star themed

And they have unique dialogue when they encounter the "Mechanical Star God" series of characters for...honestly no really good explained reason. But that's even more references to stars. Plus in the recent multi-parter, the time of day was dramatically changed when the gang encountered the Mechanical Star Gods Pollux and Castor, so they likely have something of a 'planet rotation' or 'sun moving' feat for support since it's heavily implied they did it to make the battle dramatic.

So yeah, lots and lots of spacey and star stuff going on lately...The BIGGEST shame is that PAD has been a little too light on the flavor text. They're only implying these things, I would love more unique dialogues we could trigger, mini-story dungeons, or even a new chapter to story mode to better flesh out what's going on lately.

These characters know each other, and they have some sort of connection with the stars, but it's all vague references and flowery titles. I'd love more concrete stuff to happen more often.

Well, even vague stuff has been accepted for upgrades, so if it doesn't sound too much like flowery language but rather uncertainity at most it may be usable.

It's probably is worth mentioning as supporting ecidence for the specific characters pages, but won't make for a good justification on its own. Idia should likely remain the main reference for the Tier 4 stuff for now.

It's a shame that we just have nothing to calc or get new numbers from is all, despite how often the stars are used and referenced

I know 'changing the time if day' feats can be calced, but the feats are so vauge with Ra, Pollux, and Castor that it's hard to tell if the planet or sun was moved, so they're unfortunately probably uncalcable

Which sucks, they were the only feats that were worth even attempting to calc. So we're at where we're at...

I know, which is why using it as the main justification probably won't fly.

If they moved the planet, the feat's pretty low compared to the other star stuff, if it was the Sun it'd be more interesting.

Ra, Pollux, and Castor are all star-related gods, but that's probably not enough to prove it was one way or the other...so for now we should just mention it happened, but scale to Idia for the main statistic

Well, the context in terms of scaling and all could turn it into a backup feat, but it shouldn't be used as a main justification, yes.

Which is nice to have, I just wish we could quantify it.

Hardly the end of the world, just unfortunate. Especially when the lore seems to keep teasing a solid explanation

I genuinely feel they've noticed that PAD's getting documentated and they do this on purpose to mess with me

21091404215848.jpeg

...It is heartbreaking that this crossover probably isn't viable for profiles on the Wiki...Cause a Large Star C3P0 would be delightful.

New PAD game comming to the Switch, Puzzle & Dragons: Nintendo Switch Edition

...riveting name choice.

It'll already be out this Saturday, and cost about 5 bucks. Considering how much I wasted on GOLD, that seems like a fair price.

I'm skeptical of getting any new scaling or lore of note, but new abilities seem fairly likely.

Last edited:
Also reviewing the traiker footage, they show the REMdra flying.

...yes. an ability addition for the Gache Machine

Back