• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
While a Building Level Harry Potter is reasonable, I and some other people I know have been discussing how Harry Potter could potentially be Small Town Level, Low 7-C. The main reasoning for this is about the specifics of the Elder Wand and its allegiance. You see, while everyone has accepted that the Elder Wand's allegiance works just like any other wand, that's not the case. On the Wizarding World website and in the words of the author herself, the Elder Wand submits itself to the wizard it believes has the most power.

We can see this here: https://www.wizardingworld.com/features/everything-we-know-about-the-elder-wand
Under the heading 'The Elder Wand decides its own destiny', the website says this:

"Mr Ollivander’s famous statement ‘the wand chooses the wizard’ rings just as true for the Elder Wand as any other. However, according to J.K. Rowling, there are some distinct tendencies in its manner of choosing: ‘The Elder Wand knows no loyalty except to strength. So it’s completely unsentimental. It will only go where the power is.’

Though any wand can potentially switch allegiance, most hold some degree of loyalty and attachment to their masters. By contrast, the Elder Wand is ‘dispassionate and ruthless’ in its need for power, forming no true bond with the wielder."

From this statement, we know that the Elder Wand submits itself to the wizard it perceives has the most power, which is important for several reasons. Not only was both Harry and Voldemort wrong about the wand, but we can also potentially scale Harry Potter to Lord Voldemort and Albus Dumbledore. Think about this: After Dumbledore dies, the Elder Wand relinquishes itself to the wizard with the most power, and since it's confirmed that Harry was in fact wrong about the way the Elder Wand chooses wizards, we know the wand did not choose Draco Malfoy.

It's common knowledge now that Dumbledore scales to Voldemort, but this new statement also means we can scale Harry to Voldemort and Dumbledore. It's widely known that in the final battle between Harry and Voldemort, the Elder Wand has chosen Harry, as it rebounds the KIlling Curse back to Voldemort. If the statement is true about how the Elder Wand chooses wizards, it means that the wand has deemed Harry superior to Voldemort, and here's where it gets interesting:

Dumbledore has a confirmed Small Town Level feat (creating the fog over London), and since Voldemort scales to Dumbledore, this would mean that Harry scales to Dumbledore, giving him a similar AP and Durability. However, I'm not done. I also want to bring up a new calc for Voldemort's speed. See:

unknown.png

I'm not sure if you guys will accept it, but that's what I thought worthy to bring up. Thanks for reading.

What is this argument for the wand not having been owned by Draco? Even the website that you link directly claims so:
"It is also possible to acquire the Elder Wand without even realising, as in the case of Draco Malfoy."
"We know the Elder Wand allied with Draco Malfoy, who disarmed rather than killed Albus Dumbledore."

You also just decided to jump over the part of what "power" is considered to be in that website:
"We know the Elder Wand is drawn to power. But what does this ‘power’ actually entail?
The emotional state of wizards where a lot hangs on a duel, that’s something different. That’s about real power and that’s about transference that will have far-reaching effects in some cases.’
J.K. Rowling, Pottercast interview, 2007
With that in mind, consider the Elder Wand’s decisions in the final two books. The stand-off between Draco and Dumbledore was fraught with emotion – Dumbledore knew he was about to die while Draco raged an internal war with his own morality. At Malfoy Manor, Draco was once again conflicted while Harry was determined to escape and finish his quest. In both scenes, emotions ran high and everything was at stake. It was enough to affect the Elder Wand, even when it was not present at the scene."

Even taking this website as gospel - which it is not, as "The Elder Wand knows no loyalty except to strength. So it’s completely unsentimental. It will only go where the power is." is not grounds for ignoring an in-depth explanation that is given in-book and never actually disproved, with this response being directly tied to the fact that most wands wouldn't betray their wielder on the fly while the elder wand would - this claim doesn't hold.

Harry Potter magic is reality warping, it doesn't even have mana to play technicalities. Weather manipulation would not be applicable, as per our standards.

Also, that speed calc is... I guess I'll have to ask why apparition is considered not teleportation? It becomes harder the longer the distance, but that doesn't mean their body is being propelled fast or something like that. It can be used inside of buildings...

"Harry knew Apparating meant disappearing from one place and reappearing almost instantly in an another, but he had never known any Hogwarts student to do it, and understood that it was very difficult."
"Maybe he knows how to Apparate... Just appear out of thin air, you know."

Regardless, cross-continental apparition is a thing, it is just more dangerous. Like, your body parts get teleported to random locations more dangerous, but it is possible.

Don't you worry though, I'll make another thread for downgrading Dumbledore's tier. It is like storm calculations, except worse because it isn't even slightly applicable to destruction and HP lacks any form of "energy" to scale the potential energy of one spell to another.

And the 8-A comes... from a spell that isn't even mentioned in the books, let alone performed? Seriously?

Last edited:
Also while I'm here

Wayy too much compositing of film and book materials on the pages as with Voldemort

We should go by what the books say instead of the movies. But anyway, I recall the real reason why Voldemort lost was because he wasn't actually worthy to wield the Elder Wand because he never actually defeated Dumbledore. I know my best memory is the movies, but I have read the books and there was an explanation. The next owner is the one who disarms the previous owner of the Elder Wand. The Elder Wand has a telepathic mind of it's own where it is connected to the owner. And it switches its owner when it feels a weapon or wand of any sort knocked out of its owner's hands by another. And the one who knocks it out becomes the new owner. It doesn't measure raw power and more so just assumes the disarmer is stronger than the previous owner. So, this detail in the movie was actually faithful to the books.

We should go by what the books say instead of the movies. But anyway, I recall the real reason why Voldemort lost was because he wasn't actually worthy to wield the Elder Wand because he never actually defeated Dumbledore. I know my best memory is the movies, but I have read the books and there was an explanation. The next owner is the one who disarms the previous owner of the Elder Wand. The Elder Wand has a telepathic mind of it's own where it is connected to the owner. And it switches its owner when it feels a weapon or wand of any sort knocked out of its owner's hands by another. And the one who knocks it out becomes the new owner. It doesn't measure raw power and more so just assumes the disarmer is stronger than the previous owner. So, this detail in the movie was actually faithful to the books.
Basically, if you disarm the wand from its user (in the case of malfoy, he knowed it out of Dumbledore's hands and picked it up), you get the wand.

Back