• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not mind if we keep it.

Well, that would have to stand for him then. With such a large staff, absolute consistency is near impossible.

Antvasima said:
Well, that would have to stand for him then. With such a large staff, absolute consistency is near impossible.
That doesn't mean that we should strive to lack it, however.

No, obviously not, but our rules do not explicitly forbid such profiles. They are just rather pointless.

I thought there was a guideline that a character had to be able to fight?

The Player (Pixel Gun 3D)

Already gave the creator the source code and notification to not post unfinished files. I can't delete them though.

I don't believe profiles with valid statistics reasonings like it were ever removed.

If anything, they were removed for guess work justifications or extremely bad profiles formats that didn't follow the Standard Format for Character Profiles

The AP and durability is guesswork without listing any feats of combat he has, and techniques that are basically volleyball moves and require a partner that do little to no damage to anyone in the verse save for little kids, and is only done in matches, not fights. This isn't a valid or an acceptable profile in any way unless you like making one off pages without a verse just to make pages for the wiki. It should be deleted.

Well, if the page uses guesswork, that is a different issue.

I made some Ben 10 profiles when I joined, which got deleted for being terrible despite being popular characters. And this page is just as bad, it is from a sports manga with little fighting to the point that a volleyball is somehow considered a weapon by the profile maker, in a verse which has no problem dealing with volleyball hits. Despite there being a combat feat which has no value beyond Human level.

It should be deleted, and there is agreement for not keeping it.

Yeah I brought up Thomas already. For some reason he is differen't apparently. Even though this guy would beat him in a fight lol.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Yeah I brought up Thomas already. For some reason he is differen't apparently. Even though this guy would beat him in a fight lol.
Hinata can't even beat up his own peers and somehow that's enough to use him in a fight? And make a terrible profile with guesswork and adding stuff that makes little sense with context? Doubt profile standards are that low.

RegisNex1232 said:
The AP and durability is guesswork without listing any feats of combat he has, and techniques that are basically volleyball moves and require a partner that do little to no damage to anyone in the verse save for little kids, and is only done in matches, not fights. This isn't a valid or an acceptable profile in any way unless you like making one off pages without a verse just to make pages for the wiki. It should be deleted.
So now you need to prove a regular human is regular human level. I'll keep that in mind.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Well he would beat Thomas in a fight lol. Should we delete Thomas as well? I didn't make the profile.
An overall terrible profile has no reason for being kept, and pointing to other profiles doesn't change the fact that this one has little evidence and uses moves out of context for no reason. "Wiki standards are pretty bad since X profile is here, therefore keep it" isn't good enough when it doesn't pass some of the basic guidelines.

I'm confused, though. How is it a bad profile? The techniques...maybe? I call it iffy on the techniques but that can be fixed.

How is it terrible? he's a regular human and he has regular human AP. What part of his profile is guesswork?

I said previously personally I think it should be deleted because he would be impossible to find matches for because he can't fight. My point is there is no rules against profiles like this and we have other profiles that are similar.

Jackythejack said:
I'm confused, though. How is it a bad profile? The techniques...maybe? I call it iffy on the techniques but that can be fixed.
It's a volleyball move that needs at least one other person and can't be replicated by himself. Aka, missing the context.

And the techniques can be fixed. Just a simple mistake shouldn't be enough to delete the profile. If that's your only argument than it shouldn't be reason to delete the profile. Just fix it and call it a day.

Given that it ignores the parts where Hinata gets into a fight and does basically nothing against his peer and ends up KO'ed by one punch from his senior, it's basically subbing in guesses for feats. How is that good profile making?

Are you going to imply a volleyball player is 10-C, then? Because I find that hard to believe. You can still knock someone out with a punch in the real life. I'm sure that's a reason why he's not Athelte level and just human level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back