• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pucci vs Diavolo: Fast Forward vs Skip

The God Of Procrastination said:
They are part of a stand, so they didn't do anything.
Do not try to inform others with wrong information. Why don't you go outside and try to verify your stuff in a Q&A thread? If you discover something we can add it to his profile, but stop making stuff up.

Do not try to inform others with wrong information. Why don't you go outside and try to verify your stuff in a Q&A thread? If you discover something we can add it to his profile, but stop making stuff up.

Don't get so aggressive, jeez.

Remember, Made in Heaven makes Pucci die faster, as well.
No? Emporio defeated him via suffocating/poisoning him. Due to MiH speedening up the increment in the concentration of oxygen around him. If he just starts dying without environmental factors, he won't die faster.

I always wondered about that... how does the time acceleration help the oxygen poisoning? MiH doesn't speed up biological reactions, and it seems like easily gathering oxygen in the area is more on the part of Weather Report (the stand).

MiH speeds up everything including stand abilities, that's why Jotaro said that his time stop was supposed to be five seconds but it didn't feel like it.

Weather Report can increase the amount of oxygen in a room, albeit slowly. MiH speeds that up and thus it fills the room almost instantly with a gas that is poisonous to humans in absolute concentrations.

At what point does the thread go incon due to the fact that, clearly, nobody is going to win this?

Seriously, I haven't seen something like this since Link vs X.

Can I ask what is the basis for an incon?

Wouldnt MiH accelerate time to the point the skip would become near instant, making it useless?

Like: I can erase 10 seconds! But time now flows x1000 times faster, so my 10 seconds feel like 0.01 seconds.

And Epitaph would become useless too once time has accelerated enough.

PaChi is asking why where the Diavolo votes counted when both KC and Epitaph are hard countered by the fact that MiH makes them last no time at all and become useless

Diavolo must kill Pucci during the first or second skip at most since by that moment time will be flowing so fast his chances of winning will become near 0.

And this is not accounting for the fact that Pucci can move during the time skip and that he does abuse his acceleration by stalling.

Even way after Pucci's first attack on Jotaro, the latter could still make a decent use of his 5 seconds of timestop, Diavolo has 10 seconds of erased time and precog and will be attacked sooner than later. Diavolo's precog will be affected by the time acceleration, which could alert him of his time erase being affected as well, which in turn is unknown of it would happen or not as both there is no time for MiH to accelerate there (it's literally erased for everyone but Diavolo, and doesn't work on organic beings) and it is also a lack of causality, something that has nothing to do with MiH's ability.

PaChi2 said:
And this is not accounting for the fact that Pucci can move during the time skip and that he does abuse his acceleration by stalling.
This is both correct and incorrect, all actions he will do will be there, in that way he "can move during the time skip", and also his last action will be motionless and Diavolo will aim for that one. This "last action" is what Diavolo refers when he says that no one but him can move in erased time.

Time stop and time skip are fundamentally different. So Jotaro being able to stop time for a certain period after Pucci attacked him is of no interest in this scenario.

Diavolo jumps from 12:00:00 to 12:00:10, thing is, Pucci makes it so that his perception of those 10 seconds is accelerated since he is the only one who can freely operate in the accelerated time. When diavolo tries to use KC he will jump 10 seconds in the future, but the sensation he'll have is that his skip became waaaaaay shorter.

And I was referring to your first line when I said that Pucci could still move.

I'm kinda amazed by this thread. Acting in stopped time is apparently too different from acting in erased time due to them being fundamentally different, yet said erased time can still be affected by time acceleration, it has even being brought Pucci reacting within it.

No, we don't know if Pucci "makes it so that his perception of those 10 seconds is accelerated", Pucci does not affect perception, he affects time, and there is no time within time erase. If anything "we don't know" is generous. What's more, Diavolo seeing Pucci's actions moving faster than what they should will let him notice that his time erase is being accelerated, if that happens.

Pucci does affect perception in a sense that people could not keep up with the increased acceleration you know? If time acceleration affected everyone equally nobody would have sensed any difference.

Of course, but said perception being affected comes merely from the time acceleration, which as said above we don't know if it applies to erased time.

Eficiente said:
Of course, but said perception being affected comes merely from the time acceleration, which as said above we don't know if it applies to erased time.
Thing is, essentially diavolo jumps from Point A in time to Point A + 10 seconds right? So its either real seconds or his perception of 10 seconds. If its the former, the time skip will be perceived as shortening. If its the latter, Pucci will be so fast he wont be able to touch him.

It can't be the former as I don't see how real seconds would be a thing without real time, for the latter, Diavolo would have 10 seconds to position himself+the unawareness his ability creates on others right after using it. Added to him being able to move stuff within erased time and throw blood at others' eyes if he feels Pucci's too fast to try to one-shot. And added to that we have that he still sees the future even within erased time, being aware of the outcome afterwards.

Eficiente said:
It can't be the former as I don't see how real seconds would be a thing without real time, for the latter, Diavolo would have 10 seconds to position himself+the unawareness his ability creates on others right after using it. Added to him being able to move stuff within erased time and throw blood at others' eyes if he feels Pucci's too fast to try to one-shot. And added to that we have that he still sees the future even within erased time, being aware of the outcome afterwards.
Well, if its as you said, I still think he has... 2 timeskips at most to win.

In order to throw blood into Pucci's eyes, Diavolo would need to be hit and not die so he'd have blood to throw. That's not happening. I might add that after a few seconds of acceleration characters with Diavolo's reactions can't see Pucci due to how fast he's moving. Precog isn't that useful if you can't even see what's attacking you with or without it.

The Smashor said:
In order to throw blood into Pucci's eyes, Diavolo would need to be hit and not die so he'd have blood to throw. That's not happening.
Oooor he can damage himself. Or use earth.

The Smashor said:
I might add that after a few seconds of acceleration characters with Diavolo's reactions can't see Pucci due to how fast he's moving. Precog isn't that useful if you can't even see what's attacking you with or without it.
Jotaro was able to stop time by noticing Pucci, he wasn't just randomly stopping time. 10 seconds of precog is going to let Diavolo notice Pucci as well.

Especially as he did the same thing in order to dodge Gold Experience Requiem.
I feel that it needs to be said that GER needs a downgrade on her Infinite speed, other professional users have agree on that but I'm too busy with even my own JoJo additions to make the thread.

Back