• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Giant Spider (Monsterverse)

Why does this profile exist? The thing is featless and the only possible tiering comes from the director stating that it could overpower and eat an adult human with ease, and it appears for like 5-10 seconds, there is absolutely no reason for it to be a page, also "Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Camouflage, possibly longevity, Poison Manipulation" come from what? it being a spider? it shouldn't even have superhuman physical characteristics, its 9-C!
Depends on high 9-C you are that's superhuman
But I agree nuking it of the basis of being on screen for 10 seconds at best
I don't see the problem here

We know it can eat a soldier, and the powers came from:

Natural Weaponry, Poison Manipulation via bite, Resistance to Bone Manipulation (Is an invertebrate)

And longevity is implied to have been there for a long time waiting for Mothra to wake up

It was on-screen for less then a minute and is so ridiculously minor it isn't even funny, and the source for 9-C heres the quote from Mike Dougherty: "P.S. When Mothra snatches the one guard and flings him into the web, there's a giant spider waiting for him...🕷" so that's a tier? Thats like 10-A at most

It was on-screen for less then a minute and is so ridiculously minor it isn't even funny, and the source for 9-C heres the quote from Mike Dougherty: "P.S. When Mothra snatches the one guard and flings him into the web, there's a giant spider waiting for him...🕷" so that's a tier? Thats like 10-A at most
Bruh....

You can look for it.

There are videos were the spider fights Unknown Battleground Players.

They are purple there, is a new event with Godzilla Vs Kong.
You are asking me of all people to look for scans and fix a profile for the monsterverse supporters? I can't watch Godzilla vs Kong right now, nor do I care enough about Monsterverse or godzilla as a whole to touch the profiles outside of the giant spider being mentioned earlier in the thread by @Shmooply (which is why I even know the profile exists, I watched Godzilla: King of the monsters and didn't notice it at all), in its current state it is easily deletion-worthy, i am following this thread just to get involved with some right nasty crap and see profiles worse then my sandboxes, nothing more nothing less.

You are asking me of all people to look for scans and fix a profile for the monsterverse supporters? I can't watch Godzilla vs Kong right now, nor do I care enough about Monsterverse or godzilla as a whole to touch the profiles outside of the giant spider being mentioned earlier in the thread by @Shmooply (which is why I even know the profile exists, I watched Godzilla: King of the monsters and didn't notice it at all), in its current state it is easily deletion-worthy, i am following this thread just to get involved with some right nasty crap and see profiles worse then my sandboxes, nothing more nothing less.
I mean I literally posted the video on my comment and second I was trying to suggest you can look for the video if you want to see it by your own.

And No I'm not gonna ask someone who I didn't even know and probably knows nothing about the MonsterVerse to save a profile of this verse.

Because it seems like it's a brief promotional crossover event? This seems like it'd fall under "Profiles for crossover versions of characters from crossover games, and plot-irrelevant guest characters should NOT be allowed."

Because it seems like it's a brief promotional crossover event? This seems like it'd fall under "Profiles for crossover versions of characters from crossover games, and plot-irrelevant guest characters should NOT be allowed."
I see

Still the spider appears on Godzilla vs Kong soo...

Hmm, if we can't grab feats/scans it should be deleted until we can, since a Twitter post not even aimed toward strength, just a general statement isn't enough justification for 9-C, as for it appearing in Godzilla vs Kong we would need scans/feats, or just it being calculated.

Hmm, if we can't grab feats/scans it should be deleted until we can, since a Twitter post not even aimed toward strength, just a general statement isn't enough justification for 9-C, as for it appearing in Godzilla vs Kong we would need scans/feats, or just it being calculated.
What if I remove the wrong powers and downgrade it to 10-A as you suggested?

I mean we have a lot of profiles with unknown stats. This one at least has something.

What if I remove the wrong powers and downgrade it to 10-A as you suggested?

I mean we have a lot of profiles with unknown stats. This one at least has something.
Its near lack of screen time in the movie it gets its current statistics from bars that right now, and the only ability I actually detest a bit at this point is Poison Manipulation, which it should be put under "likely Poison Manipulation via bite (many spiders have this ability, though it cannot be said for sure that the Giant Spider is a specimin that has it). I think we should move it to a sandbox until clips from Godzilla vs Kong can be obtained and delete the current profile, but if you can get scans from Godzilla vs Kong then I'm pretty sure it can stay with its feats from there and some screen time

Its near lack of screen time in the movie it gets its current statistics from bars that right now, and the only ability I actually detest a bit at this point is Poison Manipulation, which it should be put under "likely Poison Manipulation via bite (many spiders have this ability, though it cannot be said for sure that the Giant Spider is a specimin that has it). I think we should move it to a sandbox until clips from Godzilla vs Kong can be obtained and delete the current profile, but if you can get scans from Godzilla vs Kong then I'm pretty sure it can stay with its feats from there and some screen time
Ok seems fine to me

@SSJRyu1 @DarkDragonMedeus

What do you think about this?
I have already voiced my agreements for the deletion; a civilian Saiyan who doesn't even fly whose only real note worthy feat is just being adapted to 10 G's doesn't really seem like something we need. The stats and abilities are all based on nothing but speculation.

Is somebody willing to delete the spider and Goku's mother, for the reasons stated above, and update the pages that link to them please?

Giant Spider (Monsterverse)

Why does this profile exist? The thing is featless and the only possible tiering comes from the director stating that it could overpower and eat an adult human with ease, and it appears for like 5-10 seconds, there is absolutely no reason for it to be a page, also "Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Camouflage, possibly longevity, Poison Manipulation" come from what? it being a spider? it shouldn't even have superhuman physical characteristics, its 9-C!
I handled this.

Character who canonically cannot fight and whose stats are based on unfounded guesswork (there's nothing indicating she scales to such feats performed way after her death by characters she didn't know).
I handled this as well.

Just saying.
Bruh if you're trying to go after other profiles in revenge, go after something like Amitabha (Touhou Project). But in your case it seems like the combination of barely notable feats + barely appeared/mentioned is what got it removed. Gwynevere's tier 6, and I'd assume that even if she doesn't appear, there'd be a decent amount of statements for her.

Bruh if you're trying to go after other profiles in revenge, go after something like Amitabha (Touhou Project). But in your case it seems like the combination of barely notable feats + barely appeared/mentioned is what got it removed. Gwynevere's tier 6, and I'd assume that even if she doesn't appear, there'd be a decent amount of statements for her.
there aren't any, Gwynevere has very loose scaling to other gods in Dark Souls, since she never even appears physically nor has any known combat anything

there aren't any, Gwynevere has very loose scaling to other gods in Dark Souls, since she never even appears physically nor has any known combat anything
That's obviously ******* wrong, there clearly are statements about her.

"She's the Princess of Sunlight and eldest daughter of Lord Gwyn." This sounds like it came from a statement.

"the true Gwynevere has long left Anor Londo" This sounds like it came from a statement.

"Healing (Can bless water to create Divine Blessings and has access to multiple healing miracles)" This comes from a statement, and even links to it.

That's obviously ******* wrong, there clearly are statements about her.

"She's the Princess of Sunlight and eldest daughter of Lord Gwyn." This sounds like it came from a statement.

"the true Gwynevere has long left Anor Londo" This sounds like it came from a statement.

"Healing (Can bless water to create Divine Blessings and has access to multiple healing miracles)" This comes from a statement, and even links to it.
and none of that even closely relates to combat, she is completely featless and her only possible scaling is to other Dark Souls gods, which is loose since she has nothing shown conflict-wise

and none of that even closely relates to combat, she is completely featless and her only possible scaling is to other Dark Souls gods, which is loose since she has nothing shown conflict-wise
I brought up "having statements" because one of the reasons for Giant Spider's deletion was it only appearing for a few seconds.

I don't view "time on screen" as substantively different from "time statements about that character are on screen".

That's why I said "Even if she doesn't appear, there'd be a decent amount of statements for her." Disqualifying her from deletion on the basis of "doesn't appear."

I brought up "having statements" because one of the reasons for Giant Spider's deletion was it only appearing for a few seconds.

I don't view "time on screen" as substantively different from "time statements about that character are on screen".

That's why I said "Even if she doesn't appear, there'd be a decent amount of statements for her." Disqualifying her from deletion on the basis of "doesn't appear."
no duh, i wanted her out on the basis of having nothing combat-wise and little possible scaling, there are a few statements on her, though none of them imply that she should scale to other Gods, especially since most of them are combat-oriented and have feats or reliable scaling, which she has neither

If you think the scaling is bad then make a CRT to get it removed. If it's accepted then I'd probably be okay with deleting a character who's got unknowns for every statistic (and doesn't have sufficient hax to be in matches despite that).

I don't think we need a CRT for this. The whole point of this thread is to delete poorly made/near featless profiles.

Speaking of featless, Gwynevere's tier 6 ratting comes from scaling her to other Gods like her brothers and father, but the problem is we have no statements putting her anywhere near this level. The most consistent statements relating to Gwynevere talks about how well loved she is, her fertility, and her kindness. There's nothing in any of the games to suggest she was even around during the war with the Ancient Dragons. Her role in the pantheon is to aid powerful warriors with healing and guidance. Gwynevere should have unknowns in nearly every section.

I'll also note, I take offence to that revenge comment. I've had a problem with Gwynevere having a page since I joined, it's just never been a priority of mine. I mentioned it here and now because I saw a similarity between Gine and Gwynevere, both being mostly featless characters with barely any screen time/statements.

I'd think a CRT would help because people in this thread are not experts on the verse. The alternative ig would be to call in experts on Dark Souls, which is what was done for Gine's page. Basically, I know nothing, so we should get people who know stuff about it to weigh in before deleting it.

Also mb, I didn't read your initial post properly and misunderstood the context.

jfc...

There are verses I'm experts on that I've made accepted CRTs for, but sometimes things I believe have been rejected. People can be against the site's consensus about parts of verses they're experts on. So when one person (you) is coming along requesting to delete something someone else (Overlord/Bambu) added, we should listen to both sides, or at the bare minimum, have some other experts weigh in on it.

Back