• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Far more potential for more stuff to be added, this is an irrelevant point to bring up.

On the contrary, I think the possibility of 200 more pages being added if something to worry about once the page starts getting bloated, not when there's only 7.
This is short-sightedness
Can everyone who lists themselves as a supporter confirm they're familiar with all the mythology ever?

Talking about page creators, not the supporter list.
Can the page CREATORS confirm this then? And no you said viewers, so the assertion very well is suporoters.
One rule, which is general wiki rule.

A "general wiki rule" which only applies to and governs these sorts of pages.
Acknowledge the Marvel/DC rule page, and while we're at it the singular rule for music videos as well as Location files and Team format too, why do they not share a verse page? Exception to the former, all have a minor number of files.

We just don't do this grouping for anything else, except maybe other immensely outdated verses.

And in general what is your assertion? If I just not link my page on the verse, I am exempt from the rules then? It's entirely irrelevant.
Exaggerating as all hell.

"Detriment" is not an extreme word, y'know. It's pretty mild, actually.
It's not even mild, you're stating what is at best a minute annoyance, as a legitimate complaint. It's irrelevant, it's negligible, it shouldn't have been brought up.

If a piece of literature isn't notable or long enough to stand on its own with its own verse page, I don't think it really needs a page.

Like Journey to the West isn't even on the Epic Literature verse page, but it counts. I think if people want to make pages for characters from old timey literature they should make verse pages for them.

An example would be Jason and the Argonauts. We could make a page for the verse but only feats from within the book would scale. So Heracles in the tale wouldn't have his feats from outside the story.

1. I'm not suggesting something that'd apply forever. We won't be hurt by splitting it into multiple verse pages when there's 30 pages linked than we have been for having them together for 5 years until now.

2. I think you're expecting a future that won't actually happen, it's not short-sighted to say "it probably won't get bloated, so we shouldn't bother splitting it", it's just having a different prediction of the future.

Can the page CREATORS confirm this then? And no you said viewers, so the assertion very well is suporoters.

I said contributors and viewers. Meaning page creators and casual visitors. You then posited a group in between the two; supporters, and asked if they were familiar with every piece of mythology ever. From a glance through the edit history, there seemed to be some names popping up across multiple pages for substantial edits. And for viewers, I'm talking about casual audiences reading the pages, not supporters who are already knowledgeable on the series.

Acknowledge the Marvel/DC rule page

A pretty large section for two completely separate verses with a huge amount of pages.

and while we're at it the singular rule for music videos as well as Location files and Team format too, why do they not share a verse page?

All of those are often a part of a wider verse which does not have those things for every profile.

And in general what is your assertion? If I just not link my page on the verse, I am exempt from the rules then? It's entirely irrelevant.

?????

1. I'm not suggesting something that'd apply forever. We won't be hurt by splitting it into multiple verse pages when there's 30 pages linked than we have been for having them together for 5 years until now.
We won't be hurting if I am literally offering to make verse pages for them now then.
2. I think you're expecting a future that won't actually happen
Demonstrate why? Because otherwise it's a hypothetical assertion with no objective grounds, and in fact I can attribute pages getting **** all assertion because they're in a verse page that isn't even named after the source, and we deadass had to discover it by mere accident to know about it.

I said contributors and viewers. Meaning page creators and casual visitors. You then posited a group in between the two; supporters, and asked if they were familiar with every piece of mythology ever. From a glance through the edit history, there seemed to be some names popping up across multiple pages for substantial edits.
Some, not all, many of those are very well general edits. This is improper linkage.
And for viewers, I'm talking about casual audiences reading the pages, not supporters who are already knowledgeable on the series.
This is an entirely undemonstratable point, hence irrelevant.
Acknowledge the Marvel/DC rule page

A pretty large section for two completely separate verses with a huge amount of pages.
Arbitrary distinction.
and while we're at it the singular rule for music videos as well as Location files and Team format too, why do they not share a verse page?

All of those are often a part of a wider verse which does not have those things for every profile.
They do.

?????
Don't think I'm being vague.

These are mostly irrelevant, unprovable or just poor points altogether. I genuinely can't answer much to them because like, there is nothing to answer, you're just saying hypotheticals like they'd 100% happen.

We won't be hurting if I am literally offering to make verse pages for them now then.

Organisation/discovery-wise, I mean.

Demonstrate why?

Because the verse page has been around for 8 years and now only has 7 pages.

Arbitrary distinction.

If you think "These hundreds of pages should not be on the same verse page due to having different publishers, worlds, and continuities" is arbitrary, then most things about indexing fictional characters are. Physics does not have an equation for splitting verse pages.

They do.

I am very confident that the vast majority of verses with location/team profiles also have pages which aren't location/team profiles. I am highly confident that there is at least one verse on the wiki which incorporates both music videos and another medium for their profiles.

you're just saying hypotheticals like they'd 100% happen.

There is not a huge amount of room for discussion if I can explicitly say "This may happen one day" and have you read it as "This will 100% happen".

Organisation/discovery-wise, I mean
It doesn't have proper discovery
Demonstrate why?

Because the verse page has been around for 8 years and now only has 7 pages.
Null context of it having 60 pages until last year, great.
Arbitrary distinction.

If you think "These 1000+ pages should not be on the same verse page due to having different publishers, worlds, and continuities"
Last three points EXACTLY APPLY to mythology.
They do.

I am very confident that the vast majority of verses with location/team profiles also have pages which aren't location/team profiles.
There are still many which don't.
I am highly confident that there is at least one verse on the wiki which incorporates both music videos and another medium for their profiles.
Prove it's a substantial amount.
you're just saying hypotheticals like they'd 100% happen.

There is not a huge amount of room for discussion if I can explicitly say "This may happen one day" and have you read it as "This will 100% happen".
You have not once said "this will happen one day" with respect to the assertions I claim are a 100%, and even then you're reliant on getting upset over minor hyperbole on my part which, it's you being unreasonable.

So yeah there isn't a huge room for discussion indeed, if you misassociate everything I say and attempt to nitpick it.

I feel like at this point this isn't very well suited to the profile deletions thread, so I've left a response on your message wall.

(I meant to post this message a few hours ago, but I forgot, whoops)

Plain terrible. Also AP issues

Bad

bad

Bad. Also 9 appearances, tho fairly important. I could recreate it sometime, but definitely not any time soon
Bump

^ there is really no harm in having an excess of profiles, the website simply exists to document tiers so accuracy takes priority over relevance

Relevancy is a matter to some degree, otherwise we'd be indexing random nameless game NPCs that scale to "universal" feats, for instance.

Plain terrible. Also AP issues

Bad

bad

Bad. Also 9 appearances, tho fairly important. I could recreate it sometime, but definitely not any time soon
I suppose that this is probably fine, but somebody would need to remove all links to them from our other regular wiki pages afterwards.

The grouping's good; there's only a few different works involved, and they all share commonalities in contributors, viewers, and rules. I think it'd be a detriment to split it up.
I am inclined to agree with Agnaa, as it is far less convenient to not know which members to call for to help with mythology-related threads.

Due to their very short appearances in their respective series I don't believe these profiles should be kept.
That isn't something we actually delete for. A character which is mentioned once in one line of text in a side-chapter and does literally nothing the entire series (second key here) was discussed, and allowed to stay. This is something that's been discussed a fair few times, with the conclusion that it's not a reason for deletion as long as the profiles have some unique/notable feats. You should not create 200 different 10-B profiles with no abilities for every NPC with a line of dialogue. Since those pages were deleted so quickly, I wasn't able to see whether they fell into this or not.

I am inclined to agree with Agnaa, as it is far less convenient to not know which members to call for to help with mythology-related threads.
I literally can try contacting every single member currently listed on the supporter list wrt a profile and I get responses of "I only care about these select mythologies"

It's the most disingenuous supporter list on the wiki, and only serves to waste time with fixes.

Hugely lacking page ^

Some users had already deleted some profiles for something similar in the past. I thought it was a rule or something. However, most of the monsters I marked for deletion are featless. The only exceptions are Giant Electric Eels and The Thing, as the first destroyed part of a mini-submarine and the other was eating a man alive. If we are to keep characters with feats, then we should keep both....
I restored the pages in question.

I literally can try contacting every single member currently listed on the supporter list wrt a profile and I get responses of "I only care about these select mythologies"

It's the most disingenuous supporter list on the wiki, and only serves to waste time with fixes.
I suppose that it a good point.

@Agnaa @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Damage3245

What do you think?

Hugely lacking page ^
I deleted it.

Contacting people on the supporters list to seek help for revisions isn't the best idea. Just because you support something, doesn't make you an expert to participate in revision threads. I myself am a fan of Pokemon and Power Rangers (for example) but that doesn't automatically make me an expert on the entire franchise. I've only watched the first 2-3 season of Pokemon and watched bits and pieces of different PR series.

This is exactly what the Knowledgeable Members List is for, and we should encourage more people to sign up to it and rely on it more for CRT's.

We don't just have to contact supporters; neutrals or even opponents can still help out to balance out the bias over expertise tradition. But I agree with Colonel that Knowledgeable Members lists should be updated more often than not.

As for the debate about the verse's deletion, I might as well agree with Agnaa for now but I could be swayed if I see some other/better reasons and possibly those other verse page drafts.

Knowledgeable page has some issues. Can never edit it on any device, no matter how high the ram and other specs are. It freezes and then book, crashes.

As for the debate about the verse's deletion, I might as well agree with Agnaa for now but I could be swayed if I see some other/better reasons and possibly those other verse page drafts.
What even is Agnaa's point you agree with? If it was the supporter thing you agree with, I addressed it, and if it was the ONE, SINGULAR RULE that was common that deserves to group every single mythology page in existence ever onto a si gle page, why oh why can't it jist be in the Editing Rules, and that's the end of that?

There isn't a justification, there is no precedent, this is exceptionally arbitrary grouping of an ENTIRE GENRE OF MEDIA onto a single verse page where more often than not, NOBODY CAN EVEN FIND THE PAGE.

I don't have to give better reasoning OR any drafts, the reasoning to keep it is irrelevant and we don't do it for anything else on the wiki that is an active verse.

Knowledgeable page has some issues. Can never edit it on any device, no matter how high the ram and other specs are. It freezes and then book, crashes.
Hmm. That has happened with other very large wiki pages for several members after Fandom's recent system updates.

Maybe we could start a wiki management forum thread in which our members ask others to add them to the Knowledgeable members list, both due to this and due to that they recurrently seem uncertain if they are allowed to do so?

In the meantime, you can click on the edit buttons for the smaller sub-sections in the page one at a time, and see if that works instead.

Hmm. That has happened with other very large wiki pages for several members after Fandom's recent system updates.

Maybe we could start a wiki management forum thread in which our members ask others to add them to the Knowledgeable members list, both due to this and due to that they recurrently seem uncertain if they are allowed to do so?
What do the rest of our staff members here think about this?
In the meantime, you can click on the edit buttons for the smaller sub-sections in the page one at a time, and see if that works instead.
@Confluctor

Okay. No problem. Please keep us updated regarding how editing sub-sections worked out.

Well, our members are supposed to add themselves to the list if they genuinely know an awful lot about a certain verse, but they seem reluctant to do so on their own.

Well, our members are supposed to add themselves to the list if they genuinely know an awful lot about a certain verse, but they seem reluctant to do so on their own.
These conditions seem a bit vague to me. It sounds like the sort of thing where someone could misinterpret it or be a bit wary about the idea that they might not actually be knowledgeable enough.

Unfortunately yes, but I don't know how we can possibly get futuristic brain-scanners that evaluate this kind of thing, so we have to hope that most of the people who add themselves have sufficient common sense to gauge whether or not they are genuinely knowledgeable.

It isn't like they have to know everything about each verse, just enough to be able to competently help out with content revision threads about them.

Only one of the ratings is backed by calcs, the rest seems to be based on nothing as far as I can see
Various other stuff isn't calced, lacks scans and so on
@Robot972 could try revising the verse

Stats are bad, no scans and the respect thread that is linked isn't that good

Thank you for keeping an eye out for pages with guesswork statistics. I think that it should probably be fine to delete the Kat page.

Back