• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman speed and those who scale to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
All the feats in his speed section are of flying, why does he have a special rating for flying through time?
All of his speed feats linked on the page are flight feats as well, if we assume it is just a power thing and not pure speed why even give the rating to begin with?

The feat(s) are clearly just Superman going fast enough to be Immeasurable, it def should scale to his overall speed, or if we're worried about scaling be "Immeasurable at max effort" idk

Agreed, I’ve always thought that the “by flying through time” stuff was dumb. “Immeasurable at peak” should work.

I don't really like "at peak" because that implies it's something that they can't always pull off while honestly it's a pretty casual feat for pre-crisis super-people.

Yah stuff like this (Action Comics 311) is just extremely casual from what I've come across
I think just Immeasurable works

Btw just to further add to how it should be immeasurable
The first MFTL+ feat we link on his page is also what we link for one of his time travel scans so that just further shows why it's beyond weird to just have a special rating for time travel

Sorry. Maverick had already responded here.

Yes, he has not had any fights at immeasurable speed as far as I am aware.

Our profile doesn't even list any combat feats, it is literally all flight feats so idk how this is an argument
Superman can clearly operate just fine under immeasurable speed and he gets into them easily

I guess I'm neutral, but I'm fine with this if most people agree. I feel this scaling is gonna bite me in the ass sooner or later but that's irrelevant.

Last edited:
Well, we cannot scale this to post-Crisis characters who have not demonstrated such a scale of power.

I think that's a given
This change is only to Superman and those of similar speed to him like Supergirl

Anyways if no one objects can we start editing the pages or?

I think we need to find examples of his immeasurable flying speed scaling to his combat speed as well, and then compare it with any anti-feats he might have.

At that point you're going for the throat of MFTL+ as well
I'm pretty sure 90% of Superman/Adjacent characters is in fact flying while they maneuver as well

This is Pre-Crisis so good luck finding any anti-feats that aren't like, Athletic Human or something

Idk, I'm just here to point how the current ratings didn't make sense within the page
If you want to downgrade them I think it is better left for another thread
Imo this thread can be closed by now

Isn't it better to handle this revision in the same thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back