• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way Blackcurrant, don't take this as offense to you. This is just an indictment of the profile, nothing more.

It ignores any actual fights in the verse that Hinata was in to sub in guesses, while using volleyball moves as combat feats, despite Hinata not always having a volleyball or Kageyama around for his moves, since spiking requires a setter to set the ball. Aka, taking stuff out of context.

Seems like a CRT someone needs to make in that case. There are no rules against his profile and it needing minor changes doesn't justify deleting it. Unless a mod decides to of course. No offense taken at all. I like to argue about stuff like this. Sorry if I am coming across as aggressive.

Jackythejack said:
Are you going to imply a volleyball player is 10-C, then? Because I find that hard to believe. You can still knock someone out with a punch in the real life. I'm sure that's a reason why he's not Athelte level and just human level.
He's 160 cm and is nowhere near on par with his taller peers or an adult. His one fight got him KO'ed by a senior in one punch, in which he uses zero volleyball moves. He's not a good profile and definitely not a fit for this wiki.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Seems like a CRT someone needs to make in that case. There are no rules against his profile and it needing minor changes doesn't justify deleting it. Unless a mod decides to of course. No offense taken at all. I like to argue about stuff like this. Sorry if I am coming across as aggressive.
Equally bad profiles have been deleted despite popularity, so why keep it? There's no reason for it at all.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. If a character is impossible to find matches for there isn't much point in having it in an indexing site for battles. If we are an indexing site for fictional characters in general, him having a profile shouldn't be a problem. The profile being bad is another issue.

This thread is getting derailed to oblivion. I will delete the profile to put a stop to it. It isn't that important.

Anyway, this is an indexing site first and foremost, fighting capability has no bearing of whether or not a profile should stay. The techniques that need more than one person can be removed, it's no big deal. The profile is actually pretty well made.

I haven't seen an actual reason why the profile needs to be removed besides "I don't like it, it should go".

Ogbunabali said:
Anyway, this is an indexing site first and foremost, fighting capability has no bearing of whether or not a profile should stay. The techniques that need more than one person can be removed, it's no big deal. The profile is actually pretty well made.

I haven't seen an actual reason why the profile needs to be removed besides "I don't like it, it should go".
Other than not following the rules and guidelines? Last I heard, that was important in making profiles. And there hasn't been an argument for keeping it other than "I like it/I just glanced at it for 2 seconds".

We now have at least 66 posts about one unimportant page in the entirely wrong thread for such long discussions. Let's immediately drop the issue please.

I have deleted the page. The statistics were very unreliable.

That seems to fall outside of our accepted guidelines.

Well, I suppose that it can probably stay then, but I would prefer more staff input.

There is really no story in the song

It talks about how you see him then you remember a folk song about him

The only real feat or power the song confirms is his durability since he got hit by a car. The rest of the things like "should you see the horror of the blue man's smile, your sweet soul he will defile" really doesn't mean anything and the thing about the blood can just be from the shock of it and not some supernatural reason.

Also no the story is your encounter with the blue man and remembering a song your mother taught you about staying away from the blue man

We preferably want characters to come from actual stories, yes.

However, we are currently revising our standards, so I am not sure about the current exact Editing Rules specifics.

Paul Frank said:
The only real feat or power the song confirms is his durability since he got hit by a car. The rest of the things like "should you see the horror of the blue man's smile, your sweet soul he will defile" really doesn't mean anything and the thing about the blood can just be from the shock of it and not some supernatural reason.

Headless: Have a Respect Blog on it. Ik the soul thing means nothing, but when it is constantly said he causes fear it likely means something. Also it says his smile causes those who see it to have thier brain rot away. Powers.

Also no the story is your encounter with the blue man and remembering a song your mother taught you about staying away from the blue man

Headless: That is a story though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back