• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fast Skeleton vs Fast Priest

Seeing as though Sans starts all out with his first attack, with soul Manip which would utterly wreck Pucci, I think he wins simply by killing Pucci before the priest gets too quick. Voting Sans

Pucci is more likely to dip out of Sans's range until his speed is great enough that he can just blitz. This is also what he does in character, in combination with his stealth mastery. if Pucci rushes in like a dumb ass before he is fast enough to win easily, then he loses, but otherwise he should take it relatively easily. For these reasons, I vote Pucci

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Pucci is more likely to dip out of Sans's range until his speed is great enough that he can just blitz. This is also what he does in character, in combination with his stealth mastery. if Pucci rushes in like a dumb ass before he is fast enough to win easily, then he loses, but otherwise he should take it relatively easily. For these reasons, I vote Pucci
Can Pucci really avoid near instantaneous soul Manip which he doesn't resist? Plus Sans goes all out straight away with something Pucci doesn't resist. I think he may die before he can either avoid or get faster or blitz

Pucci starts at max SBA range, which (unless I am missing something) is outside of Sans' range. Pucci just dips further out of range. Pucci himself has soul manip, so he knows not to **** with it

Blue mode cancels out flight though

I don't really think Pucci can avoid Sans' first attack whether he likes it or not. I doubt Pucci's first move would to run, and Sans near instantaneously goes all out from the start.

Plus yeah even if he does try and avoid it, Sans can teleport to him and do it again before he gets too quick

Sans is just too ruthless to not go all out immediately

It does, but it needs to land first. He can easily avoid it by being our of range. Pucci's openning move is indeed to get distance until he is fast enough to blitz. it takes like a 7x difference in speed to blitz right? Just travel speed wise Pucci goes from the speed of a bullet train to MFTL in almost no time flat. He can gain distance fast.

Also, don't forget. He may not resist soul manip but stand inherently do, so he can block attacks himself. Sans has a maybe a minute or two at most before Pucci is too fast for him to properly percieve.

And Pucci plays defensively from the start.

Stands block soul manip? Since when?

Also it's soul manip good enough to mess up Chara who by that point has almost 99 DEF, and DEF protects against attacks to the SOUL

Its rather self implicit. Pucci cannot remove nor effect the souls of a user from their stands. Black Sabbath tries to remove and stab souls, but pulls out stands instead, although the latter may be a quirk of that ability specifically. Stands do not have souls, nor are they souls, even if they are spiritual. Now that I think about it, stands may have quite a few innate resistances.

Sans's soul manip is technically only so effective because it has no invincibility frames. I would not even call those stats level of resistance to soul manip, since it is the ability to tank attacks directed at the soul. At that point, you are just tanking it better.

No.

Invincibility frames argument is painful, especially with how many times it was countered as is. He can continously damage a soul instead of inflicting one inoact, among other things, that hardly means much.

Regardless, blockingattacks from all direction is hardly duable. If he goes for blocking, he's dead.

Also yes, those stat levels are in fact indicitive of resistance to soul manipulation. Tanking attacks that target your soul is still soul resistance.

Stands are spiritual entities to begin with, so never mind "they don't have a soul", they're still going to get smacked by a soul haxing attack.

Before sans' attacks can reach pucci he will already be too fast due to starting at max sba range

Sans has never used his teleportation to close a 4km gap and then try to take someone out of the sky

I'm...confused about why he wouldn't teleport? What's he gonna do, walk there? That's more out of character because it's more effort on his part.

The idea that it is OOC for sans to teleport close to an enemy, and the idea that it isn't ooc for him to walk 4 kms is...weird as all hell.

He teleported for much less, and he's near bloodlusted when fighting, specially without the burden of breaking his promise.

Monarch Laciel said:
Also yes, those stat levels are in fact indicitive of resistance to soul manipulation. Tanking attacks that target your soul is still soul resistance.
Stands are spiritual entities to begin with, so never mind "they don't have a soul", they're still going to get smacked by a soul haxing attack.
That's like saying that the durability of a spiritual being is just varying degrees of resistance to soul manipulation. Their souls have durability, and can tank attacks to the soul just like any other attack

Yes, this is my point. If someone like the dudes in Naruto that can extract souls tried that on a stand user they would probably just force summon their stand instead. If you used an attack that could attack the soul on a stand user, a stand would still block those attacks. Assuming they could effect a stand to begin with, the stand would just block attacks meant to attack the soul

I don't get your argument. A soul having "durability" against attacks that can actually hit it would be soul resistance.

And a stand wouldn't be able to block Sans' soul attacks when his soul hax is good enough to affect someone who already has a ton of resistance to soul attacks from their high DEF stat. The stand would be torn to pieces trying.

Sans range is hundreds of meters while Enrico is only tens of meters

By SBA, Sans TKs long before that happens

Sans FRA

Universal+ via time acceleratio

I'd consider this approximately the same as someone having universal range via time stop and say actually combat applicable range is used instead.

Tens of meters is with whitesnake

This is mih which has universe + time accel is combat applicable too

Monarch Laciel said:
I don't get your argument. A soul having "durability" against attacks that can actually hit it would be soul resistance.
And a stand wouldn't be able to block Sans' soul attacks when his soul hax is good enough to affect someone who already has a ton of resistance to soul attacks from their high DEF stat. The stand would be torn to pieces trying.
Perhaps I am not getting yours either. If you point is Sans's soul attacks for some reason being able to work amazing on stands because they can bypass a ton of resistence to it, then stands would have that same thing apply to them.

But a stand would be able to do that same exact thing, i.e. tank attacks that would strike the soul such as Black Sabbath. A soul's "durability" would apply to a stand's "durability" against soul and those kinds of attacks as well. If a spiritual being's "durability" equates to resistance to soul manip, then you cannot turn around and pretend that it does not also apply to stands as well

Monarch Laciel said:
Universal+ via time acceleratio
I'd consider this approximately the same as someone having universal range via time stop and say actually combat applicable range is used instead.
No, because Pucci can actually destroy with his time manip, even if it is enviromental destruction. Hence it is max range

Sans' abilities pass through things without regarding their durability, inflict a poison on the soul, and his SOUL hax is enough to affect someone with several levels of soul resistance beyond the norm. Like tier 7 soul durability if we're taking it that way.

Can Sans even see Pucci? Just a few moments of acceleration was enough for Pucci to not be visible to the main cast, who have MFTL reactions. Also, even when he's that fast, he still sneaks around so Sans will have difficulty sensing/seeing him.

Monarch Laciel said:
Sans' abilities pass through things without regarding their durability, inflict a poison on the soul, and his SOUL hax is enough to affect someone with several levels of soul resistance beyond the norm. Like tier 7 soul durability if we're taking it that way.
I know how his ability works. Being able to effect souls that tank attacks that effect the soul several times over is cool, but MiH is fast enough that he won't struggle the way Chara did. Sans bypasses the durability of the souls, so what level they are resistance wise doesn't really matter. It isn't like MiH is gonna be effected more. If all soul attacks bypass durability, but they can tank these attacks because their souls have durability, then sans ability bypasses that durability. The level just means more durability. Also, Undertale is probably gonna be dropping bellow jojo in physical durability anyway

Undertale is based around dodging, right? Pucci with his passive speed amps is perfect for this. He'll become too fast for Sans to tag or react to and can spam DIO's knives and blitz personally as well. Also, his environmental destruction is potent enough that Sans will eventually be tagged by something accidentally.

Sans' poor stamina also doesn't help.

Sans' stamina is better than what a real world humans would be.

Anyways, from what you are saying Pucci stomps.

Back