• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's self inflicted power null
So just change this:
Power Nullification (Chromium. Can drain the investiture out of those he touches)
To
Power Nullification (Chromium/Aluminium. Can drains/wipes/erases the investiture out of those he touches by burning Chromium and self by burning Aluminium)
Thanks. I’ll add it to the profiles for Harmony and the Mistborn. I have ideas on how to describe a lot of Metallic Arts powers within Harmony and Preservation Vin’s scope. But idk how to describe their upscaled time manipulation.

I know they exist in a natural state of timelessness. But idk when they’ve actively manipulated time. Especially when I’m getting the sense that Wayne doesn’t manipulate time in a matter that’s not “boop, all time speeds up.”

Well, I’m sure the Shards can manipulate time so that it’s “boop, all time slows down or speeds up.” I’m sure they can do it on the level of planets or stars. But do we have any quotes about Shards or weaker characters manipulating time?

Well, I’m sure the Shards can manipulate time so that it’s “boop, all time slows down or speeds up.” I’m sure they can do it on the level of planets or stars. But do we have any quotes about Shards or weaker characters manipulating time?
Whenever Odium brings Taravangian into a vision, it's mentioned that time slows down.

I'm pretty sure it's also been stated that Shards can't time travel.

Whenever Odium brings Taravangian into a vision, it's mentioned that time slows down.

I'm pretty sure it's also been stated that Shards can't time travel.
Opened up my copy of Yumi and the Nightmare Painter. Haven’t read it, but someone told me it reveals a limitation. It said that Shards can’t time travel into the past. But they can time travel into the future. There’s even math involved that says why traveling to the past is impossible.

Furthermore, we know from Hero of Ages that time means nothing to Shards. Ruin says as much. Heck, time passed in a very weird way during Vin’s first actions as Preservation. Preservation (or at least the original user) could stop planets in time if Ruin wasn’t opposing him.

At particular moments during a Highstorm, the Stormfather is so invested that he's capable of slowing down time.

"What do we do? Dalinar asked the Stormfather.
We witness. It is our duty.
We must help.
There is no help, Dalinar. He is too close to the towers interference to use his powers, and you cannot blow him free of this.

Dalinar watched, pained, the rain his tears. There had to be something. The moment between, Dalinar said, When you infuse spheres, you can stop time.
Slow it greatly,
the Stormfather said.Through Investiture and connection to the Spiritual. But just briefly.
Do it,
Dalinar said. Give him more time."
-pg. 1171; Rhythm of War

I would be willing.
I would be willing
Thank you for helping out. Feel free to collaborate to give it a try then. 🙏

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary. The Standard Format for Character Profiles page is also very useful to take a look through, and please try to otherwise avoid any spelling, grammar, or structure errors as well.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the small edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

Thank you for helping out. Feel free to collaborate to give it a try then. 🙏

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary. The Standard Format for Character Profiles page is also very useful to take a look through, and please try to otherwise avoid any spelling, grammar, or structure errors as well.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the small edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.
I've made some edits to the Mistborn characters. I'll remember to inset the link!

I think for the Harmony key, instead of "all previous abilities" it could say "can manipulate all previous abilities."

As in, he could manipulate a person's strength, weight, speed or senses. He could manipulate memories, enhance/dampen a person's mental speed, make a person more or less tired, or influence body temperature.

As a Shard, a lot of Feruchemical powers wouldn't apply to Sazed's body directly.
Any ideas on how I should word this, along with his upscaled Allomantic and Hemalurgic powers? Also what's the consensus on how I should phrase the strength, speed and stamina of Vin drawing on the Mists?

Thank you.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

There's more. I'm unsure on which tier to place Mist Vin's discussed speed, strength, and Regeneration. See first post. Though, I think you said you agreed it should be comparable to the Lord Ruler.
I honestly do not know. Can you explain further please?
And I still haven't received a reply from any administrator about this: https://vsbattles.com/threads/calculation-evaluations-new-forum.107523/post-5937266
I have asked for help from our calculation group. 🙏

Feel free to do so, but I am too distracted and overworked to evaluate this issue well, especially as I have only read the 1.5 first Mistborn books.

I honestly do not know. Can you explain further please?
So, essentially, Vin is like a Chosen One archetype; think something along the lines of Anakin Skywalker.
With just a little bit of the Mists power, she was able to easily rip free the Lord Ruler's armbraces and did it so fast that he was unable to respond with an Allomantic pull of his own to retrieve the.
Then, later on, Vin harnesses more of the Mists and faced multiple opponents that are described as just "other Lord Ruler's. Once I get home in a few hours, I can give you the proper scans and relevant book pages.

So, essentially, Vin is like a Chosen One archetype; think something along the lines of Anakin Skywalker.
With just a little bit of the Mists power, she was able to easily rip free the Lord Ruler's armbraces and did it so fast that he was unable to respond with an Allomantic pull of his own to retrieve the.
Then, later on, Vin harnesses more of the Mists and faced multiple opponents that are described as just "other Lord Ruler's. Once I get home in a few hours, I can give you the proper scans and relevant book pages.
@Antvasima He explained it better than I could. It's what I get for only reading the trilogy once, lol. I didn't even realize there was a speed feat in that moment XD

Though I have something to add. Ruin's Steel Inquisitors weren't 1:1 "other Lord Rulers." They were strong, but not as strong as Ol' Rashek. In fact, there's a limitation involved with the Steelpushing and Ironpulling that Vin did with the Mists. Allomancers with those powers, ordinarily speaking, cannot affect metals inside of the body. That includes Hemalurgic spikes and metalminds that pierce the body. No Steel Inquisitor could've done it, and I don't think Elend could've done it. Vin got close by burning duralumin with steel/iron, allowing her to tug on the spikes. But only Rashek, and Vin with the Mists power, could Push or Pull spikes completely out of bodies.

Also, she could use emotional Allomancy on Marsh despite him being pierced with around 20 spikes.

Last edited:
Okay, and how does this scale to the raw power of Rashek?

Okay, and how does this scale to the raw power of Rashek?
Sorry, I admittedly forgot about this thread.
But basically, when Vin was drawing on the mists, not only was she able to rip free his Feruchemical rings (something not even a nuke could do to the bands), but do it with such speed that the Lord Ruler was unable to react.

Sorry, I admittedly forgot about this thread.
But basically, when Vin was drawing on the mists, not only was she able to rip free his Feruchemical rings (something not even a nuke could do to the bands), but do it with such speed that the Lord Ruler was unable to react.
I forgot about this thread too. Also, please check out my page over at the Wiki! I made a blog post asking for the divine characters to have their speed increased to FTL. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Yawgmoth123/FTL_Mistborn_upgrade

Vin ripped out his atium bracers, not rings. Also I keep forgetting that Mist Vin ripping out the bracers was a speed feat. After all, Rashek has a lot of physical buffs and savant stats stacked on top of each other.

But tell me about these bands and a NUKE?! I’ve only read up to early Alloy of Law.

So what do you all think that we should do here exactly?

Last edited:
So what do you all think that we sbould do here exactly?
Simple, we should have Vin scale to Rashek; give her a Large Building, possibly City Level tier, alongside Hypersonic speed or whatever it is the Lord Ruler is rated.
Yeah it's simple. We should scale Mist Vin to Rashek. Both of their profiles are already Large Building and possibly City Level. Rashek's speed is Hypersonic+ and likely much higher, so Mist Vin's speed should be bumped to that level. Perhaps we could add some of the feats I mentioned in this thread's very first post.

Man, it's depressing that Mistborn edits are taking this long. We need more contributors.

Okay. I think that seems very uncontroversial to apply.

Kelseir also needs a preservation key
So after finally reading Secret History, I think he does need a key. However, there's not much that can be inserted about Kelsier's time as Preservation. Because of his frayed bond to the Shard and Ruin's intervention, he could barely do anything with the Shard's power. The most he did was see future possibilities, speak to Zane's mind, and briefly attack Ruin.

Back