• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Verse/Profile Creation Thread!

You could also just say Something such as "Halloween version." Unless a character has multiple forms from the same type of event.

I think, thanfkully, Gungho has never reused the same monster for the same event. So that much won't be too confusing. But the question is how much they should be seperated. If they're unique enough to be their own profiles or extra keys on a main profile.

I was super on the fence on how to handle these, since holidays a lot of monster and characters tent to get pretty big changes after all.

I hope you already know how to create tabbers, for example, the ones at the top of any Santa Claus' profile

I've never used them personally, but there's more than enough refrences for adding them to profiles when we get around to it, I'm sure it will be fine.

A minor update that will probably affect all characters with bind related effects.

The animation of binds include both a clock, implying time, and electricity, implying some sort of stereotypical paralysis.

Along with that, binds can be caused by 'Lullaby' abilities that reference sleep and abilities that directly reference time like Hera's 'Time Seal', along with a variety of other abilities that we still need to document.

So there's a variety of thing that can cause binds, so character with resistances to binds should probably resist all possible causes within-universe (For now, Paralysis, Sleep, and Time sound fair since those are the most common causes I've been able to find so far) and what causes the bind should be more clearly outlined for characters who can cause them. If it's general or vague, a 'Likely' or 'Possibly' might be warranted to let other users know what's possible for the verse.

Keep things like this updates as you see them, so we can keep new profiles accurate and update older ones as soon as we can.

Minor addition we should probably make to all profiles as a verse-standard ability. Non Physical Interaction.

We have a number of ghost characters in the game. Ghostring, Mummiron the Ghost Dragon, Spirit, the Lit monsters are all refered to as 'Spirits'

We also have monsters that have non-physical bodies, like the Will-O'-Wisp who is simply a fire construct.

However, PAD is one of those verses where you can just hit ghosts like they're any other enemy. That gets nearly every JRPG on this site NPI, so I think PAD getting it is pretty non-controversial.

Puzzle and Dragons GOLD released a few days ago. Flew under the radar for me, I hadn't even heard about it today.

It's a new Switch game, I'm curious if there's anything interesting here to work with, hoping to get my hands on a copy soon. Probably new monsters/characters, possibly new feats.

So, a lot of other new updates going on with PAD.

They're starting to do new character spesific story mods, the first, one based on Sonia when she first became a Dragon Caller, doesn't seem amazingly useful, but something to keep an eye on in the future.

...Also Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover, didn't see that coming.

Huh, I hope there's some YouTube channel that focuses on this series, it'll become a reliable source for scans on profiles.

It's a bit of a grey area still, but so far it seems like PAD's crossovers meet the requirements for crossover profiles. (Besides, we have Punt and Dragonoid now, so our feet are already a little wet in that pool)

I'd say go for it for now, and if it's a problem we can ask the staff to remove profiles they don't want.

EDIT: And Yujiro Hanma apparently too...Not sure how I missed his addition to the verse.

For the most part, yes, unless there's some sort of exception in one of the character's descriptions or one of the PAD stories, the Star rating system seems pretty consistant when it comes to feats and scaling.

We don't have feats for 6 and above yet, but they should all be stronger than 5, which has Vritra's world annihilation statment (and a few other statements in PAD stories to back it up)

Not really sure how to feel about this tbh. It meets some of our criteria but then again it fails others. You should ask more staff for input here, considering how important of a thread this is.

We seemed to get general approval over the last two disccusion threads, and I've even had talks with Ant about adding more sourcing for the feats we use at his request.

Things have seemed fine, where do you think the verse fails?

Gonna have to find where it was talked about, but I think it was because of the use of 'annihilation' in the description, since it's one of the more powerful destruction terms. There was also Zuoh having a scan for destroying worlds as well, but that one was much more vague and was never added to this main discussion post.

That's just a term used for destruction, it doesn't necessarily equate into a higher degree of destruction. At best this feat would be considered as fragmentation or violent fragmentation which I'll post a calc of here. ( Credit going to TataHakai. )

Vol = 1.08321e+27cc

1.08321e+27 x 8 = 8.66568e+27 joules or 2 Exatons of TNT which is High 6-A.

Violent Fragmentation gives us a yield of 17 Exatons or so, which is High 6-A+.

I recall the discussion being that since annihilation was: "complete destruction or obliteration." that overcoming the GBE and using baseline for 5-B was fine.

Again, this has been a while now, still searching for where we made changes.

Obliterating can mean V fragmentation. I see absolutely no reason to assume it'd bypass the GBE of the planet, it doesn't matter if they were wrong. Your using a bunch of assumptions, which is heavily inflating the feat in question.

I can only really tell you what was agreed on some time ago, these calcs from Tatahakai never came up, it was just assumed baseline based on 'annihilation' and we moved on pretty quickly.

With a few more people looking this over again, we can just simply downgrade the top tiers then based on those numbers, or whatever everyone agrees on.

I know this is somewhat sidetracking the conversation about PAD's higher tiers, and I know there's already a huge to-do list when it comes to PAD, but this is important:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3989815

PAD's notorious for the problem being talked about here, a lot of characters and monsters have so many form changes it gets kinda ridiculous (Hera's already got a new one in Japan...yaaaaaay...), which means PAD profiles will have a lot of these mobile issues.

The new standard seems to still be debated and worked on, but when we have a clearer idea of what profiles need to look like moving forward I'm going to request help getting all the profile headers done as fast as we can to avoid being a problem.

And slightly related, we need more clean PNGs in general, a number of character art needs ripped to help the profiles look better, please be sure to share any resources you use. I'll be sure to list the Imgur gallery I've been making use of (it's not complete but it's better than nothing)

I'm aware, but some art's already been done, it saves time to let people know about galleries that are already rendered. Or, even better, when the original artist has made their work available too.

So this Thread came up:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4053643

And while this is REALLY funny, we shouldn't have keys for the equipable items in the game. At best they could be called weapons and be deserving of their own item pages, but they shouldn't have keys like they are their own characters.

They belong best as Standard Equipment, and only if the item is directly associated with that character ("Puzzle & Dragons Christmas Tree" for example isn't anyone's main equipable, it's generic)

We should remove that key from Yujiro Hanma (Puzzle and Dragons) and from now on add these items into a character's standard equipment. A minor explanation of what the gear's own abilities are, maybe a link back to the main wiki too.

Just a minor thing to be wary of with new profiles.

Also, derailing THIS topic back to the original topic...while asking for help and more opinions on Vrita's statement about destroying a planet, I think I found where the misconceptions came from because I found one of my older posts on the topic.

I originally got excited about the possibility of 'annihilation' meaning atomization, because another verse had done the same, and the numbers for Vritra would come out to Low 4-C

Which was followed by people telling me to calm down and use 5-B instead based on it just being planet destruction. I think other people (mainly Bob) trying to calm my hype is where that rating came from.

Either way, more input was requested. So one thing off the to-do list.

Okay, 5-B could use more stuff to be backed up, as now that you mention it, the audits may calll on us as right now it's being stretched as a base for a ton of the cast out of lack of better reliable feats.

Are there some ends of planetary destruction feats? As I would like to see such a list to be able to help on if we choosed the most reasonable end here.

Our feats that involve worlds and high-tiers (so far, we still need to get through the manga, and anime, and more of the online stories) include:

Vritra Annihilating a World

Zuoh Destroying Multiple Worlds (likely over time)

Also we have listed that Zuoh and Deus-Ex-Machine were able to fight in the center of a planet. That was a supporting feat though, and I don't think that was ever discussed or calced, just listed on Zuoh's feats. That might be calc-able? I don't think we ever had anyone try quantifying that.

And Ilm having the Grimore Planet ability, but that being an attack name wasn't added to any feat lists.

There's also Zuoh, Typhon, and Gadius' fight which 'shattered dimensions' which from what I understand can't be calced at all and was used just as a 'Higher' justification.

...Also Azathoth ate an Earth-like planet and it's moon. I'm still working on that render to get a size calc though.

EDIT: And to make it clear, these characters have a variety of rankings. Vritra's base where he preformed his feat is weaker than every other character listed here.

Vritra's statement is fairly open ended, it can range from High 6-A over time to 5-B

Zuoh's is clearly in High 6-A or so, you normally don't just hear of survivors randomly floating in space (As that would be the case if the destruction was in tier 5 levels)

Fighting in the center of a planet isn't that big of an AP feat, being in the center of the sun is 8-A, to say the least.

An ability having planet in the name does nothing by itself, yes, "shattered" dimensions also goes nowhere by itself, but it's enought to qualify for an "higher" justification.

The Azzy thing really can use a calc so this is set on stone overall.

So, would changing our high tiers to High 6-A/High 6-A+ be more acceptable with the feats we have? Would everyone be in agreement over that? At least for the time being, we've got a handful of games, managa, and anime to still scan and look over...

Azzy's on the list of things to get done for calcs, as soon as he has a much cleaner render I'll try pixel scaling him and see where we get with that. Worst case, I hand it over to someone else who's better at calcing than me.

Well, yes, but not yet, we should see the Azzy calc first.

And the crossovers have been discussed already, they're fine being done and all.

Azzy's massively superior to base Vritra, Deus-Ex, and Zuoh, so regardless of how big Azzy turns out to be, they won't be able to scale off of him at all. Azzy still needs done, he's NEEDED done, but a lot of profiles won't change because of Azzy getting a calc. Though waiting to get as many changes done at once does sound like a good idea.

Crossover rules are a major grey area anyways. One of the examples they list for characters who shouldn't get wiki pages is Jason's DLC appearance in Mortal Kombat.

...Well

PAD's crossovers seem like standard one-sided crossovers, and should be pretty fine.

That's sometimes played with as well.

Dragnoid, Pixlet, and pretty much the whole Hello Kitty Collab are all unique monsters and characters coming from fusing parts of both franchises. That might not even be all of them.

And a few characters got adopted into PAD, like Formula.

So...Yeah, PAD's relationships with collabs and crossovers is a huge mixed bag, and the rules area already grey and kinda lax. I say go for it for now.

Back