• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-revival Meliodas vs the commandments question

When estarosa stopped meliodas' revenge counter, where was it said that it was his commandment that allowed it?

Reason I ask is revenge counter seems more like a devastating physical move and there was no form of resulting mayhem from his attempt to attack(And meliodas has shown ranged influence with just physical attacks no magic).

Not to mention that meliodas knew those commandments better than anyone and even if estarosa surprised him, his training just prior to control his hatred should not have caused him to be affected by the commandment since he wouldn't even slip up to show any at that point.

Lastly meliodas' technique "Counter Vanish" works by using the hand to completely dispel magical attacks while estarosa is the physical version to meliodas. Estarosa did use his hand to stop meliodas' entire move.

I wanted to moreso suggest, unless someone can provide where it said estarosa's commendment caused it, that estarosa used counter vanish to negate meliodas' revenge counter from working.

I've always wondered about this too, i mean, if it was because of the commandment then it would mean that Meliodas never felt hatred in the entire fight and only started to do so the exact same moment Esta decided to place his hand on his sword, it sounds strange.

Another thing is when Esta uses his commandment on Ban and the others, they are completely affected by the decree even though Estarossa himself is standing a few meters away from them,meaning he doesn't need to be close to someone to affect them but Meliodas instead was only stopped when Esta moved in front of him and blocked the attack by himself.

Back