• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Training Saitama upgrade

He's now put at Wall level at the moment, but I found proof that should put him above. When Saitama fought Crablante, he survived serious angry strikes and then managed to kill him. Then I saw this https://2.bp.blogspot.com/M9uCeWjpm...?title=MTk0LjEyNi4xNC4xMDE=004_1491384288.png

Here it states Crablante or any Tiger level monster is the equivalent of an A class hero. I compared that to the weakest A class hero on this site, Mustache guy with the swords, and he is 8-C (building level). So in conclusion Saitama should be raised to that level. Plus Pre-Training Saitama and the Road to Hero Saitama are around the same level, leagues below current Saitama. So I think it makes sense that he gets an upgrade. And while we're at it my boy Crablante deserves an upgrade too.

ONE states Saitama basically got lucky by exploiting Crablante's weakness.

At most he might have 8-C durability.

Even better. Saitamas durability is far above what we initially believed and crablante is more terrifying than we thought. Let's hope they get the upgrades.

Crablante can probably be upgraded, but if the untrained Saitama simply used hos weak spot, it probably does not directly scale to him.

What about Saitama's durability? He took serious clean shots from Crablante, so I believe his durability at least should be increased.

Do note that the page does not say that a Tiger level = A-Class. Just that, on average, a single A-Class is enough to handle a Tiger level threat. Its enough to put him above a wolf level scaling wise, but I don't know if that's for sure a 8-C justificstion.

Qawsedf probably has a better sense of judgement than I do regarding this.

Just a an example, in the page itself it shows DSK in the one S-Class section. But DSK fought and beat 3 S-Class level oppoents back to back. So the page is just "On average a single A-Class can reliably beat a Tiger level threat" or "On average one S-Class can beat a demon level threat".

Okay. So what do you suggest that we should do here?

So Crablante is getting raised to 9-A then? Or are we rescaling Wolf level monsters to 9-A? The thing with DSK where he fought 3 S class heroes just means that Crablante could have been trouble for 1 or even 2 A class heroes. 8-C sounds reasonable for Crablante imo.

I suppose that "At least 9-B, likely/possibly 9-A" seems to make sense then. What do you think Qawsedf?

Could it be possible to calc the KE of that wave?

That monster is the "messenger of the Sea folk" and he was the first to arrive. So I don't think he's receiving help to make the wave.

9-A is kinda underwhelming when you take Spring Mustachio and Golden Ball into consideration. They're both 8-C and A class, and Crablante is Tiger level, meaning on average an A class hero should be able to stop him. I'm just trying to make sense of it.

Crablante could be seen as a "baseline tiger" in the same way people see Bakuzan as a "baseline" Dragon. I guess. So that would mean he's not as strong as say Kombu Infinity or Sludge Jellyfish.

We have no proof that he isn't as strong as them seeing as he didn't fight any heroes at the time. And I'm comparing him to the weakest A class hero who is 8-C.

We have no proof he's as strong as then either. He exists in a vacuum in terms of power scaling. The most you can do is scale him to Saitama (which is 9-B) or scale him to the messenger, who due to size, is either 9-B or 9-A. He lacks the evidence for 8-C barring future B-class scaling.

I think that Qawsedf seems to make sense.

The evidence is being Tiger Level. Wolf levels are 9-B, they scale with the C class heroes. Tiger level needs 1 A class. A class are 8-C. If Crablante was Wolf level they would have put him so. But he is Tiger level. Sounds like an unnecessary nerf putting him at 9-A. And you're scaling him to a 12 year old Saitama by saying he's wall level. We're talking adult Saitama, and Tiger level monster. Why would 1 A class hero be equal to 1 Tiger level monster when at the same time you wanna put Crablante, a TIGER level monster, on the same tier as C class heroes? Doesn't make sense at all.

Why would 1 A class hero be equal to 1 Tiger level monster when at the same time you wanna put Crablante, a TIGER level monster, on the same tier as C class heroes?

They aren't equal. Snek, the weakest A-Class, could one shot a tiger that when grouped up with two other tigers made a Demon level threat but struggled (in a flashback) fighting a single tiger level. But another higher A-Class gets beat on by Marshal Gorilla. Stinger solo'ed dozens if not more Tiger level threats on his own while two other A-Class failed to take down Kombu.

Not all tiger threats are equal in power, the OPM disaster levels are just general threat ratings rather than power levels. Without solid evidence the most you can say about Crab is that he's above a wolf-level threat and is capable of fighting B-Class people. But wolfs only have 9-B feats and B-Class (besides Blizzard who intentionally doesn't rank up) also only has 9-B feats.

There's just not evidence for a 8-C upgrade since for all we know Snek could just casually one shot him in a fight. Your best bet is to try and get a rating for the Messenger Seafolk and go from there.

Bruh you're overanalying things. That was just one case of Snek doing his thing. This manga page was showing us each monster rank and an example of a monster in said rank. Why would they put Crablante in Tiger if he was so weak and could be one shot by an A rank hero? Does that make sense to you? You're overthinking it. And the difference between Snek and say Stinger, is a whole tier. That said, Snek would be more on the level of Spring Mustachio and Golden Ball, who are both 8-C. I doubt a 9-A hero can be an A class. What you're saying is just meaningless.

Because Tiger means that on average you need to send out multiple B-Class or one A-Class. There are tigers capable of being stomped by Snek and are capable of stomping him. The only metric to go from is being above wolfs, which isn't tier 8.

Listen, you're overthinking the small details. They put Crablante on the Tiger level panel just to tell us he is Tiger level. You're diving too deep into this, this is Boros planet level all over again. Let's look at it from the perspective of ONE and Murata. They wanted to talk about tiger level monsters, so they drew Crablante as an example of Tiger level. There is no one shots, there is no "this monster is low tier Tiger", none of that stuff. Just plain and simple Tiger level monster. Now you just wanna argue and nerf him because you wanna overanalyze something like this, when in reality it's so simple and put right in front of you that he is in fact a Tiger level monster, not low tier Tiger, not high tier Wolf, just plain and simple Tiger. And he's equal to 1 A class on average. An average A class like Golden Ball or Spring Mustachio. Like Deep Sea King. He was gonna lose to Genos if he wasn't distracted, and the battle was a close call. Because Genos in terms of power is pretty average for S class. OK? It isn't that hard. There is no "he was low tier Tiger" or any of that crap. Otherwise they would have put some other monster when they showed that panel. Now please, stop overanalyzing and just go with the source that is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. This isnt Boros, or his alleged star busting attack, this is Crablante with the proof right in front of you plain and clear. Tiger level, A class hero, 8-C.

It's very straight forward. He has no feats or statements scaling him to 8-C. All he has is being above any single B-Class and any wolf class due to his threat rsting. So find a 8-C feat from one of them and I'm fine with upgrade, otherwise the most I see is "At least 9-B, possibly 9-A".

Also he isn't equal to an A-Class. His rating means that, estimated, one A-Class is enough to handle him. Stinger one shotting a bunch of tigers is an example of the estimation. For all we know there's an equally valid chance any A-Class one shots and he doesn't scale. There's no evidence currently that would place him at Tier 8.

Just because a monster shares a disaster level doesn't mean they're on the same level.

Look at Gouketsu vs Bakuzan. Look at Kombu Infinity fighting A class heroes vs a tiger level that gets one shot by Snek or the Boomerang guy from the disaster level chapter.

Compare Awakened Cockroach to Armored Gorilla or base Mosquito girl.

It seems safest to go with Qawsedf's suggestion.

Qawsedf234 said:
It's very straight forward. He has no feats or statements scaling him to 8-C. All he has is being above any single B-Class and any wolf class due to his threat rsting. So find a 8-C feat from one of them and I'm fine with upgrade, otherwise the most I see is "At least 9-B, possibly 9-A".
Also he isn't equal to an A-Class. His rating means that, estimated, one A-Class is enough to handle him. Stinger one shotting a bunch of tigers is an example of the estimation. For all we know there's an equally valid chance any A-Class one shots and he doesn't scale. There's no evidence currently that would place him at Tier 8.
Stinger is clearly above the rest of the other A class. Him, Iaian (and the other sword guys) and Sweet Mask are on a different level from the A classes. Of course they could one shot Tiger level monsters.

And as for you asking for a feat, sure thing. Here is a B class that is 8-C https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_Mizuki

and there's Fubuki who is B class and 7-C. And didn't she say she was not good enough for A class?

So there's your feats proof.

Back