• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Precog vs Mind haxs

Shulk can probably take this with Monado Arts and Precog. How fast could Anakin pull off mind manipulation? Unless he can do it incredibly quickly, Shulk will more than likely win.

4 feet away? Shulk foresees the mindhax, and most likely does something before then. Voting for I'm really feeling it

Shulk foresees the mind hax and then gets mind haxed. Unless he has thought based stuff that I don't know about, I don't see him preventing it.

We've seen early game Shulk see into the Late Game, which while unknown how long it has been would be at least a week.

Oh, wouldn't the confuse gem that Shulk has cover that? In other forums it was agreed to be a way for him to resist mind hax.

if the millions your talking about is the number of people then, at this point it should be planetary resistance.

Skill sees the mindhax and does something before hand

Said this fails because Shulk has zero thought based abilities to really tag Anakin, who counters using his own Precog

And Anakin thinks at him, bypassing his resistance to mind manipulation which isn't on his file.

Precog doesn't mean much if you can't do anything.

Mind explaining how Anakin bypasses the resistance? Is it resistance negation or his mind hax having a much higher scale then planetary resistance?

Also Shulk's profile is a bit outdated, like Alvis there were abilities and resistances agreed upon but were never added for some reason.

Ah, I see. Also may I ask. Can you please give me some examples of Anakin starting with his mind hax. After some researching I couldn't find anything and kept finding Anakin running Lightsaber blazing even against simple criminals.

Ah, I see. I can see this going inconclusive then as rather Shulk will manage to pull off a Precog/Purge after getting a Vision and taking advantage of the information given or Anakin will eventually use Mind Hax to end it all together.

Well, Purge is strange. It is kinda what the users wants it to be. When first used by Alvis it was a physical attack, then Shulk used it both as a projectile in game and as an AOE in cutscene. Shulk can simply just swap to the AOE version if he wants to hit Anakin especially if he manages to land one of his status effects like Bind.

Purge

And to answer Weekly's question, when hit Purge inflicts paralysis, power null and perception manipulation all in one. Basically it can end the fight very easily.

Anakin would be left with no abilities and no senses ( if he resist paralysis I don't remember ) giving Shulk a massive advantage in their fight.

JoshSSJGod said:
And to answer Weekly's question, when hit Purge inflicts paralysis, power null and perception manipulation all in one. Basically it can end the fight very easily.
Anakin resists all of those via Force Reistsance

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_resistance

This says otherwise as it does and I quote Force resistance, sometimes called Force immunity and Force shield, referred to several applications of the Force used to defend against Force powers. Shulk's abilities are not based off the force and therefore are not counted towards what the description talks about.

Can Anakin Precog someone with Acasuality Type 2?

He doesn't get that until his endgame key

Even if you wanted to do that even with the many issues that would arise with how the Monado works compared to the force (Jedi Master Shulk :U ), it would still not cover Power Nullification.

The Force immunity of a Sentinel, once mastered, could afford them absolute, passive invulnerability to powers that induced fear, disorientation, loss of senses, and even outright paralysis.

All of the mentioned immunities are directly manipulate someone's emotions, senses or physical state. Power Nullification would directly effect Anakin's connection to the force itself which itself is possible due to Anakin not having complete faith in the force unlike Obi-Wan. Another note is that if this you want to have the Monado's abilities = Force powers then it becomes possible for Shulk to basically act like a Ysalamir and with Shulk's precog allowing him to look into EVERY possible future it would be reasonable for him to know he could do it.

Force Resistance grants a blanket resistance to all powers accessed through the force, which includes power nullification as dampen force and sever force are resisted

Again, the Force and Monado work very differently and according to the Verse Equalisation this would not be allowed meaning that the Force and the Monado's abilities would be considered completely different things.
Equal

I'm going to have to ask

Why is this relevant when Monado, a projectile, has to hit Anakin?

You may have missed it Schnee but Monado Purge can be an AOE which would drastically increase his chance of hitting along with other factors in play such as bind for example so that Anakin has to stay in place or reducing Anakin's stats while buffing his own. Shulk's passive precog also allowing him to take advantage of any openings Anakin will make also helps.

Anakin sees it coming and dodged it or redirects its path using the force

Can't abuse an opening when there isn't one, especially when the opponent can win with a thought and you can't.

Anakin's precognition is not perfect as shown in his many battles such as his defeat by Count Dooku, his defeat by Obi-Wan or the many other occasions when he has been hit or straight up failed to prevent it from happening such as failing to protect Padme but instead sealing it. This is compared to Shulk who's precognition again sees ALL possible outcomes and gives him the knowledge of what's to come with 100% accuracy. Anakin can also have a harder time due to Shulk's buffs and debuffs as it would become harder and harder to keep up.

Finally, Anakin's Mind Hax =/= his precognition as while both are force powers they are still different skills and require different sets of skills. E.G Force Precognition's effectiveness increases depending on the user's faith in the force like Obi-Wan for example.

Back