• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Can someone EE this, i created it by mistake, thinking that I entered a Sandbox of mine when using the word code of

ttps://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Oliver_de_jesus/

but I didn't realize that I deleted User:Oliver_de_jesus/

This profile seems...unnecessary?

This profile seems...unnecessary?
why?

As explained and accepted here, I would like to ask for this profile to be deleted (it's pretty poor quality, and I didn't gather info to revise it because it wasn't on the verse page, thus I didn't even realize it existed until I was almost done, and doing so again would essentially force me to re-read the game's entire script, which I am not willing to do for just one profile)

As explained and accepted here, I would like to ask for this profile to be deleted (it's pretty poor quality, and I didn't gather info to revise it because it wasn't on the verse page, thus I didn't even realize it existed until I was almost done, and doing so again would essentially force me to re-read the game's entire script, which I am not willing to do for just one profile)
Since it's deletion was already accepted I have done so.

These two profiles should probably be deleted, as Herobrine is not original to either verse, making this an unofficial crossover. Basically fanfiction.

Honestly both of these verses are probably viable for deletion, but that'd require a whole CRT.

The concept is free to use in the same way as the Slenderman concept, the CEO of Minecraft doesn't even care and makes a joke about it like Herobrine was removed
maybe @Psychomaster35 could talk about this , otherwise I would
Although this Herobrine had his CRT to add it to the verse and no one from the Staff complained
two profiles should probably be deleted, as Herobrine is not original to either verse, making this an unofficial crossover. Basically fanfiction.
I really don't think so, this herobrine doesn't even have the same story (He himself denies the story that he is Nocth's brother or a demon) and his name is not Herobrine but Jimmy just that the people started to call him that, and remember the picture of Herobrine on that hill? in the verse it was not really herobrine, was Pacheco who travel in the time to an old version
Honestly both of these verses are probably viable for deletion, but that'd require a whole CRT.

I have already treated Pacheco Cara Floja (Verse) in a QnA and a discussion here and it has been accepted by the staff that they should stay

About AvA you would need to make a CRT

Slenderman isn't public domain. The profiles we have of him are either officially licensed (the game duology, the Sony movie) or merely based on him -- specifically to avoid copyright (Windigo, Marble Hornets).

Herobrine isn't any different. Neither of these verses got permission to use the character
Huh I didn't know that about Slenderman isn't public Domain, anyway, Microsoft claims that you can create your own creation for free as long as you follow by a couple of rules that KillerCreeper55 follows.

Like using the ©️ in the credits part of their books due to how companies operate and also Even in Google books Pacheco Cara Floja books are protected by DRM and has ISBN

Slenderman isn't public domain. The profiles we have of him are either officially licensed (the game duology, the Sony movie) or merely based on him -- specifically to avoid copyright (Windigo, Marble Hornets).

Herobrine isn't any different. Neither of these verses got permission to use the character
You said it yourself, Slenderman isn't public domain. However, Herobrine is different, for we have no knowledge if he is copyrighted by anyone. For all intents and purposes, he is public domain.

But if you can prove otherwise, then he is still not a part of Minecraft, and thus doesn't fall under crossover rules.
Aaaand if it's copyrighted, we'd have to know if they actually added it without holder's blessing.

There is precedent to fan material being used for a legitimate verse: Firstly, being explicitly recognized or incorporated into canon would in theory retroactively incorporate previously established materials as canon, or secondly the license for the given verse explicitly allows for-profit spinoff material to be written for the verse.

In this instance, it seems that the verse in question itself largely seems to fall outside of either of these, as it lacks the strong foundation and incorporation of a verse in a similar camp, such as Red vs Blue. I'd be alright with deleting the entire thing, and even moreso Herobrine- although Herobrine can indeed be (theoretically) written into a verse due to a lack of a copyright or trademark surrounding the character; said work would simply have to either not be otherwise Minecraft related, or follow the aforementioned criteria.

I took a look at the movies profiles of the LOTR characters here, here, here, here and here. And in my opinion theses are really, really bad.

The only AP justification is a common calc in Gandalf's fight against Dunir's Bane, no LS classification and the Smaug speed calc is just the same one from the book version (Although there could be a discussion if the world map is the same between canons)

So yeah, IMO theses are up for deletion

I took a look at the movies profiles of the LOTR characters here, here, here, here and here. And in my opinion theses are really, really bad.

The only AP justification is a common calc in Gandalf's fight against Dunir's Bane, no LS classification and the Smaug speed calc is just the same one from the book version (Although there could be a discussion if the world map is the same between canons)

So yeah, IMO theses are up for deletion
What? These seem fine. the 'problems' you have in these pages can be fixed with a CRT. no need to delete them...

What? These seem fine. the 'problems' you have in these pages can be fixed with a CRT. no need to delete them...
Well, this is what deletion discourse has devolved into, unreasonable requests to nuke perfectly fine pages just because they don't meet one user's impossible standards.

Back