• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pucci vs Diavolo: Fast Forward vs Skip

Pucci has a good chance here, but Diavolo just erases his attacks, puts himself in front on him, and attacks. Hiding undetected and throwing blood at Pucci's eyes of heave also helps. I vote Diavolo.

Well, Diavolo would notice the time acceleration and how it benefits his opponent, and when he erases time and moves no one notices it. He's also the only one able to move within the time erase, any reason for him not taking this?

Pucci still moves in time erase, just not consciously. In addition, Made in Heaven will likely begin affecting the duration of King Crimson's time skip, as well as Epitaph's effectiveness.

If Diavolo doesn't finish him as quickly as possible, Pucci will quickly become too fast for him to position himself properly in the time skip, and will eventually blitz and kill him. This will take quite a while, because of King Crimson and Epitaph.

But Diavolo can't dodge and skip time forever.

Diavolo should be able to skip over Pucci's accelerations, making 10 seconds worth of accelerations moot at a time. He still needs to kill Pucci as quickly as possible tho.

Precog should help with hitting Pucci, so Diavolo wins 55/100 times.

Made in Heaven is an overrated and useless Stand FRA.

Yeah, precog helps a lot. I thought about it more, and even if Pucci sped up so much so that Diavolo couldn't position himself for a melee blow, he can use Epitaph to line up a lethal projectile throw during time skip.

Diavolo 6/10.

Diavolo FRA. MiH is honestly the worst top tier Stand and I'd rather have Whitesnake or C-Moon. It's completely useless for anything else and you can only use it once for the reset.

I'm going against the grain here, we know MiH accelerates time related phenomenon like Jotaro's time stop, I highly suspect he accelerates time skip as well and as a result, Diavolo would be thrown off and wouldn't be able to position himself in time.

That and Pucci isn't an idiot, he mostly accelerated around the crew during their final fight and only went for them once their guard was down. I think he waits until he gets to a speed that "not even that Jotaro Kujo and his Star Platinum could keep with!" and then proceeds to dispatch the Diavolo. Sure he has precog and knows where he's gonna be, but with an opponent hundreds of times faster than you precog means jackshit. He knows where he'll be but that provides no guarentee for hitting someone that fast, or even waiting until that moment as Pucci likely kills him first.

Diavolo CAN win, but Pucci probably wins thanks to being uncomparably faster and being able to accelerate his time skip. That and his cautious nature let him take this 7/10 times.

Definitely reasonable, though I think Diavolo could potentially find a way to deal with them before he gets too fast. I guess I'd lean inconclusive, honestly.

Considering Pucci sped up the Time Stop of Jotaro, I'm pretty sure it's going to speed up the Time Skip to the point that it's useless. I'm going with Pucci.

He did with Jotaro's Time Stop which is 4D as well, so I don't see why he wouldn't speed up Diavolo's Time Skip.

It'd speed up both Diavolo's time erasure and precognition. Though, honestly, even just a second for both is probably enough to make Diavolo win the moment Pucci tries to attack him.

I vote for Pucci because he only need to wait a certain time until the universe reset while diavolo need to actively pursue Pucci to kill him and prevent the reset. The only reason he fight Jotaro is because his personal vendetta, he is actually one of the smartest villain in JJBA.

Jotaro would've killed Pucci if it wasn't for Jolyne. Diavolo would most certainly be able to kill Pucci before the time acceleration became too much.

Ok, I should word myself better, but EoH timestops can stop infinite speed characters while canon probably can't handle anything infinite (Case in point being infinite rotation).

That makes more sense.

But yeah, I'm not totally sure about this whole match, since Pucci can shorten something that technically doesn't "last", but Diavolo's ability also doesn't technically "last" much like Jotaro's, but time-stop and time-skip are very different abilities.

If anything, I'd be surprised that Pucci's time acceleration could make Diavolo's Time-Erasure effect a greater amount of time, for some reason.

Diavolo's ability is different from time stop. Pucci will still move during the time skip, and Diavolo will not be able to catch up with him or reliably hit him. His best shot would be predicting his movements during time skip and throwing projectiles at predicted locations.

Promestein said:
Diavolo's ability is different from time stop. Pucci will still move during the time skip, and Diavolo will not be able to catch up with him or reliably hit him. His best shot would be predicting his movements during time skip and throwing projectiles at predicted locations.
... which Pucci can then dodge based on his x1000 better reaction speeds.

All the while the terrain around Diavolo is transforming rapidly until 30 seconds later he's just in a giant body of water.

And I disagree, if Pucci can accelerate time stop he can accelerate time skip. They are both forms of time manipulation, just because they are being manipulated in different ways doesn't mean he can't influence it.

I'm agreeing with you? I'm agreeing that Diavolo probably loses (and projectiles are also accelerated anyways, so Pucci's speeds don't matter there). I was just pointing out that, because of Pucci's speed, Diavolo can't catch up to him and can't hit him even in time skip, because he won't stop moving.

Back