• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential upgrade of sorts for Rodan and Mothra

When Rodan fought Ghidorah, while the fight was short, the fact is that not only did he survive the fight for an extended period of time (even wrestling with Ghidorah and getting 1 or 2 hits in), but he tanked a direct Gravity Beam from the main head (which shouldn't be far below the Gravity Beam that can injure/stagger Godzilla) and was shown to be relatively fine later (when he bowed to alpha Ghidorah).

So while he shouldn't be equal to Ghidorah, I propose that we make him "At least 7-A, likely High 6-C" (as well as Mothra, since she definitely scales to him), because Ifind it incredibly hard to believe that the Mutos from the 2014 film are stronger than Rodan.

If Rodan were a 7-A, Ghidorah wouldn't have even struggled with him.

If I had to rate them, I'd rate the power difference between Ghidorah and Rodan as the same as between a heavyweight boxer vs a welterweight boxer.

So idk, is that enough to put Rodan as a low 6C? Maybe.

Last edited:
I agree with this. Ghidorah scales to Godzilla's 526 gigaton atomic breath feat, which is well above baseline High 6-C (very nearly at the halfway point), so monsters such as Rodan and Mothra can downscale a decent amount and and still be within the range of High 6-C. I find this to be a better option than only scaling them to 452 megatons for Mothra's God Rays feat and putting them at being about a thousand times weaker than the likes of Ghidorah, which doesn't line up with Rodan being able to put up even a short fight up against him.

Plus, numerous other Titans such as Scylla, Behemoth, and Methuselah are also already scaled to High 6-C, through either harming Godzilla or scaling to monsters who can, so it seems consistent that non-alpha level monsters are still at least somewhat comparable though inferior to alpha-levels such as Godzilla and Ghidorah.

I agree with this. Ghidorah scales to Godzilla's 526 gigaton atomic breath feat, which is well above baseline High 6-C (very nearly at the halfway point), so monsters such as Rodan and Mothra can downscale a decent amount and and still be within the range of High 6-C. I find this to be a better option than only scaling them to 452 megatons for Mothra's God Rays feat and putting them at being about a thousand times weaker than the likes of Ghidorah, which doesn't line up with Rodan being able to put up even a short fight up against him.

Plus, numerous other Titans such as Scylla, Behemoth, and Methuselah are also already scaled to High 6-C, through either harming Godzilla or scaling to monsters who can, so it seems consistent that non-alpha level monsters are still at least somewhat comparable though inferior to alpha-levels such as Godzilla and Ghidorah.
Not gonna lie, I was actually inspired by Goji Center's video on Rodan vs a Male Muto (Spoiler: Rodan wins in a one-sided match).

But seriously, no way is Rodan 1000x weaker than Ghidorah. He survived a head-on Gravity Beam and actually knocked Ghidorah downwards with his attack(s).

What's the gap between a low 6C and high 6C?

Is it more than double? I'd say Ghidorah is twice as powerful as Rodan.

Enough to stomp, but not enough to completely no sell.

Scale them below the norm for Monsterverse High 6-C and that's that. No need for "possiblies". This isn't pokemon or some anime where one chatacter can randomly punch another and ruin the scaling. Rodan fought Ghidorah and only lost after some time. Mothra only died to a boosted Ghidorah's combination of gravity beams after Mothra was exhausted during the bout with Rodan.
This suggests that we should scale them to High 6-C with no need for 7-A

Scale them below the norm for Monsterverse High 6-C and that's that. No need for "possiblies". This isn't pokemon or some anime where one chatacter can randomly punch another and ruin the scaling. Rodan fought Ghidorah and only lost after some time. Mothra only died to a boosted Ghidorah's combination of gravity beams after Mothra was exhausted during the bout with Rodan.
This suggests that we should scale them to High 6-C with no need for 7-A
Do they just scale below the 526 gigaton value for Godzilla-tier people?

Or do we backscale them to Baseline High 6-C (100 gigatons)?

I support the former a bit more but I can go either way.

Doesn't “downscaling" give a “at most" rating or am i wrong?
No. An example of At most being used is the currently accepted and soon to be applied pokemon scaling.
Everyone downscales from rhyhorn who is shown to be very strong but never outright superior to unevolved pokemon. He scales to 1.45 megatons and the rest scale to around ~1 megaton making them "at most low 7-B"

A bit late but I agree with this. Rodan survived a Several second long gravity beam and one of these was capable of staggering Godzilla after being fired on for about a second. Rodan should also scale above the Murderfish (which is a sub Titan so is below Rodan and Mothra), the Male MUTO (cos he survived a clash with Ghidorah who should be at least as powerful as the 2014 Godzilla whilst the Male MUTO was one shouted by a single swipe of Godzilla’s tail) and Warbat (was instantly taken out by Kong and was only gonna kill him by strangling him which does make him strong but not necessarily as strong as Rodan as Ghidorah is definitely stronger than Kong)

Last edited:
While we're at it, may we change Ghidorah from High 6-C to At least High 6-C?

I don't understand why he isn't already considering he is almost exactly equal to Godzilla who is only insignificantly stronger considering the two of them struck each other just as hard. Ghidorah's triple gravity beams knocked down Godzilla for a decent amount of time. That and they're stated to be equals.

Back