• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Kelsier upgrade (Secret History Spoilers)

So in the book Mistborn: Secret History, Kelsier temporarily held the powers of Preservation when he died, and kept them safe until Vin finally ascended. Just like The Lord Ruler, should we give Kelsier a Planet Level rank separate from his basic Wall level stuff? And also upgrade his speed to Hypersonic?

I doubt that it is necessary. Mistborn characters in this wiki who held the power of the Preservation shard have almost identical feats in that (Preservation) key and it might be more convinient to start any battles not with the particular shardholder but with the shard itself. I disapprove presence of Preservation shard feats in the Lord Ruler page as well. At that pace we can give any character who for example held Infinity Stones for the brief second corresponding tier. The only way it can be justified - there should be detailed explanation for any shard user feats and their current limitations. For the Lord Ruler it would be limited time and lack of experience; for Kelsier - limited capacity (unlike Vin he is unable to stand against Ruin due to him being dead, btw I doubt that it would be planet level at all); for Leras - limited application due to the shard influence and his nearly splintered state; for Vin - contrarily - not yet influenced mind and lack of experience as well.

Ah, Alright I see your point. Well if anyone disagrees with Omniik's pojnts please let us now, if not we can probalby close this after the others I've asked to respond do so.

For anything Kelsier related, I would personally wait until the Lost Metal is published, since we're still in the dark on a lot of the details.

Kelsier as Preservation is a straight downgrade from Vin, considering that the powers don't listen to him, and we wouldn't have any idea how would he act in a space without Ruin interference. That would make disscussions in that key boring and not fruitfull. A much better idea is to make a profile for Vin, since unlike Sazed she is a killer.

A new key for Kelsier would make sense if what we are talking about the powers that allowed him to make BoM, but as Dargoo Faust said it is better to wait for Lost Metal with this.

Szmiit said:
Kelsier as Preservation is a straight downgrade from Vin, considering that the powers don't listen to him, and we wouldn't have any idea how would he act in a space without Ruin interference. That would make disscussions in that key boring and not fruitfull. A much better idea is to make a profile for Vin, since unlike Sazed she is a killer.
A new key for Kelsier would make sense if what we are talking about the powers that allowed him to make BoM, but as Dargoo Faust said it is better to wait for Lost Metal with this.
Alright, The question on my mind is what would Vin's tier be? What would destroying Kedrik Shaw put her at?

Back