• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iji Revision

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Iji! A shockingly well-crafted and clever indie game. It’s difficult to really praise the story without spoilers (so let it be known that it is really good and really ahead of its time, not only a really good narrative on any level but one that takes advantage of the medium in ways that I genuinely don’t think were ever done at the time), but even the gameplay is really expertly made, with a skills system similar to Deus Ex but arguably much more successful and with even better replay value. And it’s free!

Anyways, if you couldn't gather, I'm revising it. Profiles here, too many changes to cover but I think it's all fairly intuitive. One thing of note is that I think the Komato Empire's profile might have to get deleted, since it's pretty poor quality, and I didn't gather info to revise it (because it wasn't on the verse page, thus I didn't even realize it existed until I was almost done), and doing so again would essentially force me to re-read the game's entire script, which I am not willing to do. That's all, have a good day.

Last edited:
Uh... I guess? I'm kinda reluctant to go with mecha destruction feats as scaling to the people inside, it's not like Tor is gonna take the full force of it if he's properly enclosed and protected. It doesn't really make sense, either, it's not like Iji can do any relevant harm to the armor with her regular weapons. But whatever.

I didn't calculate the destruction of the Annihilator itself for that reason, since it'd shield him, but since Tor is a lot closer to the epicenter of the blast than the ground that was shattered + I doubt the explosives were just strapped to the outside where some lucky shot could hit them, which means the explosion probably had to destroy just as much mech going outside as it did going inside, I think it's fine. I'd still ignore the feat if he was just a normal dude, but given he's a Komato with a Nanofield I feel like it makes sense IMO.

... You COULD just scale it to his nanofield, then, and not his base durability.

I can agree to that, but she still shot through that, so it'd scale to everyone but him (Unlike Iji's, Tasen/Komato Nanofields recharge, not to mention his Nanofield would probably not be magnitudes better than other Komatos' given that the technology is thought to have hit a roof where going beyond it kills the user, which is why Iosa is so notable)

Last edited:
I dunno if she did, he was helpless and also completely defenseless by choice.

He's helpless cause he's wounded and unarmed (and probably realizes that even if he weren't he'd still get destroyed) but it'd probably still be up at least when she chooses to kill him, which is immediately after the fight, at that point he is begging for mercy and all that, so I figure he's probably not fully cool with dying yet. I guess we couldn't really know but again Tor's Nanofield likely isn't and quite possibly could physically not be magnitudes stronger than an Annihilator's or an Assassin's, and she can punch through those.

Last edited:
Ok so Prom and I talked off-site, so I'll touch up AP justifications and downgrade speed to what it currently is (She very fairly pointed out that Iji probably shouldn't fully scale to Asha given he can dodge literally anything she does and just chooses to get hit cause he's a dumbass)

Last edited:
alright gonna like, apply this if some green/yellow can delete the komato army page that'd be awesome

Back