• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pucci vs Diavolo: Fast Forward vs Skip

He can't precog what's too fast for him to process. He can't timeskip and stroll behind him either (on account of Pucci flying around).

Pucci doesn't take risks and builds up speed before fighting. He did it to the SO crew. The enviornment around Diavolo is rapidly changing until he's just stranded in the ocean. His footing and positioning is all thrown off here.

It's a matter of time before Pucci kills Diavolo. The mob boss needs to timeskip and pray to god that by the end of it, Pucci is confused and accidentally forgets about where he is and his spacing juuuust long enough that Diavolo can land a hit... despite Pucci's reactions scaling with his super speed.

All of that was addressed before yet you still have the time to "think it's just the golden wind hype".

Eficiente said:
All of that was addressed before yet you still have the time to "think it's just the golden wind hype".
Because what I've seen doesn't make sense, or maybe I haven't seen what you posted.

I think it's golden wind hype because it doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

@HierophantDeluxe It was kinda disrespectful to the good arguments you didn't see and Diavolo's voters.

HierophantDeluxe said:
He can't precog what's too fast for him to process. He can't timeskip and stroll behind him either (on account of Pucci flying around).
He can. By the time Pucci attacked Jotaro the latter was able to considerably mobilize and do stuff within his accelerated 5 seconds of timestop, and by the end of battle, when Pucci was much faster than how he's going to attack Diavolo here, Jotaro was able to do the same. Everything Diavolo has to do is react to not dying in his 10 seconds of precog, and this by no means should be a problem to erase. "Pucci flying around" is hardly a factor here, as Diavolo says, none but him can move within erased time, this is due to the last action of others not doing anything. Diavolo would maybe contemplate Pucci's other action, but as he doesn't have the time to do that he logically wouldn't, or he would do it very briefly.
HierophantDeluxe said:
Pucci doesn't take risks and builds up speed before fighting. He did it to the SO crew. The enviornment around Diavolo is rapidly changing until he's just stranded in the ocean. His footing and positioning is all thrown off here.
I assure you we all take that into consideration. But no on the "rapidly changing until he's just stranded in the ocean", that makes no sense within this context as well as others. No one but the SO crew end up in the ocean, we saw how the world was like for non-Stand users. And even then, as he did with the SO crew, Pucci would not attack Diavolo after that much time.

HierophantDeluxe said:
It's a matter of time before Pucci kills Diavolo. The mob boss needs to timeskip and pray to god that by the end of it, Pucci is confused and accidentally forgets about where he is and his spacing juuuust long enough that Diavolo can land a hit... despite Pucci's reactions scaling with his super speed.
Remember how he lost an eye? That very brief moment of "idk what's going on" Pucci had is all Diavolo needs, he latter would not be hiding at some distance, approach and throw enough punches to surround him, just position himself and attack. And he lost the eye by the end of his battle when his speed was at his best, not at all how he's going to be here.

And this is all ignoring the "we don't know if time acceleration would affect time erase" argument. It's just some comments above, please take it into consideration.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Also, once Pucci takes a hit, wouldn't he bleed out increasingly fast?
No. MiH doesn't work on living beings. If you are referring to Pucci dying from oxygen poisoning, it happened due to acceleration in the effect of Weather Report's ability. The area's oxygen concentration became high enough in the short period of time to kill him pretty quickly while WR held him in place, preventing his escape.

No. MiH doesn't work on living beings. If you are referring to Pucci dying from oxygen poisoning, it happened due to acceleration in the effect of Weather Report's ability. The area's oxygen concentration became high enough in the short period of time to kill him pretty quickly while WR held him in place, preventing his escape.

Yes it works, read chapter 150 when a baseball player got hit by a ball he experienced extreme blood loss that should not happen at all.

I want to vote for Pucci by virtue of Pucci Gang alone.

Actually, the argunents for Pucci seem legit. Prom gives a very convincing argument about Pucci's time acceleration countering KC's time skip. Overall, if Pucci plays the away game long enough like in the last few chapters of Stone Ocean., he has a solid chance of taking this.

I'm in favour of Pucci Gang.

I ''still ''feel like going inconclusive. I'm kinda leaning toward Pucci but I think I'll need to go over both arguements again...

The God Of Procrastination said:
If Pucci takes too long, then Diavolo will end up in the new universe somewhere, right?
Yes and no, it will reset but he will not be "somewhere". He'll end up where he was in the previous universe confronting Pucci yet again through fate.

Those who die before the universe resets are re-born as entirely different people with entirely different lives. If he kills Diavolo and then has the universe reset, it's a win for him because the new universe will have the exact same Pucci but no Diavolo to be found (essentially causing him to be replaced by someone else).

Back