• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pucci vs Diavolo: Fast Forward vs Skip

A reminder of some things

• Others are supposed to be unaware or even confused after time erases.
  • Diavolo throwing blood at others is something he can do to them within his erased time, with they couldn't possibly dodge
  • He can predict stuff that happens from the present to even after an erased time he may do.
Just that. As said above, I definitely could see Pucci taking this, but think that Diavolo has the better chance.

Bucciarati adapted to the time skip pretty quickly, so I'm sure Pucci could as well.

I'll go with Inconclusive.

Gonna reiterate the big reason Jotaro lost was because he was distracted. Put in the same situation we all know what Diavolo, "best parent" in Jojo would do. Theres quite a few ways this can go and Pucci can really stress Diavolo out with his amping but I think Diavolo would pull through more often than not.

Genericstickman said:
LordUrien935 said:
Even if time skip was shortened it wouldn't matter. 1 second is all Diavolo needs to donut Pucci.
Yeah but how would Diavolo catch Pucci in that 1 second of time skip?
Jotaro was doing just fine and would've if not for Jolyne. Diavolo can certainly manage.

JohnConquest1 said:
Gonna reiterate the big reason Jotaro lost was because he was distracted. Put in the same situation we all know what Diavolo, "best parent" in Jojo would do. Theres quite a few ways this can go and Pucci can really stress Diavolo out with his amping but I think Diavolo would pull through more often than not.
Jotaro didn't lose becasue he was distracted.

I don't feel like spoiling it over and over but he lost because of an obvious reason.

Incon FRA

I feel like this battle could go either way many many times. Given Epitaph and KC could stop Pucci before he blitzes but even then it's debatable. I don't see a real conclusive winner here tbh

I will never understand that concern for having the grace period started or finished on match-ups where it would be better to just leave them like that to maybe still have more arguments in it.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Remember Weiss vs Bug Eaten? Or Polnareff vs Weiss?
I 'member.

30 votes lul.

I'm tempted to vote for Pucci just for the fat Incon.

Regardless, I have to vote for Diavolo. Time Erase -> Donut is too much here, and while it's close, he gets it more time than not.

The Smashor said:
Small but important note, speed is not equalized.
Who would be faster then? I haven't gotten to Part 6, but I'd imagine they are basically the same in terms of speed.

MiH itself has infinite speed (Though I don't think it acts on it's own unless time is stopped or something like that so Pucci still has to control it)

Oh. I guess they changed that. Before it had infinite speed via moving in Jotaro's time stop.

What's stopping Pucci from just going too fast for Diavolo to even catch up to in the ten seconds of erased time?

No, he always had Resistance to time stop.

No one being able to move within erased time.

"No one being able to move in erased time"

That's time stop. People still move in time erasure. That's basically the gimmick. If Pucci was going to increase his own speed and keep his distance until he can blitz (Which he does IC), Time Erasure can't stop him.

The Smashor said:
If Pucci was going to increase his own speed and keep his distance until he can blitz (Which he does IC), Time Erasure can't stop him.
Do you like, expect him to build up here waaay more speed than the one he used to initially attack Jotaro? Which is an opponent he knew had a power that could defeat him.

He knew Jotaro's power. He dosn't know Diavolo's. Moving within erased time refurs to freely moving.

The first 2 sentences are as redundant as they can get. The position Pucci will ultimately have is going to be with in the erased time, he's not going to move beyond that, what are you even trying to imply with all of this?

"He's not going to move beyond that"

Two things:

1. Pucci probably could survive an attack or two from KC, since he takes hits from Stone Free who is stronger then Silver Chariot who King Crimson has the + from stomping. Meanwhile if MiH sneezes on Diavolo he's dead.

2. Pucci specializes in last second reactions, like when at the last moment (Taking advantage of being able to see and think in stopped time) he prevented himself from getting hit with a spear and bullets. He'd probably be able to react to King Crimson, especially if he's already boosted his speed a bit with MiH. If Bruno can adapt and react to King Crimson, I think it's not out of the question that Pucci could since he's just as experienced, if not more so, in stand battling.

That's funny, but he'd break his leg because somebody's ramming into it at infinite speed and he only has 10-A dura.

Back