• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Verse/Profile Creation Thread!

He's a 5*, which means he's probably most comparable to base Vritra, and each evolution is a step up in power.

Unfortunately, Vritra and everyone who scales off him is the focus of the revisions, so you might want to keep the profile in a blog or be ready to do updates when we get the 5* and beyond characters cleaned up.

Some profiles will change for Azzy, some will not.

For example, Fairy Tale girls are too low, they'll never scale off Azzy, so what he gets doesn't matter to him.

But Hera will, if I remember correctly, because her reincarnations get high enough to contend and be comparable with Azzy.

So some will, some won't...It might be easier to wait for Azzy's side just so we're not spamming changes? But I also don't like leaving them with their current stats if they're also going to be a problem...

That's fair. But one question, "World" is kinda vauge doesn't it sometimes refer to universes as I have heard?

I know that sometimes happens in other verses, but I don't think PAD has anything to assume it means a whole universe.

There is some dimension hopping, but a lot of the language makes it sound like they're talking about planets whenever they're destroyed or Deus Ex Machina picking a place to fight Zuoh. That might be something that gets cleared up the more we research some of the more obscure stories, but for now that's a highball.

00potato said:
That's fair. But one question, "World" is kinda vauge doesn't it sometimes refer to universes as I have heard?
Yes, but you would need further context for such things, which we lack.

If it meant universe it would be consistent with the dimension destroying statement actually. Am I on to something or am I stretching it.

You might be stretching until we get better confirmation.

I'll admit, things like Deux Ex's fight with Zuoh 'In the center of the world' could mean the center of a universe (and that does KINDA sound more reasonable, because fighting at the center of a planet seems like a weird choice for a combat robot to make)

But without something more explicit, it's a huge jump from what people normally assume. There's still a lot of material that hasn't been translated or read through yet, so many it IS true, but we haven't found information to prove that yet. Worlds meaning planets is a safer assumption for now.

It isn't really inherently less safe/accurate then planet level but if we need more translations then I am fine waiting. Though their is more to suggest Universe then Planet (Deus vs Zuoh and Dimensions being destroyed.)

I'd say that's too much of a jump in conclusions, at least for now.

There's a LOT of PAD media we've yet to use though, so who honestly knows, there's another game we don't have translated yet, a while anime and manage series, trading cards (I don't know, they might have dex statements on them?), online stories that are still being added and updated, new story modes in the mobile game.

PaD's got a lot still. I don't doubt tier changes will be nessisary the more we work on this.

6007Mickey Mouse
6014Minnie Mouse
6018Donald Duck
6022Goofy
6028Daisy Duck
...Puzzle and Dragons is like a fever dream sometimes...
Disney has invaded PAD, so enjoy this newest collab everyone.

(Also, still working on a good Azzy render for size scaling, sorry about the wait!)

Alright everyone, over the last week I've been watching the entirety of the PAD Anime for the sake of gathering up new bits of information to use, because this has been long overdue. (It's...It's not a great anime, 89 episodes and I'm not sure how much of it I enjoyed.)

I kept a note file on my PC for everything of interest, with episodes numbers for when they occur. I only remembered to get a few screenshots but I have the episodes marked down so they shouldn't be hard to get, so lets jump into everything important:

1. General bit of information, comes up in multiple episodes, but we can confirm that 'Combos' are not Game Mechanics. They are frequently used in-universe and translate to power boosts mid-battle, which means Damage Boost should probably be a verse standard ability.

2. Another general bit: Orbs/Drops, spirits, souls, ghosts, and energy are normally invisible to the naked eye, but being a monster or being in-tune with them (for example, being a Dragon Caller) makes all of these visible to you. Some sort of Enhanced Senses should probably be standard too since almost every major character has the ability to see normally invisible things.

3. Episode 65 gives us an answer for our question about characters like Sonia where there are multiple versions of her that have always been 'unique' without explanation. It's as simple as we thought it was, they're all different Sonias, they all have the same name, they all have similar appearances, but they aren't the same person. In Sonia's case, the other elemental Sonias are her siblings.

4. This anime LOVES to talk about how everything is a 'threat to the planet' or 'the planet will be destroyed', you can practically make a drinking game about this one. Since we're already having issues with planet destruction as a statement alone, I won't bring it back up unless one of the times where it's mentioned has interesting context.

5. Episode 47 - Myr makes a brief appearance to use her time powers for our main hero. As soon as she's released from her egg a pocket dimension appears that she seems to be in control of and when she returns to her egg this dimension vanishes. Her dimension is a section of floating space with (you probably guessed where this is going) countless stars in the sky in the background. This is kinda a common feat on the wiki at 4-A, and not the last time we see it in-universe either. Myr ranks at a whopping 10 Stars though (If I'm not mistaken, the current highest rating a monster/character can get), so she's extraordinarily powerful compared to a lot of the cast, this probably wouldn't scale to many characters...

6. Episode 49 - This might scale to a LOT more characters though. TLDR of the situation in this episode, our hero gets an artifact called the 'Three Moon Compass'. This artifact is used to locate the city of Stella, to meet the tribe of star people, who are guardians of the star fragments. Lotta' references to stars, right?

Well, the compass takes our heroes to a space with a starry sky again (the link here doesn't seem strong that the compass made a dimension though, so that's not important). The compass then shoots a beam of energy into the starry sky and several new stars suddenly come to life...before those stars shoot beams of energy back at the hero which guides him to Stella...Why this needed to be so complicated, I don't know, maybe star people are dramatic?

The important detail is that half of the compass was created using the Legendary Dragon Idia, and I mean that literally as in the dragon became one half of this artifact while Awoken Zeus (more casually) created the other half. So I think it's a fairly reasonable connection that we can attribute half of the compass' power to Idia.

...Coincidentally, Idia's one of the 5 Star Legendary Dragons, just like Vritra, our current problem child when it comes to scaling. I think this might be a more solid feat to scale those tiers to. I attempted a blog to count how many stars are made in that scene and come to a number for what rating it should have, came to the conclusions of High 4-C here

7. Episode 67 - Ra kinda gets huffy with our main hero in an argument, leaves the conversation dramatically, and then suddenly the sky is brightly lit in the mid-day when it was previously only dawn. I can only guess that's Ra's way of a 'take that'? Don't have a calc for what it would take to do that yet, but it's of some interest.

8. Episode 77 - The main rival gets a new transformation and in describing it he makes the claim that this type of transformation, Dragonoids 'reverting' into true dragons, allowed him to 'obtained the power of this planet' and that the star fragment he had was enough to 'restructure the world as he sees fit'. He follows that up by admitting his plan is to destroy the planet and make a new one to get a fresh start. (There's some irony in that threat, we'll get back to that).

9. Episode 84 - Dafnes, the Ancient of Dark, is revealed to have her own pocket dimension inside of her that she can trap people in. Getting a look at it we get both ground and sky, but interestingly compared to Myr's we see no stars, sun, or moon. Possibly means she isn't as powerful or the dimension she can make is smaller?

10. Episode 88 and Episode 89 - Series finale and it's a doozy of information to work with. We're introduced to the Terra Dragon, who has been mentioned through the series as the planet's creator. The Terra Dragon isn't happy about seeing the inhabitants of the planet abusing natural resources and constantly going to war, and decides to destroy the planet.

To meet with the Terra Dragon to fight/reason with it, our heroes go to a place called Ymir which, you probably guessed it, is a lot of space with starry background.

The Terra Dragon's first form is what looks like a sun/star, complete with sunspots and flares coming off of its surface. The second form is a jellyfish that's supposed to represent 'life', the third form is a massive cocoon, and its final forms are large white (forgive the lack of a better word) godly beings. However none of these forms are apparently 'true', because the Terra Dragon is described as being 'The entire space, everything you can see' . So...4-A again?

We also learn that the current planet for our heroes is the Terra Dragon's 4th attempt at making a planet with lifeforms, the previous 3 attempts being failures in its eyes that it destroyed. The moons of the these planets are what was left of the previous planets after destruction being reused for the next attempt. And Terra Dragon is only really doing this because it wants to make a world that's 'perfect'. Considering that context, these are probably casual feats.

The Terra Dragon is also called an 'All Knowing Creator'. Not sure we can take that title literally though. It asks our heroes questions as if it's genuinely confused about why they're resisting it starting over.

Now with everything that makes Terra Dragon powerful out of the way, how did our heroes stack up? ...Not well. They hit the cocoon form enough to get its attention, one character breaks one of its forcefields, and the characters survive being hit a few times by it...but it's a no contest fight. Terra Dragon utterly curb stomps everyone involved and takes little to no damage. It's only 'defeated' by our heroes pleading with it for a second chance.

Conclusion: I think the Anime has given us enough evidence for Tier 4 PAD

There's frequent 'threats to the planet' from all sorts of sources, with at least one character outright claiming they can destroy and recreate the entire planet. A 5-Star Legendary Dragon, who should be on par with Vritra AKA "World Annihilator", powered an artifact that made multiple stars in the sky. And while our characters got curb stomped by Terra Dragon, they didn't die and hit it enough to be noticed by it, so we can probably assume Terra Dragon held back and they were at least strong enough to handle such a being barely trying. Depending on the response to the Calc, I think we can more safely put our 5-Star cast in either 4-C or High 4-C, and scale characters comparable and superior to them accordingly

As for Terra Dragon and Myr, Terra Dragon has an avatar/form where they ARE a star, and they're all of the space of this starry sky we're given, which seems solidly 4-A. Myr should probably be comparable, since she's the very top of the known rating scale in-universe and has her own dimension that came and went with her. Plus Terra Dragon is one of the rare monsters that, at least currently, has NO rating, but I think this information makes it safe to assume it's comparable if not superior to Myr.

And thank god I marked down the episodes all these things happen, because it will make going back to get screenshots for proof so much easier.

So...Thoughts?

Wow, that's a big wall of text, let's see...

- Damage Boost is fine

- Enhanced Senses is fine

- Yes, "world ending" statements for now have to be taken as hyperboles, for the most part at least

- 4-A seems fine so long it doesn't scale to anyone

- Star fragments don't translate to stars in power by themselves, maybe you could give more context?

- Mmm... that Three Moon Compass stuff qualifies for High 4-C, and seems consistent as Vitra's feat is casual or so anyways, so scaling is applicable.

- Okay, the rival stuff is blatant High 6-A/5-B depending on context

- If a pocket dimension contains nothing/seems empty on the sky, all that's left to evaluate is size, which likely won't get past tier 8 anyways

- Yes, at least 4-A, but this can go up to 3-A if we take the statement to the literal extreme, so "At least 4-A, possibly 3-A" would make sense here

- Okay,for now the Terra Dragon should scale to itself as it appears to be the god tier of the series, anything else should just downscale if anything.

-Damage Boost and Enhanced Senses should be added to all the profiles when we get to updates and clean-up then. Seems non-controversial to add anyways.

-There's a LOT of statements about world ending I could list them all day, and very few seem credible. At best, the government body that monitors monster threats MIGHT be the most credible group when they say a monster, character, or event could destroy the world...but those statements are supportive at best, anyways...

-Myr has a handful of characters that are directly comparable to her, but it's extremely few, and of the extremely few three of them are OTHER versions of herself. So next to no scaling is possible with her anyways.

-I wasn't claiming that the Star Fragments were comparable to stars in power, they have no use in the series other than being a power-up for characters. I was just listing them as one of the many references to stars for the people of Stella. I thought it was important context that their society references stars so often because they're directly linked to the star creation feat. It gives more credibility that the stars that were created are real. (That and Terra Dragon can just BE a star)

-Didn't realize how small 4-C was even as a tier...Still, I'd like to get feedback on my attempt at calcing the scene before we revise the profiles and use the feat.

-Rival didn't have much other context. He's beaten before he can do it, and his claim was just him telling the hero that was his plan. He seems confident, but that's about it.

-I didn't mean for the pocket dimension to mean much calc wise, it only has ground and an empty sky. I just pointed it out because the lack of stars implies its smaller AND the character doing this is canonically weaker than Myr, which is some in-universe consistency with power. (Intended or otherwise)

-Alright, that sounds like a reasonable way to rank that statement, and Terra Dragon is in a league all its own for now anyways. So that seems fair for it to be the only character with that high of a ranking.

-Terra Dragon is definitely the highest we've SEEN proof for. Prime Dragon Eidos might be stronger, but its still never made an appearance, it's only talked about. And for now, Myr's our highest cap on 'regular' monsters and characters anyways.

You sure? I'd like to get some more feedback before revising the verse and cleaning things up, just to avoid a problem we had like with Virtra's 5-B feat.

...I completely forgot about Takaoka City existing.

Fried shrimp, Udon Bowls, and a REALLY angry fish are all possible, yup. Especially since they also became the mooks for the Bowl Dragons.

Well...Damn.

None of the calculations relevant for the high tier revisions got checked before this final announcement of the forum move, seems we're going to need to wait until this all blows over before we can get a CRT in the works.

It really is a shame, I was really hoping we can get PAD stable again before this happened so we can get right back to profile creation after the forum move, but we're gonna have to wait...

At least Blog posts will apparently be safe, so we don't need to worry too much about losing the calcs for some of the feats.

Plus the scans are backed up on Imgur too, even in the worst case senario we won't lose much.

I was just hoping this would be faster...

I can tell, this combined with the virus stuff basically is forcing me to just take a break from the site...

BTW. the link has been posted in our Discord server.

Which this virus makes it suck even more...My job's laid me off and I'm personally on lockdown, doing the revisions and getting some PAD work done was what I was kinda hoping would keep me busy...

Thank you! I saw, we'll have to refrence it when we can get back to work.

I can tell, but you can feel free to dump stuff you find in the Discord server or in a blog post for later.

I would, but only if I actually find anything.

I'm super burned out from watching the first PAD Anime, I REALLY don't want to watch another one just yet (It was just...so...baaaaaaaad).

Also, in that same vein, new IOS game story came out, Odin's adventure. It covered the events of Ragnarok in the PAD verse, but the best we got was that the Ragnarok would destroy Asgard, no clue how big Asgard is supposed to be in PAD and if it would have affected anything else so...Oh well.

I think both I and the verse are a little tapped for now. But their still rolling out new content and I still need to bust through the other anime and the mangas, and probably read through more of the online stories.

Okay then, taking a break is a good idea in that case, just organize the stuff to do it in order when you actually think you can get back to it.

Probably for the best to make a to-do list, yeah...

You'd think a lockdown would be a good time to watch it all for notes but...so help me I think that first anime took a part of my soul by the time it was over. I'm ONLY happy that it somehow had a feat for a character who is directly comparable to Vritra, our sweet, beloved, powerscaling problem child.

Plus, Myr's feat gives the REALLY high tiers something other than upscaling, so that was nice.

...Was it worth the years it took off my life? Probably not.

Wow, fitting post for the wiki backup to stop on...my pain.

Almost half a year later and PADX's anime still sucks, but otherwise good to get the ball rolling here! Where's my PAD fans at? All three of ya!

...God there's so much work to do, I dread when CRTs get started, it's going to be a madhouse...

It hurts being niche sometimes...But hopefully giving the obscure things love can let other fans know where to find us and help out (...Maybe, I might be hoping to much here)

It is pretty nice and sleek. It's going to take a little getting used to, but I like it so far!

Been meaning to share this, and kept forgetting. For everyone who doesn't know about it, the Ilmina website is a super useful database for PAD, but only for the English server monsters.

It has the original renders for the monsters to make the profiles cleaner (because some of them look really bad because of the brick background the game uses), and it also documents enemy data so you can look up moves they use in dungeons. Super useful for updating our current profiles and making the new ones as good as possible.

Only just saw that CRTs have opened back up. Should probably jump on that ASAP to get the verse back up to date.

Also saw the request to keep CRT's focused and only one for a verse at a time, so I take it we should break up the CRT into smaller parts first? I'd assume the new ratings would be the easiest to start with, especially with the calcs being approved finally.

Though, the missing abilities are also pretty quick to document as well.

I might've jumped the gun a bit and already made an Abilities CRT thinking it would get done faster. That's genuinely my bad.

I thought we were specifically asked to not make a big single CRT, did I read the announcement wrong?

Nah, that's only for site-wide revisions, for example, revising the standard format for profiles and so on.

Back