• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Chainsaw Man Scaling Crisis

It is still simply an chainsaw. You need to apply the force of your arm for it to cut something, there is no absurd difference of strength. Literally in the same fight Denji damages Makima with a normal kick, without any chainsaw
You clearly do not understand how chainsaws or bladed weapons in general work, to begin with, if you can even make this argument.
I counted 13 attacks
Referring specifically to the ones that landed on his torso in the last sequence.

You clearly do not understand how chainsaws or bladed weapons in general work, to begin with, if you can even make this argument
Yeah no, thats not an argument. The fact that a chainsaw can cut by itself doesn't mean that the user doesn't need to apply physical force. A chainsaw doesn't cut a tree standing still. And are you going to ignore that Denji literally kicked Makima?
Referring specifically to the ones that landed on his torso in the last sequence.
And then you realize that Denji took a direct punch to the face without much damage. If you received an attack from a being capable of destroying your torso in less than 5 strikes to the face, I'm sure you would not only bleed a few drops of blood.

Also This:

Power can withstand a shoot from Makima, but the Zombies can harm her albeit to a much lesser extent.

Yeah no, thats not an argument. The fact that a chainsaw can cut by itself doesn't mean that the user doesn't need to apply physical force. A chainsaw doesn't cut a tree standing still. And are you going to ignore that Denji literally kicked Makima?
I never SAID you didn't need to apply ANY physical force when using a chainsaw. Stop putting words in my mouth. I said the point of chainsaws is to be able to cut things without applying much physical force, which doesn't mean you do not have to apply any physical force to use a chainsaw. It's just that they are made to cut very well while applying little amounts of force depending on the density of what's being cut.

Denji kicked Makima and she took literally 0 damage. The only time he kicked her is when he had a literal ******* chainsaw sticking out of his foot and CUT her in half.
And then you realize that Denji took a direct punch to the face without much damage. If you received an attack from a being capable of destroying your torso in less than 5 strikes to the face, I'm sure you would not only bleed a few drops of blood.
...Which just proves my point that Makima is physically much stronger than Hybrid Denji. What'd you even think you were going to get from this?
Also This:

Power can withstand a shoot from Makima, but the Zombies can harm her albeit to a much lesser extent.

This has literally nothing to do with the current argument.

Which just proves my point that Makima is physically much stronger than Hybrid Denji. What'd you even think you were going to get from this?
Seriously? Denji took several physical attacks from Makima and even then the best damage that was done was bleeding, no big deal. Only after several and several attacks was she able to open Denji's body. Its even arguable that Makima being able to open Denji's body in the end is just plain bullshit, because as I just said, if you get punched in the face by someone capable of opening your torso you won't just bleed, your head will instantly shatter in pieces
I said the point of chainsaws is to be able to cut things without applying much physical force
Yes, but it still needs physical strength after all
Denji kicked Makima and she took literally 0 damage
Just because she didnt bleed does not mean that she was not damaged. Her body was thrown away with the kick. Assuming that she was undamaged is baseless assumption

It's hard to say how much extra cutting power Denji's chainsaws would have and how much lower his actual strength is without his chainsaws. Chainsaws naturally allow you to cut things much harder than could ever be cut with human hands. Like you wouldn't need to swing a chainsaw with the force you would with an axe to cut down a tree thanks to the chains rapidly moving, but it gets trickier with stuff like this. Like how much of his strength comes from the movement of his arms and how much of it comes from the rapid movement of the chains circling around the main body of the chainsaws whenever he slices someone in half? I have no idea how that would be calculated. I believe that Makima is indeed superior to Hybrid Denji physically, but Denji's AP should still be at least comparable based on some of the images and evidence provided by @LIFE_OF_KING

I'll respond to this once I'm done with dinner and some other shit. So, in a few hours.

Also, for the record, I have no problem with Denji's durability scaling to Makima. I'm just saying that in the end Makima is much stronger physically, which is part of why she won, outside of her immortality.

This is true. However we do know that Denji is somewhat comparable to Makima, who killed the Gun Devil.
We have no idea how exactly the fight between Makima and the Gun Devil went down, and Makima was using the abilities of several other Devils.

Not to mention that the Gun Devil can one-shot Makima anyway; Makima just survives due to her contract with the Japanese Prime Minister.

She still needs comparable A.P to finish it.
Not necessarily, since as I pointed out she is using other Devil abilities to fight it, and the only thing we know about how the fight went down is that Makima failed to defeat it, it took over a dead body, and it got away.

Not necessarily, since as I pointed out she is using other Devil abilities to fight it, and the only thing we know about how the fight went down is that Makima failed to defeat it, it took over a dead body, and it got away.
More likely that Makima intentionally set a trap for the Gun Devil to take over Aki's body specifically so that Denji would be forced to kill him, which would only further break his spirit. But yea, you're basically right that she used a ton of other Devil abilities to fight the Gun Devil.

She legit said that she wanted to cause Denji as much suffering as possible. She likely let it get away.

Back