• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Precog for DBS Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
The Precognition page states - "Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation"

Goku states - "I quickly predict how your movements will be after 0.1 seconds of time."

Screenshot (655)

Screenshot (656)
Screenshot (657)

Imho, Goku should get Precognition (can predict opponent's movements 0.1 seconds before they happe)

I think it's more he's placing a good prediction as to where Hit's attack is going to hit as opposed to knowing before hand via precognition. I believe he states Hit's hand-twitches gave it away.

EDIT: oops, forgot to read the definition... well, as I said, I believe he states Hit's hand-twicthes gave it away, so... perhaps.

" I believe he states Hit's hand-twicthes gave it away"

No, that was Dyspo.

Yes, Goku was just predicting Hit's movements but that falls under precog according to the definition.

I think this is more of a intelligence feat (A fantastic one, considering what 0.1 seconds is in MFTL+ speeds) than an ability.

Yeah, it is. Goku used his intelligence to predict but it falls under a certain category too so I thought it's worth mentioning in his page.

This is pretty similar to the precog that we give Garou, who analyzes his opponents fighting style movements. It's basically the same thing here, Goku simply analyzes his opponents attack pattern and uses that knowledge to anticipate their next attack. It's pretty similar to what he did to Dyspo.

Though a major weakness to this is that he needs to a) see his opponents movements (so if they blitz, his pseudo-precog is useless and b) he needs to fight them for awhile in order to analyze their fighting style, so if they have some kinda hidden power that's haxy or invisibility, then he's still screwed.

Just my two cents

Just gonna say that a lot of people get precog for reasons like this (just bad precog).

Either way, I added it to his intelligence section.

What PTSOX said. It still classifies as precog and other characters also have it listed. So it's kind of an ability of Goku which is a direct result of his intelligence, and which Vegeta doesn't have.

Thanks Promestein for adding that to his intelligence section.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Though a major weakness to this is that he needs to a) see his opponents movements (so if they blitz, his pseudo-precog is useless and b) he needs to fight them for awhile in order to analyze their fighting style, so if they have some kinda hidden power that's haxy or invisibility, then he's still screwed.
The first limitation about blitzing is already mentioned in Precog page.

• While precognition can often amp users' reactions and help them fight faster opponents, it has very little use against a sufficient enough speed blitz, as even if they know what move will be thrown towards them, they'd be too slow to do anything once it happens
I guess the second limitation can also be mentioned.

Is that a weakness? It seems more like an exploit. The fact that it has those limitations is obvious.

"Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation"

Yes, I think the definition makes it clear that the second limitation is obvious.

Just something that should be pointed out in vs debates. I can kinda see this getting wanked in any match he's put in if this accepted.

People will wank Goku no matter what we do. That shouldn't discourage us from putting his page to the same standards in terms of accuracy and what counts as whatever power as the rest of the wiki.

I think we should have it as limited precognition, and link to this thread to reduce wank as much as possible.

Nobody else who has precog for things like this has a "limited".

Or we can just give a good description and shoot down wankers in threads.

It just says Battle Precognition.

Er... At least Madara in a previous version, I guess.

"Precognition (can predict opponent's movements 0.1 seconds before they happe)" or something to that effect should take care of all the wank imo.

Also, when Garou, Toriko and several other characters already have similar precog and Goku's precog matches the definition of precog almost word to word, I see no reason why this shouldn't be listed.

Omimi said:
@DMUA

unlike goku

Madara/sasuke has the ability to see the near future image
The way the Sharingan (However you spell it, I dunno) has been described to me is that it reads muscle movements to make split second predictions of what they're going to do.

So I guess this can be added...

Interesting. Even more consistency behind it.

Whis had a statement about Goku in his fight with Caulifla and Kale(before fusing) that implied that Goku was capable of calculating things like the distance between him and his opponent to quickly and accurately predict their actions before they do them, and this was as he was bashing on Caulifla for being a savage brute before she evolved to Goku's level of skill.

Yes that too. So there are a lot of instances of Goku successfully doing so. Against Beerus, Dyspo, Caulifla and a much more detailed explanation for it against Hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back