• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voldemort is Tier 8-A: Multi-City Block level despite never mastering the Elder Wand, the Elder Wand rejected Voldemort as its owner and choose Harry instead during their final fight, and since Harry mastered the Elder Wand unlike Voldemort he should scale to Voldemort's feat with the Elder Wand if not greater than Voldemort, especially since the Elder Wand is the most powerful wand to ever exist and wielders of Elder Wand can replicate greater feats than non-Elder Wand wielders can.

In the books it's stated that his mothers blessing empowers his wand to let him be able to match Voldermort

In fact the way he's killed in the books is his own killing curse is reflected off Harry and back at himself because of his mothers blessing as well as the Elder Wand's allegiance belonging to him

In the books it's stated that his mothers blessing empowers his wand to let him be able to match Voldermort

In fact the way he's killed in the books is his own killing curse is reflected off Harry and back at himself because of his mothers blessing as well as the Elder Wand's allegiance belonging to him
Oh okay that explains the context regarding to what happened there. So it wasn't just Harry mastering the Elder Wand, but also his mother's blessing that came into play? But still doesn't Harry have any feats with the Elder Wand or get any amps?

Voldemort was defeated via plot armor in which "The Power of Love" gave Harry some power nulling skin. And yeah, Voldemort's wand rejected him due to Harry being the true owner at the time since he disarmed Malfoy who disarmed Dumbledore and basically. Voldemort accidently killed himself rather than Harry overpowering him.

Voldemort was defeated via plot armor in which "The Power of Love" gave Harry some power nulling skin. And yeah, Voldemort's wand rejected him due to Harry being the true owner at the time since he disarmed Malfoy who disarmed Dumbledore and basically. Voldemort accidently killed himself rather than Harry overpowering him.
I think I just got a major headache reading this. 0_0

For the longest time though I've wondered why harry doesn't get "8-A against Voldemort" or AT LEAST Empowerment

For the longest time though I've wondered why harry doesn't get "8-A against Voldemort" or AT LEAST Empowerment
Because he is not empowered. Vodly dies because he tried to use the Elder wand to kill Harry, who is its rightful owner (something that the Elder wand won't do). Harry uses expelliarmus, which takes the wand out of Voldy's hands and then Harry catches it - at which point Voldy's own killing curse is now pointing towards him, killing him. Harry himself had no feats with the Elder wand other than restoring his own broken wand
Or at least 8-A attack reflection
Harry's immunity only works with Voldemort. It's not a generic protection

Actually, Harry and Voldemort are wand brothers, i.e. the core of both of their wands are feathers taken from the same Phoenix (it is in fact Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix) - that is why their wands interact strangely in the climactic fight of Book 4. Harry also basically loses his mother's protection in Book 4, when Voldemort gets his body back. He is able to touch Harry without bursting into flames

Also, @JohnCenaNation it seems you had questions abou HP's speed ratings, could you ask them here? Because it seems there's a handful of Harry Potter supporters in this thread.

Because he is not empowered. Vodly dies because he tried to use the Elder wand to kill Harry, who is its rightful owner (something that the Elder wand won't do). Harry uses expelliarmus, which takes the wand out of Voldy's hands and then Harry catches it - at which point Voldy's own killing curse is now pointing towards him, killing him. Harry himself had no feats with the Elder wand other than restoring his own broken wand
He clashed with Voldemort and matched him when he was initially resurrected at the graveyard

The entire reason he gets a new wand later is because the Core's made it so he could match Voldemort enough so that he could get away

Later when he tries to use his new wand against Harry, Harry's wand straight up overpowered Voldemorts and destroyed it

Oh right, now I just remember! I found the following speed feats and calculations from a different website:
-Oj7jn_hORgVSWDNlbOXZXDJ6mn9WawLcXx8n7dBDlnCvEG9sWesHx0JLfDw-GznXoLMP9NUoA14zKd-I2Tx0PHpERnCDDcMj-O1ZH3A43PDSbbA8b9AIsj_YMEtkuc-QZ_G6ZgV

Voldemort flying from Austria to Britain in a short time which is calculated at High Hypersonic+ speed.
unknown.png

Voldemort's Apparition feat which is calculated at Massively Hypersonic speed.

How legit are these speed feats?

He clashed with Voldemort and matched him when he was initially resurrected at the graveyard
That happened because both of their wands contain feathers from the same phoenix as their cores
Later when he tries to use his new wand against Harry, Harry's wand straight up overpowered Voldemorts and destroyed it
If you're talking about the time when Voldemort chases Harry on the way to the safehouses in book 7, that's actually Voldemort breaking the wand he borrowed from Lucius by forcibly trying to use powerful magic. In Harry Potter lore, the wand chooses its owner, so borrowed wands don't work

Finally, in the last confrontation, Voldemort has the Elder wand while Harry is actually its proper owner

That happened because both of their wands contain feathers from the same phoenix as their cores
Yes, and it allowed him to match him
If you're talking about the time when Voldemort chases Harry on the way to the safehouses in book 7, that's actually Voldemort breaking the wand he borrowed from Lucius. In Harry Potter lore, the wand chooses its owner, so borrowed wands don't work
No, Harry's wand destroys it
Finally, in the last confrontation, Voldemort has the Elder wand while Harry is actually its proper owner
He actually states in the final confrontation
But what does it matter? Even if you are right, Potter, it makes no difference to you and me. You no longer have the phoenix wand: We duel on skill alone ... and after I have killed you, I can attend to Draco Malfoy....

Which is more evidence pointing towards Harry's wand allowing him to match Voldemort, or at least not allowing Voldemort to Harm harry should their spells collide

I'm sure this qualifies for something

Yes, and it allowed him to match him
because of a shared property of their wands, not power
No, Harry's wand destroys it
As far as I remember, it was mostly due to Voldemort forcing his wand
He actually states in the final confrontation
But what does it matter? Even if you are right, Potter, it makes no difference to you and me. You no longer have the phoenix wand: We duel on skill alone ... and after I have killed you, I can attend to Draco Malfoy....
He was simply mistaken there. He thought Malfoy was still the rightful owner when it was actually Harry (because he had disarmed Malfoy at some point before the final fight). Harry doesn't tell Voldemort that he is the rightful owner

because of a shared property of their wands, not power
Yes but that shared property allowes them to match each other despite the power difference. Thats what I'm getting at
As far as I remember, it was mostly due to Voldemort forcing his wand
No, Harry's wand acted on his own and destroyed it

However this was before Vold got a chance to attack now that I'm remembering it clearer
He was simply mistaken there. He thought Malfoy was still the rightful owner when it was actually Harry (because he had disarmed Malfoy at some point before the final fight). Harry doesn't tell Voldemort that he is the rightful owner
This is referring to his old wand

I don't think this can be applied, because Voldemort and Harry Potter were spiritually connected throughout the series and it just doesn't allow them to scale normally. The Elder Wand is actually a good argument in favor of raising Harry's level, because you correctly pointed out that it is the most powerful Magic wand. I think any owner of it should nevertheless scale up to the top of the verse.

Oh right, now I just remember! I found the following speed feats and calculations from a different website:
-Oj7jn_hORgVSWDNlbOXZXDJ6mn9WawLcXx8n7dBDlnCvEG9sWesHx0JLfDw-GznXoLMP9NUoA14zKd-I2Tx0PHpERnCDDcMj-O1ZH3A43PDSbbA8b9AIsj_YMEtkuc-QZ_G6ZgV

Voldemort flying from Austria to Britain in a short time which is calculated at High Hypersonic+ speed.
unknown.png

Voldemort's Apparition feat which is calculated at Massively Hypersonic speed.

How legit are these speed feats?
I don't understand at all why wizards still have such a low speed if lightning spells and similar flights are demonstrated many times in the verse, an example of which you provided. Moreover, the rest of the wizards should scale up to such feats

Back