• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Verse/Profile Creation Thread!

This gives me the feelings I had with the 7 months I was with Barney...

Anyways, yeah, it´ll be quite long, I´ll always be here if you have any scaling issues.

I heard about your issues with getting that approved, did that ever pan out?

With a roster of thousands...yeah, I'll be here a while. I know I don't HAVE to do them all, but there are so many that I really like and want to do. Thankfully that number is cut down when we take evolutions, form changes, and items out of the equation. Though that makes me wonder how we should handle certain 'form changes' that aren't part of evolutionary chains. Like Hera having a cyborg/machine variant that isn't part of the 'original' Hera line...questions for when I get to them, I suppose.

Thank you, it's nice having other people involved in the verse, especially since it's niche and hard to get support for.

Thanks, I really have to thank you for being the one working on this verse, after all.

As for Barney, well, he already finally got into the site, but he´s banned from matches, however.

Well, it's niche despite how well it's done. If I didn't do it, there's a good chance that no one would've...so I kinda felt like I HAD to. You know?

Huh...Well, at least it's something I suppose. Though I didn't expect him getting a unique rule like that.

I can tell, after all, I had to make profiles for Casper the Friendly Ghost and Papa Smurf, which are usually regarded as iconic characters.

I've noticed, you seem to be involved with a lot of 'iconic' characters finally getting pages on the wiki.

Hello Kitty was on the works, but the problem is that her best feats are in japanese, so a good chunk of important (And exclusive as HK has no canon pretty much) content, which would lead into a page that only uses lore that´s avaiable in english with no need for fantranslations quite poor.

Anyways, yeah, Iconic stuff deserves to get in the site in some shape or form, same with underrated series like P&D.

Oh yikes, that honestly sucks, it's a shame that it's hard to get the information for such an iconic character.

On that note, surprisingly, while I'm still debating how the crossovers should be handled for PAD, Hello Kitty might be the most 'sound' crossover that Puzzle and Dragons ever did. They created unique monsters and special new forms for the Hello Kitty cast just for the crossover, so I think those meet all the requirements for crossover/guest appearance profiles.

They definately do, it's the point of the wiki after all.

Well, the problem is that most HK crossovers are just commercials with no actual legitimate plot.

Either way, a composite profile was the one in mind, but obviously feats of the nature above are to be excluded.

Of course, we have a 'no avertisments and commercials' rule, so that makes properties like Hello Kitty extra tough.

I'll see what I can do with the whole gang once I get around to debating the viability of some of PAD's Crossovers...but like many things, that's a 'when we cross that bridge' situation. We're still missing profiles for key characters after all.

Yep, we're missing the player character, Sara, Nick, Dogma

I also don't have a profile for Syrup and the Skydragons who are plot relevant dragons, so those are probably high prioriety too.

The Logical Six and the Paradox Elites are probably notable enough to get profiles as well, since they're all pretty skilled Tamers who have unique teams.

To my knowlage, no, but it's possible there's a default name in some of the pre-release material. I'll try my best to find it so we don't have to do a 'The Player' situation like other verses do.

I'll be sure to. The major main characters, bosses, and a few importaint monsters like Hera, Zues, and Avalon Drake will probably be next then, they'll be good for finishing up the 'importaint' stuff for PADZ

"They (refering to dragons and monsters within PAD) did not begin to develop inteligence until a mere 20 million years ago." -Ignis, Temple of Fire

Well...that kinda blows a hole in "Animalistic" ratings for PAD monsters. Gonna need to touch up some profiles, I've lowballed how smart even the generic species are.

Something to keep note of for the future, too.

There's also mentions of civilizations, some of the dex entries use really personified language, and a few dragons outright banter/chat with their opponents.

I guess I just assumed that looking animal like meant they were lower intelligence, that's honestly my bad.

I know it does, but it always feels bad when it's your own mistake, you know?

Thankfully I caught it before I got super deep into this, changing inteligence now is easier than doing it when I've got a couple dozen monster lines under my belt. I'll touch them up after some additions tonight (I've been putting off some of those importaint characters too long)

MONS 3642
So, I know we're not supposed to use art without supporting evidence (Been keeping tabs on Monster Strike's page and they've been having issues for that same reason), but look at how big PAD's Azathoth is!
I think that's supposed to be Earth or an Earth-Like planet already in his mouth and it looks so tiny!

Neat, it can have Type 6 Large Size

This is easily an upgrade from Exia and Crowley.

However, an actual statement of it being actually that big, after all, I doubt space looks like a simple floor and an stone wall.

It's already leagues above Exia and Crowley when it comes to power rankings, it even dwarfs that feat we were possibly going to use for Vritra if we can get supporting information for the image.

Pfft, yeah, I doubt space looks like that either. This is just the gallary view that all the monsters sit in when you're browsing them (which, unless we can find clean PNGs, you might to get used to for PAD profiles unfortunately...)

So I'm pretty sure his boss fight is in space and looks a lot better...but I doubt we'll get a statement that outright confirms it, so not sure how useable this will end up being. But something fun to keep in mind.

I'll see if I can get it, but considering Monster Strike got hit for using art without supporting evidence...I have my doubts this will go anywhere without something like a story or offical statement confirming his size.

I just thought it was entertaining and of note to bring up that they're at least implying Azathoth is a REALLY big boy compared to our other characters. And I'll still presue it to see if this might be a new 'God Tier' rating we can use, because Azathoth is actually ranked at a 10, which is twice as high as our current God Tiers in PADZ.

So if this is ever usable or accepted, it might be a new rung on the ladder for monsters that rate even higher than Arkvelza and the Skydragons, which there is a good handful of.

Well, tiering via sheer size has been a thing for a while, even speed via sheer size has some standards if you can't find something to scale to.

Something of that size is easily at least 5-A

Oh I'm aware of characters getting tiers for their size, I'm just worried because the other PAD-Like franchise on the wiki recently got some pretty big nerf bats because all they had to work with were character arts, rather than statements. That's where my concern is, not that it can't be done.

I'd love to see PAD get some higher tiers, and Virtra's feat might even get something bigger now that I've looked more into it, but as for Azathoth? I'm gonna have to see everything I can scrouge up to support a rating before we give it to him.

Thankfully, there's plenty of time to do that, I'm still cracking through relevant monsters and characters from Z, only just got done adding Syrup today, of all characters.

Well, if that's the case, might want to mention this here. I was looking over Vritra's feat again because I plan on doing some pages for him, Indra, Zues, and Hera (The Bonus Bosses) and I noticed a few things I think I overlooked when pulling the information together.

1. Vritra isn't nearly as special as I originally thought he was. He's actually a returning dragon from the original PAD, and he's a member of the 'Indian Gods' series, which means he's actually pretty comparable to every god, decended, and specialty monster in the franchise. He's not a one-off dragon like I originally thought he was, so that means he probably scales to a lot more than just himself and Indra

2. His feat explicitly states that he 'anniliated' the planet in question, which is a form of total destruction. I could only find one thread about it, but allegedly when the word 'anniliation' is used it's treated as subatomic destruction. The calc they reffered back to in this thread was this one: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...troying_Earth_or_the_Sun_on_a_subatomic_scale

So assuming the world in question was Earth-Like (It should be, the main world in the franchise is, and there's no reason to assume otherwise for other populated worlds in the verse), and this calc and thread in question are still relevant, that's a Teir 4 feat for our current top teirs, which scales to anyone we currently rate as 'Stronger than Exia and Crowley'

Subatomic? Taking it like that is too much without something that supports it, something like violent fragmentation would be better.

But yeah, normally "Earth"-like is assumed by default, and this would fall as 5-A at most.

Only repeating what I saw on the thread of people using 'Annihilation' as subatomic destruction. I even asked to confirm if that was still accepted/relevant, but haven't gotten anything back yet. So, still waiting on seeing what the offical stance is. Until I do, I at least kept the calcs and information tabbed in case they needed brought back up.

Either way, god tiers will probably need to be updated somewhat for this, since Vritra's no more powerful than any other high tier. To what exactly depends on the answer I get...Which kinda puts me in an awkward position because I probably shouldn't be making pages with the knowlage that their rating will change as soon as someone gives me an offical answer on what values I should use.

Which is also just why I haven't gone through with it in the first place, cause I really want an offical answer. On one hand, the thread had staff members joining in to talk about it. On the other? It's an older thread and it's the only time I can find the word 'annihilation' used as a decriptor for a level of destruction.

So I'll be twiddling my thumbs on this until who knows how long.

Also, on a non-powerscaling topic for once:

The Power Rangers have invaded PAD! I just got on today for the first time in a while since I was so busy and saw the spandex heroes have joined the roster.

If PAD has anything, it's definately having a ridiculously big guest character roster.

I could probably used GBE of Earth as a baseline in the meantime while waiting for an anwser the more I look into it, that seems to be an accepted value as long as the planet was destroyed in general. That's a 5-B ranking for our high tiers until further feedback. Do you think that's acceptable...because if I'm honest I really don't want to stagger these profiles any more than I have to.

Yes, that's totally acceptable.

After all, otherwise the planet would just remain but with no life, which the context doesn't supports here.

Sounds like a plan then, an entirely reasonable with all the information we have. It can always be updated later if anything else comes up after all.

I'll try to make an effort to get a Vritra page up soon so all the top tiers can have an easy to cite refrence for thier rating then...and then MAYBE finally get around to finishing up relevant PADZ additions.

Vritra is now made and all the Skydragons now scale to it, and the bar is pretty much set for every god, legendary monster, and special monster who goes past 5 stars in their power rating.

Avalon Drake scales too, but just because he's a special situation, being the Skydragon bodygaurd and being able to fight the Dragon King makes him an exception to the rule despite being a lower star ranking...we probably shouldn't scale every other three star and four star to him.

...As funny as it would be to have some of the low tier monsters Tier 5.

Back