• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance Extreme Heat And Extreme Cold for DBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

One day, Goku was visiting King Kai's planet. He says he wants to use the Dragon Balls to bring King Kai, Bubbles and Gregory back to life, who have been dead for a long time. King Kai is moved and hugs Goku. Goku borrowed Bulma's Dragon Radar and quickly collected seven balls. Then, he summoned Shenron. There are two wishes that can come true. Just as Goku was about to make his wish, 18, Master Roshi, Oolong and others appeared. They end up arguing about whose wish will come true. The Pilaf gang also seeks opportunity in the shadows. In fact, Bulma also has a secret wish that she wants to fulfill...

According to Wikipedia, the temperature of the Earth's core, between the core and the mantle, is estimated at around 3700°C, and can reach 4000 to 6000°C in the inner core.

In the DBS Broly novel, the same thing is mentioned that Whis said to Goku

「ほほほ。宇宙空間はもっと寒いですからね」

"Hohoho. It's even colder in outer space"
Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus,@Dereck03 ,@SwordLegendz01 ,@Excellence616 ,@Boyinluv2002 ,@Magicomethkuon ,@StekFence,@Vietthai96,@Shiraito983,@TWILIGHT-OP,@Killerdrone123,@Nullflowerblush, @TauanVictor,@Ednaxel2,@LordGriffin1000,@UchihaSlayer96,@CryptonBestDbFan,@AwkguyDB

Last edited:
Didn't DBS characters already have this listed under their resistances to harsh temperatures, heat and cold? Either way I agree, but it seems better to just expand the pre-existing resistances with these feats if they are better than current ones. Than adding them as separate things.

What exactly is being proposed? Is this for angels?
Cold and heat resistances to Dragon Ball characters, starting with Whis and Beerus, this should escalate to other characters, such as Majin Buu, Moro, Merus, angels, Gods of destruction, and Gas, among other characters that can withstand high temperatures such as these.

Hm, Goku requiring an insulation suit to traverse the core of the Earth brings his current Resistance scaling into question. That's for another thread, though.
I agree with the proposals.

Outer space stuff is a no-no unless they stay there for like, half a day, that was already settled in a site-wide CRT recently. But like, that already grants radiation resistance.

Extreme heat resistance comes from the RoSaT and Goku surviving re-entry, which can take you to temperatures hot enough to melt iron in seconds, and will easily exceed the lava-dipping feat that Goku and Broly did in DBS.

Last edited:
Also, I'm still confused as to why people conflate resisting extreme heat to "Resistance to Heat Manipulation"

Heat Manipulation is the control of the temperature values. Resisting it means you can resist your body temperature value being controlled. Most of the time it's resisting side-effects of said temperatures, not resisting the actual temperature number value going up or down and forcing it to remain constant.

So it should be this: Resistance to Extreme Heat (Where the Extreme Heat links to Fire Manipulation, because let's face it, at that temperature stuff will spontaneously combust into flames or violently explode solely because molecules are being made to move faster to an absurd degree).

Outer space stuff is a no-no unless they stay there for like, half a day, that was already settled in a site-wide CRT recently. But like, that already grants radiation resistance.
Yes, I think that's the goal with Whis' statement that the temperature in outer space is colder than in the polar ice caps which makes Whis feel like the temperature in that place doesn't matter anything. With some characters capable of traveling in space and surviving there, should we still follow the standards set in that thread?

Heat Manipulation is the control of the temperature values. Resisting it means you can resist your body temperature value being controlled. Most of the time it's resisting side-effects of said temperatures, not resisting the actual temperature number value going up or down and forcing it to remain constant.

So it should be this: Resistance to Extreme Heat (Where the Extreme Heat links to Fire Manipulation, because let's face it, at that temperature stuff will spontaneously combust into flames or violently explode solely because molecules are being made to move faster to an absurd degree).
I think almost no one does this. Whenever I see temperature resistance on wiki profiles, it's because I'm in very high or very low temperature environments.

Also, I'm still confused as to why people conflate resisting extreme heat to "Resistance to Heat Manipulation"

This is actually a mistake I've been meaning to fix on a few profiles I know.

As for the OP, it looks alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back