• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah glyph creation seems really specific. Why not just say what a character can use their forcefields for in their notable abilities.

Isn't there a character in Laxus' group in the Fairy Tail guild that uses glyphs for other types of magic as well?

Anyway, if you remove the page, you need to update all of the ones that link to it as well.

Chidaruma

The page itself isnt really that bad (Still needs a lot of work tho) but when It comes to Tier 0 pages we thend to be more restrictive about new characters in it and this guy's justification isnt even enough to warrant it.

I think a staff would be more suited for the case, I dont even know how we rate Tier 0s after the whole High 1-A vs 0 thread, but even the explanations in the part below just make him sound 1-A at best.

i taked to the creator of the profile he is going to change it to 2C until he finds scans for tier 1 so could you not delete the profile

Yeah it doesnt warrant deletion, just that those stats need some good backup scans to aid in his rating.

But I dont know If we have a thread for those cases so this is the closest thing I found

The profile is of rather poor quality and seems unreliable. We should probably remove it.

No, I mean a thread dedicated to check recently made or outdated profiles, creating a single content revision for a character made a day ago or forgotten for years would never bring enough attention for good input about it.

Also RIP another Tier 0 (1/12/2018 - 1/12/2018).

I usually delete profiles like this in order to maintain a higher overall quality in the wiki.

Azathoth also seems to consider this a bad profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Chidaruma

He said the stats are unjustified but I don't think he said anything about this needing to be deleted.

Firepheonixearl has been creating a lot of pages related to a verse that seem very, very wanked.

This one literally says:

"Wielders of these cards are pretty much unbeatable since the moment the match starts; it doesn't matter if you are faster, stronger, smarter, or just plain more powerful; all are under the influence of the Divine Design. Each wielder is pretty much God as long as they are in their territory.

Is that not NLF? How is a Low 7-B summon unbeatable? Another ability listed is: Sleep Manipulation (Can put anyone in a sleep closest to death). Really, anyone? Even people who can go without sleep? What about a robot?

Lots of things related to the abilities are unsourced too, especially for an obscure verse. I just think it needs a look at.

Well, I think that he has been discussing the profiles with other members in a Getbackers revision thread before adding them, so deleting them seems exaggerated, but you could talk with them about getting rid of the hyperbolic language.

@Prof The sleep manipulation is honestly just semantics

I guess the wording can be changed at places but there is nothing to delete here.

@ProfessorLord

Hey now, no need to be rude, as the creator, you can ask me about that stuff. But i'll answer here if that's ok. About the divine design, that is pretty much true: "Anyone is pretty much unbeatable" (though i guess i could change to "pretty much" with "virtually"), though that is just the summary and it would be true in most in verse cases as if you've read the whole page it says "the world is entirely under the user's control" including laws, perception, what's real and what's not etc. If you hit them they'll just appear somewhere else, or make some powers not work etc. It's the same as the reason characters can have stuff like "x ability makes her virtually impossible to kill", even on 3D characters. That doesn't mean it's NLF as, we'r not counting potency in them, just an overall idea.

About sleep, i don't even get that tbh. I mean the cards can put someone in a sleep closest to death (as stated directly in the manga), and characters who can't fall asleep OFC are excluded. The exceptions aren't included in a description, same as how all character who have Soul Manipulation don't have a description like (Can manipulate the souls of anyone except those who lack a soul).

Though it is pretty rude to ask for the profile's deletion especially when you could have messaged me, ask in this thread, or even come to the Q&A thread i did especially since the verse is new, so next time, pls do message me, or ask in either of the threads for clarification.

Spin Dash

This seems super specific.

Spin dash users isn't even a category, and regardless of a bunch of people having it it seems bizarre to have a page for just a technique.

Damage boost isn't nearly as specific as spin dash. Damage boost is actually super broad. A lot of stuff can damage boost. Danmaku is more a category of attack as well and generally more relevant than "Character can rotate while attacking". Its the sort of thing that belongs in the notable abilities and techniques.

The time powers should probably be under time manip and just have the profile specify what they do with it in parentheses tbh.

Except Danmaku is more relevant to combat than mere rotation. Being able to restrict movement and spam fire at your opponent is something more relevant to know about the character's abilities than the fact that they can rotate to attack.

A vague secondary application does not make the technique more broad, being able to bend the body and then throw it at superhuman speed in a realistically impossible manner is something notable.

But if it's about relevance? What about any of the verse-exclusive abilities that were given the OK?

Chartate101 said:
Speaking of which, why is Time Stop a thing when its just a type of Time Manip
Every ability could be broken down to a type of plot manipulation/reality warping.

I think that we should keep the time stop page and am neutral about spin dash, but if we remove the latter, somebody needs to update all of the pages that link to it.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Damage Boost and Danmaku have actual relevance in battle. A character having danmaku can make a match, due to how powerful a technique it is. Meanwhile Spin Dash is literally just spinning while attacking.
This might seem ironic given the name of this wiki...but I don't think a power's significance in combat should be a factor for disallowing it.

I think spin-dash can stay. Ability pages don't have to be super broad concepts, they should exist to let people know what kind of abilities a character has, even if they are pretty specific and niche.

Yeah it should stay tbh. We have multiple powers like that that are nigh-specific for 1 verse, like Haki for example or the power from Tower of God forgot the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back