• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Moro and Zamasu (manga) upgrade

I always found it odd that after the B.O.G clash in the DBS manga, every other huge feat capped out at galaxy level. After rereading the manga a couple times I noticed something that I thought might worth discussing. It appears on numerous occasions, the word "galaxy" is used interchangeably with "the universe" (more specifically the living universe, nothing really indicating otherworld).
I'll post all evidence I have found indicating this.

Merus saying he's come to loving the galaxy, then switches to saying " this universe full of excitement" and asks goku to protect it ALL.
Goku then saying he made a promise to Merus to protect the galaxy, when he, again, asked goku to protect the entire universe.
Furthermore Goku said Merus wanted to protect the universe and he inherited his will, so in this case galaxy clearly means universe.
Merus saying the galactic patrol protects the universe, then saying they protect the galaxy
Jaco saying he joined the galactic patrol to preserve peace in the galaxy, goku replies "since im galactic patrol, i want to protect the peace in the universe too"
Whis saying the universe was in discord, even though it was stated Moro and his goons were only messing with the galaxy. And then after Moro was defeated, the narrator tells us that the universe was at peace again, when again it was stated was that Moro and his goons were messing with the galaxy.
Moro about to destroy the galaxy, and then its stated that they can't just use the super dragon balls to bring earth back because the galaxy was going to be destroyed, even though we know the super dragon balls exist not just throughout not just the galaxy, but the entire universe, (and potentially in universe 6 as well)
Edit: Definitely universe 6
And then the Grand Supreme Kai, after goku beats Moro, tells Uub straight up that he is the savior of the universe, when again, the statements all point only to the "Galaxy" being nuked.
Last but not least Zamasu saying he does not need this cosmos or the earth anymore, and that he was gonna nuke the galaxy.
The word cosmos being defined as, surprise surprise," the universe seen as a well-ordered whole. "(oxford dictionary).
So the Zamasu statement saying he doesn't need the universe, then threatening to wipe out the galaxy would only make sense if the word "galaxy" and "universe" is interchangeable within dragon ball, which I, again showed several examples of.

And before anyone says it, no, this doesn't mean the dragon ball living universe is 3-C, we do know that the universes contains multiple galaxies.

**IMPORTANT
Edit: Apparently the zamasu and Moro feats can be interpreted as “all galaxies” being destroyed, and not one.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/official-translations-requests-thread-new-forum.107531/post-4292634

Why does this matter?
Potentially upgrades both Moro's and Zamasu's nuking feats to 3-A
Depending on the context, this may upgrade future "galaxy" busting feats within dragon ball, to 3-A and not 3-B.
Anyone who scales to or above them also get upgraded (off the top of my head, Goku, Vegeta, Granolah, Jiren)

EDIT:
Agree: God900, FluffyCreatureZ, Nierre, Spinoirr, KingTempest, Orange, Bernkastelll, EmilioRory10, AwkguyDB, jjvvb, Rabbit2002
Neutral:
Disagree: Hasty12345, StekFence, QuasiYuri, KingPin0422

Last edited:
But if Zamasu is upgraded, then full youth restored Moro would also be 3-A, not having to wait for his Planet form to be 3-A.

Yeah his planet form would be a supporting feat, Also Beerus and Champa were going to destroy a universe they were in until the angels stoped them so another supporting evidence

I agree. More evidence for 3-A, moro threatened the super dragon balls with his explosion, for him to be any threat he would need to destroy the universe and not just the one galaxy, since the super dragon balls are scattered across 2 universes, it will be of very low probability that one of the super dragon balls would be in the 1 of the billions of galaxies in even just one universe.
Another piece of evidence is that beerus and champa are stated universe busters, and belmod scales to them who jiren scales above, so anyone scaling above Jiren would also be a universe buster.

Another piece of evidence is that beerus and champa are stated universe busters, and belmod scales to them who jiren scales above, so anyone scaling above Jiren would also be a universe buster
I remember that they were downgraded from 3-A to 3-B, becouse people were quite iffy if both were able to perform the feat individually on the manga thought.

If the world galaxy and universe are interchangeable, it somehow leads me to believe that the translation might've made a mistake, turning "galaxy" to a "universe" and vice versa.
anyway I agree

LeSupremeking

Well, actually, Zamasu's statement indeed can be taken as 3-A.

We know that the very meaning of "Cosmos" is Universe, and later on he says that "he is gonna wipe the Earth along with the Cosmos".

"Along with it".
Which clearly means, that he is not only 3-B, but 3-A with that statement, he was clearly saying that he was gonna wipe the entire Universe with the milky way and our Planet.

LeSupremeking

Well, actually, Zamasu's statement indeed can be taken as 3-A.

We know that the very meaning of "Cosmos" is Universe, and later on he says that "he is gonna wipe the Earth along with the Cosmos".

"Along with it".
Which clearly means, that he is not only 3-B, but 3-A with that statement, he was clearly saying that he was gonna wipe the entire Universe with the milky way and our Planet.
Ye I believe Zamasu's feat hints towards 3-A

Update: I have no idea how to get ahold of the raw scans.

I will however list the chapters for the scans I used, for the people who do know how to access the raw.
Chapter 63.
54 (Last page)
65-66
chapter 6

Cosmos" means universe fam.
and most of the statements here are explicitly "destroy the galaxy", which is why it would be easier to just check the kanji

and Zamsu saying "I don't need this cosmos anymore" doesn't mean he can destroy it... especially when the next thing he says explicitly refers to galaxy.

All the other stuff about "the universe at peace" and "universe in discord" more or less don't mean anything tbh

and most of the statements here are explicitly "destroy the galaxy", which is why it would be easier to just check the kanji

and Zamsu saying "I don't need this cosmos anymore" doesn't mean he can destroy it... especially when the next thing he says explicitly refers to galaxy.

All the other stuff about "the universe at peace" and "universe in discord" more or less don't mean anything tbh
Obviously, becouse both words are interchangable in this context.

Damn, the bias against DBS manga is absurd..... 🙄

Obviously, becouse both words are interchangable in this context.

Damn, the bias against DBS manga is absurd..... 🙄
I find it laughable you're claiming I'm biased when I'm actively trying to help strengthen the argument so it doesn't rely on "ObViOuSlY iT's TrUe"

I find it laughable you're claiming I'm biased when I'm actively trying to help strengthen the argument so it doesn't rely on "ObViOuSlY iT's TrUe"
I was joking, chill 😂

That's why I put the emoji and I outlined the words. Sorry if I may sounded rude, that wasn't my intent.

Last edited:

モロを殺せば地球も消滅してしまうということです。それどころか、肥大化したエネルギが爆発すれば銀河ごと吹き飛ぶ可能性も <- Whis

もうこの宇宙も地球もいらぬ!!!この銀河ごとキサマを消してやる!!! <- Zamasu

Apparently Zamasu says "all galaxies" in the raws or something, but I cannot speak Japanese so we might need the official translator thread to have a look.

Apparently Zamasu says "all galaxies" in the raws or something, but I cannot speak Japanese so we might need the official translator thread to have a look
There is a Staff member called Seol, who is from west Japan, Imma call him now.

And again, sorry if you got offended, that wasn't my intent, so no bad vibes.

I always found it odd that after the B.O.G clash in the DBS manga, every other huge feat capped out at galaxy level. After rereading the manga a couple times I noticed something that I thought might worth discussing. It appears on numerous occasions, the word "galaxy" is used interchangeably with "the universe" (more specifically the living universe, nothing really indicating otherworld).
I'll post all evidence I have found indicating this.

Merus saying he's come to loving the galaxy, then switches to saying " this universe full of excitement" and asks goku to protect it ALL.
Goku then saying he made a promise to Merus to protect the galaxy, when he, again, asked goku to protect the entire universe.
Furthermore Goku said Merus wanted to protect the universe and he inherited his will, so in this case galaxy clearly means universe.
Merus saying the galactic patrol protects the universe, then saying they protect the galaxy
Jaco saying he joined the galactic patrol to preserve peace in the galaxy, goku replies "since im galactic patrol, i want to protect the peace in the universe too"
Whis saying the universe was in discord, even though it was stated Moro and his goons were only messing with the galaxy. And then after Moro was defeated, the narrator tells us that the universe was at peace again, when again it was stated was that Moro and his goons were messing with the galaxy.
Moro about to destroy the galaxy, and then its stated that they can't just use the super dragon balls to bring earth back because the galaxy was going to be destroyed, even though we know the super dragon balls exist not just throughout not just the galaxy, but the entire universe, (and potentially in universe 6 as well)
Edit: Definitely universe 6
And then the Grand Supreme Kai, after goku beats Moro, tells Uub straight up that he is the savior of the universe, when again, the statements all point only to the "Galaxy" being nuked.
Last but not least Zamasu saying he does not need this cosmos or the earth anymore, and that he was gonna nuke the galaxy.
The word cosmos being defined as, surprise surprise," the universe seen as a well-ordered whole. "(oxford dictionary).
So the Zamasu statement saying he doesn't need the universe, then threatening to wipe out the galaxy would only make sense if the word "galaxy" and "universe" is interchangeable within dragon ball, which I, again showed several examples of.

And before anyone says it, no, this doesn't mean the dragon ball living universe is 3-C, we do know that the universes contains multiple galaxies.

Why does this matter?
Potentially upgrades both Moro's and Zamasu's nuking feats to 3-A
Depending on the context, this may upgrade future "galaxy" busting feats within dragon ball, to 3-A and not 3-B.
Anyone who scales to or above them also get upgraded (off the top of my head, Goku, Vegeta, Granolah, Jiren)

EDIT:
Agree: God900, FluffyCreatureZ, Nierre, Spinoirr, KingTempest, Orange
Neutral:
Disagree:
This looks good to me

モロを殺せば地球も消滅してしまうということです。それどころか、肥大化したエネルギが爆発すれば銀河ごと吹き飛ぶ可能性も <- Whis

もうこの宇宙も地球もいらぬ!!!この銀河ごとキサマを消してやる!!! <- Zamasu

Apparently Zamasu says "all galaxies" in the raws or something, but I cannot speak Japanese so we might need the official translator thread to have a look.

Don’t worry, I gotchu fam. I got google translate.

Back