• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Discussion Thread

XitSign

He/Him
I took quite the long off and on break from the Wiki there, but I'm getting back into the swing of things. And with that, I've remembered that we used to use the 'creation' thread as a General Thread, so I decided to fix that. So welcome to the new Puzzle and Dragons thread, for discussing anything about PAD and it's various media!

pad-multiplayer-non-feature_6445_feature.jpg

...I am likely the only person who is going to use this thread very much.

Important Links:

Main Verse Page

Ilmina (Allows you to search Monsters, as well as check their Enemy Data. Very useful ever since we lost the PADX website)

PAD Index (Great for getting art and info on characters that aren't in the English versions of PAD)

Tsubaki Bot (A plugin for Discord Servers that can let you call info on PAD monsters. Good because new animated art is stored weirdly, and can't be rendered on sites like Ilmina anymore)

Added a profile for Melty.

...Not because it was high priority or anything...moreso because it was easy.

I'm putting off The Four Gaurdians like my life depends on it...They may be plot relevant but they also have an exhausting number of forms...

May's Quest dungeons have brought back HP Lovecraft's Yog-Sothoth for a difficult boss battle.

With it came some interesting text prompts. One of Yog's attacks is "The One Who Trascends All Existence", however not sure how useable that is for anything? Especially since it's an attack name, we stray away from those.

However, upon transformation, the narration says this about Yog: "His form is Everything and Nothing...|The logic of this world is being rewritten...!"

Considering this is the narration of the battle talking, that is likely far more reliable. Not totally sure what we would translate something that is "everything AND nothing", possibly a form of Transduality or Nonexistance? However the second, rewriting logic, may be a reality warping?

It's interesting, at least.

Reviewing PADX for a CRT that I've had on the backburner, the CRT is now spiraling out of control with everything we need to add. A number of universal changes that I totally neglected in the last batch of CRTs will need applied...

I really hate PADX, please only watch it for feats. It's not that good...

Haven't been posting much, got MASSIVELY burned out and my life took some wild turns. Didn't have much time or passion for working on these projects (heck I haven't finished the PADX rewatch for everything I was promising to do)

However, I am trying to get back on my feet with this, so I wanted to post an update:

Still working on the PADX stuff. My notes have gotten REALLY long, and I should probably also throw PADZ into this CRT to wrap up that duo so all our profiles that relate to them can be up-to-date.

We've had a handful of alternate forms and evos come out for characters who will ALSO need CRTs at some point to be properly added.

And finally, the newest PAD Plotline outright opens saying that this Summer adventure takes place in an alternate universe to some of the ones we already know, with characters we recognize having new roles in this universe. We've long since known the Multiverse existed, of course, but the cosmology and structure has never been clear, and now we're being told that there's sometimes alternate universe versions of the characters who have completely different backstories...Which is complicated against the 'alternate forms' that we have directly seen be related to the 'main' forms...

For profiles? I'm not sure how we should handle this going forward. There's alternate forms we now know aren't the 'main' version of the character, alternate forms that we know are just the main character in a new outfit with new powers, and forms where they've made no attempt to clarify which is which.

...Also we're no closer to mapping out this multiverse...I genuinely can't tell how many universes there are, especially since the Dimension of the Mystic is described almost like it's it's own multiverse and some of the other universes aren't in it. Plus the interdimensional travel is all over the place so having this many universes means nothing plot-wise...

I'm still really behind on doing that full breakdown for PADX and PADZ to leave those two behind once and for all, I sure hope Gungho doesn't announce a new game. It would especially suck if it has a subtitle that implies that there will be lore relevance, something like 'Story'.

...I hate this franchise sometimes.

While I'm not up to date on CRTs yet, I've occasionally thought about Mille, and how these new reveals about certain alts being different characters while others are the same character.

Our current profile is for the 'Gleaming Time Dragonbound' Mille who was heavily featured in the PADX anime before appearing in the games, but it's heavily outdated.

The Dimension of the Mystic boss battle with 'Playful Time Dragonbound' Mille has her ask if the player can guess which Mille is the 'real' Mille, in refrence to the many Mille's we've had over the years, and her phase change ends with the line "The truth is...|...they're all me!" Before she transforms into a random Mille alt.

For the most part, I don't think this is too complicated, we've established the multiverse links before, so this seems cut and dry, we should just have 1 Mille profile and give her keys for all the unique forms and 'alts' she has, since she claims they're all just 1 person.

But the RAS timeline and that Mille are weird...The RAS timeline is one where everyone lives peaceful lives and their conflicts are based around music performances and going to school, and they don't show any knowledge of the multiverse and interdimensional travel (outside of gameplay)

So is that Mille a unique Mille not connected to the others? Or is Mille living a double life in this peaceful timeline just so she can jam out and not worry about being the keeper of time?

She has all the powers she needs, she can dimension hop, manipulate time back and forth, change her appearance, she could blend into a timeline and pop back out without anyone noticing she was gone, but I don't think anything in the RAS timeline implies this or hints at this. Mille just acts normal. The only evidence is our "main" Mille claiming all of the Mille's are her.

So...we NEED to revise Mille's profile, it's woefully outdated and she's a major character, but I'm not sure if we should include RAS Mille based on her statement of being all Mille's, or if that's assuming too much since the RAS timeline never drops any hints or winks at the cammera?

Maybe just a note on the profile that RAS Mille's status is unclear for now?

To my overwhelming dread, PAD Story does infact have a story...The characters will likely be 'plot relevant' regardless of if we get new feats out of this.

...I can't waaaaaaaait, yaaaaaaaaay...

Interesting note, however, it seems to be focusing on the Sacred Relic Dragon universe, which we've seen a few times. It even has a main-game story mode. This could be interesting to investigate...If I wasn't so backed up with other things to catch up on.

Seems the game is focused on researching the history of monsters and how they came to be through evolution, which PADZ actually had some minor details on, so interesting we're tackling this subject again.

Intro seems to imply that the 'Lit' monsters may be a common ancestor of all monsters...Interesting as well.

Also...Gileon, Menuit, and Amlynea are 3 Star monsters now, instead of the 7 Star we know them as in the main game, and they're being treated as WOEFULLY weaker than they normally are.

We already have a little bit of this on a few profiles, and it created a minor controversy on if we should take PADZ's statements on rarity at face value, as well as the other evidence, but I think this actually reinforces it.

I think a clean-up CRT needs to be done where we recheck every time a rarity rating changes, why it changes, and how they're treated differently. I think a number of characters may need extra keys based on these differences. Especially since a lot of these changes do take place after time skips. (Example: Cursed Wyrm being a lower rarity monster in its first appearance, but getting bumped MUCH higher later, and fighting much more powerful opponents too.)

Basically, I think PADZ's Rarity statement is still pretty generally sound (outside of the PIS we saw like in the Great Witch chapter), but the real problem is we don't have as many keys as we should have.

So...Add that to the list of CRTs I need to do.

A minor addition, the Final Fantasy collab is back.

...I don't think anything from the collab would be useable by our crossover standards, but hey...That's still fun to note that it's back. It's POSSIBLE the Moogle and Carbuncle team-up character might count? Since it's a merging of the two verses, but that may be a stretch...Not my first priority either way.

Very sad news to report that the Ilmina site is, sadly, being taken down...They were an amazing source for not just images, but also monster data that was super exact, and really helped with me getting enemy abilities recorded for our profiles.

At this time, I do not know what a suitable replacement would be for future content. This is very unfortunate, the service was a fantastic one...

Never say I'm not committed. The Ilmina team have graciously released the last build of the database before the closure, I'm doing my best to archive and index it as soon as I can.

Ontop of that, various resources on Reddit are being compiled that will hopefully help preserve the info needed to keep the PAD pages alive, as well as future data needed for future pages and changes to characters.

There's so many changes that need done for this verse, and ontop of that gotta be a part of preservation efforts, but I'm starting to get more hopeful that I can pull through this and keep the verse alive and well cited on the wiki.

The Hatsune Miku and Vocaloid collaboration has returned to North America, bringing back the PAD Hatsune Miku and adding more of her friends.

...Now if only the Vs Wiki weren't COWARDS about the crossover rules! We could have a combat applicable Tier 2 Hatsune Miku!

31ba33_65904e44164143348d8a68355c13c74f~mv2.png

I might make a Sandbox at some point for amusing PAD crossover characters that don't meet the requirements for official pages sometime. I already had one started but didn't keep up on it enough...

Back