• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is a thread to report profiles and pages, that users come across, that are sorely lacking in justifications, have poor formatting, are almost empty of content, or are otherwise unacceptable by our wiki's standards.

Please report any such profiles to this thread to see if the profiles are liable for deletion, or if they can be revised with help from the staff or regular members.

It should be noted that while regular users can report poorly made profiles, or make a quick note that they are able to help out with fixing a faulty page, only staff members are allowed to discuss whether or not they should be deleted, as othervise this thread would quickly turn unmanageable from the sheer number of responses.

However, if you would like to contribute to the conversation, please leave a message on a staff member's wall.

Note: It is highly recommended that all staff members subscribe to this thread, by clicking the "follow" button in the upper right corner of this post.

Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2745112

Weaknesses

Apologies if I've got our policies wrong but i do not think a page like this, which would affect our standard format for profiles, should have been made without getting a sufficient amount of approval from the staff and community.

It should be named Weakness instead of Weaknesses, and I don't think there's nothing wrong with the page; but I definitely agree that it should have been discussed with staff first. And that someone could implement a script. But might need to be deleted for now.

Edit: Forgot Weaknesses instead of weakness is what's said on Standard Profile format; so nvm that bit.

It was titled "Weaknesses" to fall in line with the standard page format.

The creator made the page after making this thread about making the page.

A thread which reached no conclusion about making the page. If there actually was approval from bureaucrats and other members I wouldn't have suggested a deletion.

I deleted The Player and Weaknesses pages.

Firebreather (Image Comics)

Idk if it's strictly deletion worthy but everything here is an unknown and the file is just generally really barebones.

This page is poorly formatted (grammar errors, names it's verse as its own name (aka. It called the Verse the name of the player which is wrong.), and held a lot of lack of spacing, Periods instead of commas. Ect before I had changed it a bit ago)

Poor reasons to justify certain things and break vs wiki rules on lasers (justifying FTL for a laser that has 0 reasons to be light speed)

And people of the page keep changing it to FTL spite the rules clearly saying it wouldn't be. And it not even being their page originally. They reuplaoded After it got deleted (with some edits). Needs to be deleted and either no page on it, or redone by someone who can do the proper formatting and justifying feats

The Player (Sunset Overdrive)

Um, Ant. Please restore that page. The page is literally fine and ButterSamuri was refuted and debunked about the "inaccuracy" of the page in a thread. He cannot delete a page because he personally disagrees with the stats. If it needed to be corrected in small things such as grammar just please contact me.

The page was made very, very late so of course it had some mistakes out of the context of being made by a very tired person. Not to mention the very base of that page was poor in quality and I didn't even initially post it.

Edit: Worded that poorly. I wasn't the original creator of the page.

Having an excuse for the page being bad doesn't change the fact that the page is bad. That's a mistake many people make in life, explaining why something went wrong doesn't fix the thing that went wrong.

Also, kept breaking the rules by having FTL when there's a page that talks about lasers needing proof to be light speed. Even after being fixed multiple times. Several problems with that page. And it isn't even all your work. A lot came from the orginal person who had the feats. And just simply didn't know how to link them wnd worded poorly, (which is why I was working on the page. Like removing FTL and fixing grammar issues They wanted my help since I've made pages before)

The page will likely be remade after it's given correct formatting, justified feats, and correct category

The "excuse" is just saying it can be fixed for proper quality. I understand it's somewhat poor quality but the examples you gave are not neccesarily a big deal. Capitalizing of the world "level" and a single category is something that is classified as a minor edit. Your comparison is just sort of wrong too. Your comparison of life and the page implies that it cannot be fixed just via explaining, that is misinterpreting what I was trying to explain for. My explanation was to not only was bad, but was saying why it can easily be fixed. It is not so bad that it has to removed. I understand there can be pages that would take far too much work and couldn't be fixed, but I was explaining why that'd be easy to fix along with reasons for poor quality. Not merely the latter.

Good thing I at no point said it couldn't be fixed; I'm just saying that page is bad, and that's why I agree with it being deleted, this "can't be fixed" argument was entirely made up by you.

Buttersamuri said:
Also, kept breaking the rules by having FTL when there's a page that talks about lasers needing proof to be light speed. Even after being fixed multiple times.
Several problems with that page. And it isn't even all your work. A lot came from the orginal person who had the feats. And just simply didn't know how to link them wnd worded poorly, (which is why I was working on the page. Like removing FTL and fixing grammar issues They wanted my help since I've made pages before)

The page will likely be remade after it's given correct formatting, justified feats, and correct category
The lasers follow the light beam guidelines. You'd have to explain why they don't and prove they do not follow the rules listed here. And what does it all not being my work matter? Multiple people can work on the page. You removing FTL was not justified and your debunk was "they are not light speed and this has to be proved" despite you not explaining why, it was explained to you why it was FTL. You kept repeating yourself on that point and resorted to just having it outright removed it seems

Because

1. When pages are posted with bad formatting. They are typically removed. That's just how it works

2. You kept breaking a rule with speed even after it had been fixed to follow the proper rules of lasers and how they work in fiction.

3. It will be posted again when it is made into better quality.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Good thing I at no point said it couldn't be fixed; I'm just saying that page is bad, and that's why I agree with it being deleted, this "can't be fixed" argument was entirely made up by you.
Haha, good thing I never said you said that. I said it was an implication of your comparison. If that's not the case your comparison then holds no weight and rules that completely irrelevant.

I don't need to prove they aren't light speed. What needs to happen is you need to prove They are. Without any proof that follow the guidelines, which say that they can't be light speed. you were breaking the rules. I changed it as I was someone who was asked to work on it by the maker. That's why I kept editing it. Now drop the conversation. As this isn't the place to be arguing

Buttersamuri said:
Because
1. When pages are posted with bad formatting. They are typically removed. That's just how it works

2. You kept breaking a rule with speed even after it had been fixed to follow the proper rules of lasers and how they work in fiction.

3. It will be posted again when it is made into better quality.
1. Already explained that this could easily be fixed and it was not bad to the point of deletion. It wasn't even technically bad formatting, it was merely grammar and capitalization

2. Yeah this ignores my previous point. You broke the rule of editing the page to say possibly higher when the lasers outright follow all of the rules of those seen as lightspeed and are shown to be much faster and more instant than anything else in the game. You had no right to edit it and again, it has been explained to you why it was FTL. Stop ignoring this.

3. Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back