• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pralaya vs. Perpetua

Catalyst75

The longest serving member
Given the recent changes to the cosmology of DC Comics, how would Pralaya measure up to the first creator of the DC Multiverse, particularly since Mxyzptlk emphasized that only Perpetua and her sons could access the Sixth Dimension?

The avatar of Pralaya gets beaten down as she sounds to be only Bleedspace level, full powered probably is leagues above Perpetua as Lucifer/Endless/etc stuff exists beyond the source wall multiverse and sees it and everything outside it as fiction.

Everything you said is working on assumptions that, I presume, are unconfirmed at best, pure fan theory at worst.

All iterations of Lucifer and the Endless before the current Justice League storyline operated under the assumption of one Multiverse's existence - that they originate within said Multiverse (Lucifer) and that they are confined to the Multiverse (The Endless save for Death).

Only just over a year ago was the existence of a greater Omniverse revealed, but now people are starting to claim that Lucifer and the Endless are now at that Omniversal scale despite statements to the contrary.

The Endless, save for Death, won't live beyond the life-span of the DC Multiverse; Lucifer himself has talked about the existence of other Makers in the Void aside from Yahweh (the Presence).

I am correct about the avatar part. Destroying all space-time and dimensions is at most a five-dimensional feat, keeping in mind that the 6 dimensions in the DC cosmology are stated by WoG to be governing layers

I believe you are correct about that. My post was about the rest.

Speaking of, any idea how the redefinition of the Fifth Dimension and Sixth Dimension as "governing layers of being/reality" would influence the tiering of beings with access to them i.e. Mxyzptlk?

Catalyst75 said:
I believe you are correct about that. My post was about the rest.
Speaking of, any idea how the redefinition of the Fifth Dimension and Sixth Dimension as "governing layers of being/reality" would influence the tiering of beings with access to them i.e. Mxyzptlk?
I plan on Mr Mxy being High 1-B (old system). There is a quote from World's Funniest I think where he desrroyed all numbered dimensions, and there is examples of arbitrarily higher spatial dimensions in existence

I consider World's Funniest to be non-canonical, but perhaps an argument for High 1-B can be made based on the Fifth Dimension being defined as "the lifeblood" of the Multiverse, since it would be flowing through not just the Orrery, but also the Sphere of the Gods and the Monitor Sphere.

Not to mention as another realm "Beyond time and space".

Catalyst75 said:
I consider World's Funniest to be non-canonical, but perhaps an argument for High 1-B can be made based on the Fifth Dimension being defined as "the lifeblood" of the Multiverse, since it would be flowing through not just the Orrery, but also the Sphere of the Gods and the Monitor Sphere.
Not to mention as another realm "Beyond time and space".
Keep in mind, "noncanon" would mean little as 5-D imps can move across hypertime which connects all retconned/decanonized/canonized universes, multiverses, and events

And the Sixth Dimension encompasses both the imaginable and unimaginable (presumably possibilities not covered by even Hypertime).

Not to mention the implication in Superman: Rebirth that Mxyzptlk is one and the same across all possible iterations of the DC continuity.

Back